Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 11:50 PM   #21
Banned
xhollixsterx is a jewel in the roughxhollixsterx is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: New suggestion for gift exchange area.

Thats a great idea! I bet you could get people to be moderators and just do that, nothing else.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2007, 12:10 AM   #22
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

This would be extremely difficult to implement. I sure wish it were possible, but it just isn't. To put it in perspective, in the month of May, over 2,500 trades were made on WI. That's almost 100/day, could you imagine a moderator hosting 100 trades a day??

Also, of those 2500 trades, there were very, very few scams. I feel awful for Reeses13 and Alison153, but eventually haley's karma will catch up with her.
Justin is offline Male
Old 06-01-2007, 12:29 AM   #23
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
This would be extremely difficult to implement. I sure wish it were possible, but it just isn't. To put it in perspective, in the month of May, over 2,500 trades were made on WI. That's almost 100/day, could you imagine a moderator hosting 100 trades a day??

Also, of those 2500 trades, there were very, very few scams. I feel awful for Reeses13 and Alison153, but eventually haley's karma will catch up with her.

I totally agree with Justin, the moderators here are fantastic and do a great job already. I have been checking the gift exchange alot but have not set up a gift registry yet and see how well each of you traders handle them. You are way to fast for me. The moderators are right on top of anything that is not posted properly. I really don't think you would find any other site so well monitored. There will always be a few bad apples but at least here they try to handle it as fast as possible.
THANKS TO ALL THE MODERATORS
Gram2Four is offline Female
Old 06-02-2007, 07:37 AM   #24

Marbaby101 is on a distinguished road

Thank u so much for warning us.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 AM   #25
kayeray
Gift Guru

kayeray has a spectacular aura about

Hey that is a GREAT idea! I've been waiting almost 24 hours for Queenie to send the trading card shoes to me for a pair of trading card pants that I sent to her. I've pmed her several times when I've noticed she is on and she will not respond back to me.
Thanks pointz to you for suggesting this. Hopefully as WI grows, Justin might can add this for us.
Kayeray
kayeray is offline Female
Old 06-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #26
chewbacca2
Gift Guru

chewbacca2 is on a distinguished road

I think the best thing to do when trading is to look at the person's feedback. I don't know what happened with the scammers mentioned above, but I think it says somewhere that if a person has low or no feedback, they have to send first. Most of the time, feedback is a good indication of the kind of person you are dealing with. If they have lots of giftz points, you shouldn't have to worry!

Chewie
Old 06-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #27
yeagermiester/winnie
Gift Guru

yeagermiester has a spectacular aura about

hello all
I've read all the posts and I have to say that it would be extremely costly to the mods to handle every trade on this site let alone the time involved. I think we tend to forget that these people are all volunteers...they do not get paid for what they do...
My idea is to do IP checks before allowing people to trade in the gift exchange...this would eliminate a couple of things.
Secondly, if someone is caught scamming then you block them from the site by IP address. See if you just block them by name then they can change their name and come back on and you have no way of knowing it's the same person...hence more scams.
If you have their IP address and you block them by that...they are blocked totally. Noone is gonna go out and buy a new computer just to trade so it protects ALL of us from being scammed...
I think everyone should get one chance and that's it...caught scamming you're done on the site. There are too many pleasent people out there who are trying to be gifters that will not scam to put all of us at risk by giving someone a 2nd chance...you scam, you're done.
Just my honest opinion on it
yeagermiester is offline Female
Closed