Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

Default New status above Gift Guru... IDEA :)

Hello Everyone!! I have an idea for WI for a New Gifted Genius status above the Gift Guru status. Here I go ...

As I became Gifted I seen so many of the lovely Gift Guru's. I was thinking of adding a new status above the Gift Guru's. Of course you will have to go through the same process Gift Trainee, Gifted, Gift Guru, and then the *New* Gifted Genius also the process to be one will have to be harder than the Gift Guru one.

I was thinking of Orange because its a neutral color that Boys and Girls wouldn't mind having.

The Order it would be is:

Gift Trainee
Gifted
Gift Guru
Gifted Genius
*You would have to be a Gift Guru to become a Gifted Genius.*

The Qualifications would look something like this to become a Gift Genius..
Spoiler: show

1. 200 Posts

2. 100 trade "Giftz" points in the big GE, not counting your TS Giftz (Your Giftz points are displayed under your Avatar and shows the total unique Giftz. It is not your Total Positive Feedback - that is an accumulation of all trade points received both by traders you have traded with once and more than once)

3. 100% positive feedback

4. Six (6) month of membership in the Gift Exchange area (measured by 180 days from the date of the first trade feedback)

*In My Opinion some Statuses are just for looks... I don't have any ideas what unlocking a Gifted Genius could do. Example: Gift Guru unlocks trading through PM's. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Suggestions:

Wuzzle's Idea = More PM Space!
Craftyreader's idea = Help The Gift Coaches! Really Good, but not possible!

Originally Posted by Desty
I always think that having goals to work toward are good! People naturally are inclined to work harder for an award of some kind. I think that your idea would add some fun, new activity in the GE.
On a sidenote, I would love to see a goal for people like me (who don't like to trade) a new status goal as well, to work toward.
Originally Posted by Mynoey
I really like this idea!

I think what I like most is the concept of it coming with responsibilities that, in small ways, would make life a little easier for those who carry large and time consuming responsibilities. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to help out in some way but hesitates to offer because RL doesn't allow committing a sizable amount of time.

Love the idea of helping the GCs. Perhaps the GGs, depending on skills, could also help with preparing some of the basic info for those who are carrying the primary responsibilities for maintaining the Wiki and the WIGEV. Both were huge projects before Ganz upped the amount of new items from a occasional flurry to a steady blizzard! Everyone on WI who works to provide us with the info that allows our fair trade system to work so smoothly deserves any support we can give to make what they do for us easier for them.

Upgrading from liking this idea to loving it. The best titles are the ones where you have the possibility of doing something that helps; that makes a difference. This idea has that possibility.

Kudos on your wonderful suggestion, Karen!
Here are some Links for things we can do to help here on WI regardless of age and status!! Thanks Webberlily!!!!

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
If any of you want to help us out on WI, please look into our WIKI forum. We can use help there. So much updating to do! there are jobs for every skill level

Wiki Discussion

and here's a useful link to get you started:

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/.../#post19141632

Some interesting links from mickey26.
Thanks Mickey!!!

Originally Posted by mickey26
I think that would be considered a "job" and you have to be over 18 years of age to have a job.
Read more about a job similar to this, here-- http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/.../#post24346607
&
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...4/#post2113945

Thank you so much for reading!!! Please Support!

Last edited by karenpd; 04-14-2012 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: Adding Info..
karenpd is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Webkinz :)
Dachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshine
Dachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshineDachshund122601 is a ray of sunshine

Default Re: New status above Gift Guru... IDEA :)

I like it! Nice idea Karen!! I support!!!
Dachshund122601 is offline Male
Old 04-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
well, what features would be unlocked by obtaining this status? furthermore, what would one have to achieve to get it?

statuses aren't just for looks. for instance, unlocking gift guru grants you permission to trade via pm. i don't really see what else could be added to make a trader "higher up" than that (with the exception of gift coaches of course).
I agree with this.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
Gift Guru

karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest
karenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contestkarenpd could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Goldendoodle
well, what features would be unlocked by obtaining this status? furthermore, what would one have to achieve to get it?

statuses aren't just for looks. for instance, unlocking gift guru grants you permission to trade via pm. i don't really see what else could be added to make a trader "higher up" than that (with the exception of gift coaches of course).
Hey, Thanks for the questions! It would ONLY be a status. In my opinion some status are just for looks! You are so correct that there are not to many features that could be unlocked by achieving this. If you have suggestions that would be great!

The Qualifications would look something like this to become a
a Gift Genius..
  1. 200 Posts
  2. 100 trade "Giftz" points in the big GE, not counting your TS Giftz (Your Giftz points are displayed under your Avatar and shows the total unique Giftz. It is not your Total Positive Feedback - that is an accumulation of all trade points received both by traders you have traded with once and more than once)
  4. Six (6) month of membership in the Gift Exchange area (measured by 30 days from the date of the first trade feedback)

View Post Originally Posted by Dachshund122601
I like it! Nice idea Karen!! I support!!!
Thanks!!

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
I agree with this.
I answered some questions above.... Thanks for posting
Old 04-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
Likes Art
Gift Guru

Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!Wuzzle is not just visiting!

I'm just not sure how this would do anything...would we get more pm space, would there be a special section just for gift geniuses like the gift gurus have? how many unique trades would you need? 100 seems too few.

and is a genius better than a guru?
Wuzzle is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Wuzzle
I'm just not sure how this would do anything...would we get more pm space, would there be a special section just for gift geniuses like the gift gurus have? how many unique trades would you need? 100 seems too few.

and is a genius better than a guru?

I would be a status thing the more PM space is a GREAT idea . It would be above a Guru. I think 100 is fair or they can up it if need be. Thanks for posting!!
Old 04-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #7
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by karenpd
Hey, Thanks for the questions! It would ONLY be a status. In my opinion some status are just for looks! You are so correct that there are not to many features that could be unlocked by achieving this. If you have suggestions that would be great!

The Qualifications would look something like this to become a
a Gift Genius..

1. 200 Posts
  4. Six (6) month of membership in the Gift Exchange area (measured by 30 days from the date of the first trade feedback)

Thanks!!

I answered some questions above.... Thanks for posting
If the status is just for 'looks' it sounds like a lot of unnecessary work for the mods and admins...
I really don't see the purpose of this status. Sure, there's the whole idea of having a 'higher' status, but as there aren't that many GGs to begin with, it doesn't really have much use.
The next status is Gift Coach, which requires one to be at least 18 and in good standing. I think most GGs can wait out for that if they aren't content with their current status.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
If the status is just for 'looks' it sounds like a lot of unnecessary work for the mods and admins...
I really don't see the purpose of this status. Sure, there's the whole idea of having a 'higher' status, but as there aren't that many GGs to begin with, it doesn't really have much use.
The next status is Gift Coach, which requires one to be at least 18 and in good standing. I think most GGs can wait out for that if they aren't content with their current status.

I do understand! It is a lot of work for the Mods and Admins.

WI is not for being rude or mean. Its a fun and trusting site to be on. That's one of the many reasons why I love it so much! Its just another step to show us Gifted that they are over qualified in the gifting process without being a GC.

Last edited by karenpd; 04-13-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 04-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

It's a nice idea. Even though I don't think it's just for looks. (:
But yeah, it could unlock more trading space. And you could be able to help the gift coaches or something? Maybe host contests in the GE area to win any type of items.. raffles.. stuff like that. Sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if it'll ever work out, but it's a good idea. (:
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
It's a nice idea. Even though I don't think it's just for looks. (:
But yeah, it could unlock more trading space. And you could be able to help the gift coaches or something? Maybe host contests in the GE area to win any type of items.. raffles.. stuff like that. Sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if it'll ever work out, but it's a good idea. (:

Hey! Thank you for your support. I love the idea to help the GC
Closed

Tags
think outside the [box], you are beautiful!