Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #31
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New status...?

Maybe a perk could be more sizing space for avvies and siggies?? (not a really huge deal, but something nice)
Desty is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 06:24 PM   #32
Alyssa

alyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guidealyssa338 is a golden guide

Well, what if you change your mind?
alyssa338 is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #33
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by alyssa338
Well, what if you change your mind?
If you change your mind you can always apply for a GT. This idea was just for the Webkinz who wanted to bump up a status.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #34
Gifted

webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I understand what you're saying. I guess the purpose of it might be to encourage people who are Webkinz to post useful, helpful posts as opposed to fluff and spam. It would sort of be a way for this site to show some sort of recognition to non-trading members. I still think it would be good for it to be something like the GE where someone would have to apply and have already contributed non-fluff posts.
View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Maybe a perk could be more sizing space for avvies and siggies?? (not a really huge deal, but something nice)
Well, when you think about it that way I like it a little bit better, and I do get that it's somehting to work up to. I was just saying that it didn't have much of a purpose, in my opinion. It's not that I disagree with it, it's just that I'm not overly sold on it. :-)
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Old 04-09-2010, 07:32 PM   #35
Gift Guru

Okay, let's get ONE THING STRAIGHT.

I NEVER SAID THAT THIS WASN'T SOMETHING TO WORK UP TO. I recall that I DID post requirements. Why do you think I would do that if you wouldn't apply to be a Sig. Webkinz?? It sort of hurts my feelings that people are putting me down (and rating 3 *'s) just because of a TINY LITTLE thing. So please consider this and be a little more kind with your opinions.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:35 PM   #36
Rainbow_Bacon

Ilovepotatoes is a name known to allIlovepotatoes is a name known to allIlovepotatoes is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by lilhorselover
I think that's a really awesome idea!
Maybe signatures could have an orange userame?

I think that's an idea! Like this:

Ilovepotatoes
oot Woot!
Signature Webkinz
Ilovepotatoes is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #37
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Ilovepotatoes
I think that's an idea! Like this:

Ilovepotatoes
oot Woot!
Signature Webkinz
Other members have stated that Justin will not be adding anymore colored statuses.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #38
Gift Guru

DKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonderDKMagoo wows us all with wonder

I like the idea and the concept of non-traders to have something to work towards. However, the GT program is already a lot of work for moderators, considering they have to go through an individual's every post. It seems that by adding another status, this is creating more work for them.
Because of that, I think it being an automated thing may be better. However, (and I don't know if this is possible), maybe the requirements could be altered a bit, so that posts in the "Open Mike" section don't go towards the individual's count (that way, posts on the DCT which would otherwise not count towards becoming a GT and such wouldn't count), or maybe the individual would need to have a certain ammount of rep (which signifies helpful posts. I don't actually think rep should be what it's based on, because that requires acknowledgement by others, and a lack of it doesn't nescessarily mean an individual's posts aren't constructive. It could likely also lead to an abuse of this feature). But maybe someone else has a better idea of an automated way to insure this?

EDIT: I see the idea of basing it off rep has already come up.
I know that the forum automatically keeps track of how much rep every member has: that's how the boxes are added. There used to be a feature which showed you this number in your User CP, but it contributed to the abuse of rep points as members sought to have the most rep. That's why it isn't visible. However, this automatic tracking system makes me think that a means of updating one's usergroup according to rep and other things may be possible.

Last edited by DKMagoo; 04-09-2010 at 09:28 PM..
DKMagoo is offline Female
Old 04-11-2010, 01:46 PM   #39
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru

rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber

I like the idea!
It seems to fit the progression of lilkinz...webkinz...signaturewebkinz. just going by non-fluff posts only I think it should be the next step.
I would love to see a admins opinion on this.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #40
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

That is a good idea! Maybe their username's could be colored brown or another dark color, that won't have members squinting to read. I think bright colors such as pink, yellow, etc., may hurt some member's eyes.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
bethany♥, naruto ♥ salena, ~lego