Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
Gifted

Webkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guideWebkinz5929 is a golden guide

Default Re: No Bad Words, Period!

Totally agree! Repp!
Webkinz5929 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #12
uvs being an insane
Webkinz :)

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by harrypotterfan101
I agree. Bad words really shouldn't be typed, and you should never call someone names.

But some of the words that aren't allowed don't make any sense to me.
Exactly what I was thinking. There are some non-bad words that aren't allowed that I don't get. Of course, it is all a matter of how you use it though. Like the words that describe goofy people basically. I use them for myself all the time and see nothing wrong with it, but if you use it for another person, it's bad. See what I mean?
Smiley Rockr is offline Female
Old 05-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
marloh818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thumbs down Re: No Bad Words, Period!

View Post Originally Posted by harrypotterfan101
I agree. Bad words really shouldn't be typed, and you should never call someone names.

But some of the words that aren't allowed don't make any sense to me.
I agree about the words not being allowed sometimes making no sense at all. With all of the money Ganz is making with Webkinz, they should have more sophisticated filters. For example, my niece adopted the cocker spaniel POTM this month and wanted to name it Butterscotch, which of course was not allowed (presumably because of the word ****?) If people can get away with saying a bad word with spaces or periods, there should be better filters which would be able to view the "offensive" word in the context of the complete word. We suggested that she try Budderscotch but she wanted it spelled the correct way and chose a totally different name that she wasn't as happy with. It's just my opinion but I wish they could fix this.:cs:
marloh818 is offline Female
Old 05-21-2009, 10:24 PM   #14
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

Good for you for standing up for yourself! People shouldn't abuse the system because there are big and little ears and eyes on this website. No one should ever insult someone else and if you want to do the "asterisk/space thing", do it with another adult in a PM or something. Thanks for caring.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
cookiecrumbles

I totally agree with you! It's a good idea to bring this to our attention, and to report anyone who does this. Rep to you!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
Gift Guru

californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!californiax24 is the cats pajamas!

Its simple. If you see a bad word (used in bad context), report it by red flagging the post. Its not something that needs to be discussed or worked out...if you see bad words, you know they dont belong, and they should be deleted.
californiax24 is offline Female
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #17

mjsiowa is just really nicemjsiowa is just really nice

Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Hello WI!

This really gets me ticked off. When somebody wants to say a bad (cuss) word, but they know it would be starred out, so they put periods or spaces in between the letters. For example (no, I'm not going to say a bad word!)

Example:
Person1:
Hey there! How was your day?

Person2:
Ugh, it st.unk! (of course since that word is allowed, they would use another word for it, if you know what I mean)

In this conversation, Person2 put periods in between the letters so it wasn't starred out.

Example:

Person1:
Hey there! How was your day?

Person2:
Ugh, it s t u n k!

In this conversation, Person2 put spaces in between the letters so it wasn't starred out.

Now, I've had people call me very bad words which were not starred out because there were periods (.) in between the letters. Of course I reported it and the person was banned. But if that happens to you, don't be afraid to speak up to a Moderator or Administrator and they'll take care of it. And, if you're somebody who does do this, weather it's call somebody something or just say it, please don't. The whole point is to NOT do it because there are little kids on here, and it's just mean and hurtful. Thank you for reading, all comments appreciated.

♥Alyssa♥
Alyssa, I totally agree with you. We all have bad days and good days And we come here to feel better and relate to people who like the same things we do.

Using improper words, calling names and using certain words just is not right! There are children on this website and we who are not as young should set a good example!

rocks and most of the members do too!

mjs
mjsiowa is offline Female
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #18
I love being a
Gift Trainee

lovinglizzi has a spectacular aura aboutlovinglizzi has a spectacular aura about

ya i agree but i have NEVER saw/ heard anyone who said a bad word soo...
Old 05-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #19
Gifted

trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!trueblue is the cats pajamas!

i agree there is no need to post stuff like that
trueblue is offline Female
Old 05-21-2009, 10:39 PM   #20
I love being a
Gift Trainee

lovinglizzi has a spectacular aura aboutlovinglizzi has a spectacular aura about

may i also say that some words that you can't use on webkinz are riduculous. I was with my friend and she lives inaalaska and she asked how is the weather (this was in the clubhouse in kinxchat plus) and i said it was a hot day and it didnt let me put hot geeze so i had to but warm but it wasnt just warm it was like 90 but i guess i see why tht wrd isnt alowed i gues :|
Closed

Tags
cheese!, doritos for charity?