Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Lil Kinz
HuntNme is an unknown quantity at this point

Question newbie needs some help

Hello all! My son just got into Webkinz, I bought him the Chihuahua about 2 weeks ago and then gave him 9 more for Easter today since he's been glued to the Webkinz website since we got the Chihuahua. (I don't blame him, it is addictive-I sneak and get on his when he's sleeping or not online...lol) Well, when he registered that 1st one he typed in his own name when he set up his account (his username is correct) and he typed "Hanter" instead of Hunter. I didn't notice this until last night here @ work when I was planning to print his certificate for the Chihuahua. I tried every way possible on the site to find a place to edit his name or to reach someone (via "contact us" or "help", even "tech support") and no luck at all. Is there any way I can edit the name or contact someone who can? He's registered all of his new ones and I'd like to print his certificates, but I'd like to have the right name on them... I hope I don't bombard you all with questions over the next lil bit, I'm a true "newbie" and I have lots to learn... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :-)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2008, 09:51 PM   #2
Fieldhockeyxoxo

Default Re: newbie needs some help

oww that stinks! i messed up on mine too! lol. umm i dont think u can change it, but u can try to contact ganz at support@webkinz.com or try calling 1-800-web-kinz! thats all i can say! idk if they will let you, i made a typo on my black and white cheeky dog and named him pachtes instead of patches. and i emailed them, and they said theres no way to change it =[. well its worth a shot! good luck, and welcome to WI!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
The Awesome are
Gifted

Web69kinzs will become famous soon enough

ugh! i hate doing typos!!! espicially u can't see it until it's already been done!!
Web69kinzs is offline Female
Old 03-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
kateygma is now a
Gift Guru

katey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonderkatey3007 wows us all with wonder

Unfortunately only Ganz can change the name. You can e-mail them and ask them to change it and then plan on waiting at least a few weeks. They should e-mail you back.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #5
call me ratty!
Gifted

rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!rattyjol is not just visiting!

yeah i always look over all my info before i put it in permanently...
rattyjol is offline Female
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #6
Lil Kinz
HuntNme is an unknown quantity at this point

I know, I hate typos, too... but usually there's a place to edit profiles on sites... would be great if this one had that...
Old 03-24-2008, 08:31 AM   #7
Webkinz :)
Pineapple _ Princess is an unknown quantity at this point

unfortuantly, there is no way to change the name, thats why when registering you pet, it says are you sure you want to add this pet to (put ur username here)'s account and then u click yes and there is no way to change it sadly, the same happend to me i named two of my pets the same thing by accident and my brother named his pet gake instead of jake.. so sadly thers no way to change it
Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #8
efew2
Gift Guru

lwhatley is on a distinguished road

I have never heard of anyone being able to get their name changed. I think you might be stuck with Hanter! Yuck!
lwhatley is offline Female
Old 03-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
Gift Trainee
Cheri444 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since he started his account less than 30 days ago, you could have his account reset, but he would lose everything he accumulated up to this point. I ended up doing that with my son's account (for a different reason though). He was able to play on his account until it was reset (I think it took about a week), but then one day we weren't able to log on, so we were able to start his account over, including re-adopting his first pet.

It's a drastic move, but if he really wants the name changed you could consider it. My daughter mis-typed one of her pet's names and it bothers me more than it does her.

Good luck!
Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM   #10
I Love Horses
Banned
puppypawsj has a spectacular aura about

no you cant change it.... but if it makes you feel better i have 61 webbies and one time i named 2 of my webbies the same thing!! i got so mad! o well i just said one is "lilly" and one is "lilly" short for lillypad! LOL!....... oh and WELCOME TO WW & WI!
(oh & no personal pics allowed)
puppypawsj is offline Female
Closed