Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Default No disagreements?

There was a thread that just got deleted. It was because the thread was about Miley and people wondered if she was a bad role model. A few people said yes and then one person said that everyone was mean.
Seriously, can NO ONE have different opnions on WI? Do we all have to love Twlight/JB/Miley? Is any thread saying that they aren't that great or that they are worried about them worng?
There have been other therads. Threads saying that Ganz will lose costumers because of certain things got closed. This is happening everywhere, and WI isn't diverse anymore. Meaness and debate and disagreements are two diffferent things.
Ivie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
WhiteTerrierFan

Default Re: No disagreements?

I agree that it's okay to disagree, that should not be a problem, but if someone is going to argue about something and put down someone else's opinion, then it's not good. Certain threads though may not be appropriate topics for younger kids, and there may have been other reasons why that thread was closed besides what you saw. [rep]
Old 01-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
e all love our
Webkinz :)

fluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant futurefluffypup has a brilliant future

I agree, everyone should be able to state their own opinion. But if it is in a rude way, that is a different story!
♥peep
fluffypup is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
Oh ya Edward says I'
Gifted

dark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of light

I totally agree with you I love Twilight but I don't go make fun of people I also don't say their wrong or mean because they don't like Twilight I'm fine with other people liking other things
Old 01-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Ivie
There was a thread that just got deleted. It was because the thread was about Miley and people wondered if she was a bad role model. A few people said yes and then one person said that everyone was mean.
Seriously, can NO ONE have different opnions on WI? Do we all have to love Twlight/JB/Miley? Is any thread saying that they aren't that great or that they are worried about them worng?
There have been other therads. Threads saying that Ganz will lose costumers because of certain things got closed. This is happening everywhere, and WI isn't diverse anymore. Meaness and debate and disagreements are two diffferent things.
Please don't use all caps. It's against the rules. You may underline or bold for emphasis.

No, you don't have to love Twilight/JB/Miley. You can even disagree if you can do it nicely, as in "I'm not really into Twilight." Just don't say "I hate those books."

Are standard rule is that if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all. WI is diverse. If it wasn't and everybody liked the same things, we wouldn't need a rule about disagreeing nicely.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
angelicd77
angelicd77 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont think that voicing a difference of opinions is wrong.. however i do think that mabye some of the things that some WI users post may be misconstrued by some of the younger members... i dont think that that is a reason to close a thread but mabye there are other reasons for the thread being closed... who knows???
angelicd77 is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 04:19 PM   #7

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

I agree to some degree.

IT seems that sometimes, people go too far with their disagreements. It's okay to say something like "I don't like twilight" but when you start saying stuff like "All the characters are dumb or Edward's a stalker and Bella's bland" that's when the threads get deleted. IT's fine if you say you don't like it but sometimes people just go to far and become mean. There is always a way to express your opinion nicely.

That's my opinion.
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

The thing is, you can say "I don't really like Twlight, it's too dark for me" you get attacked. "Twlight isn't dark! It's great! Why are peopel so mean? I['mg oing to quit WI!"

---------- Ivie added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by larkrose
Please don't use all caps. It's against the rules. You may underline or bold for emphasis.

No, you don't have to love Twilight/JB/Miley. You can even disagree if you can do it nicely, as in "I'm not really into Twilight." Just don't say "I hate those books."

Are standard rule is that if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all. WI is diverse. If it wasn't and everybody liked the same things, we wouldn't need a rule about disagreeing nicely.
Sorry, I didn't think there ere many caps. I'll be more careful next time.

Last edited by Ivie; 01-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Ivie is offline Female
Old 01-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
Gift Guru

larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!larkrose is headed for the top!

Donation Award 

Which leads us back to "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Anything--books, singers, movies--that has fans means people feel strongly about it. If you don't like Twilight, skip the threads discussing it.

It is pointless to argue on the Internet about Miley or Twilight or anything like that. You won't convince the other side and they won't convince you. Focus on things that do interest you and don't waste your time on things that don't.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #10
you're not alone

minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

I know your talking about me

I am fine with stating opinions but when someone seriously attacks our feeling it does hurt.
minimaid is offline Female
Closed