Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #21
Gifted
 
Cheerleader98's Avatar
Cheerleader98 has disabled reputation

Default Re: New status...?

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I think adding the title is a good idea, but I don't think a username color change would be necessary. Justin has already said that there will be no more color additions.
I agree with Lake completely on this. Another color addition would just frazzle my poor mind! D:

But, overall, I honestly LOVE your idea, Baby_G!!
Cheerleader98 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
ʎʞɔɐʍ ɐp sı ɯoɯɹǝʞɔo
Gift Guru
 
rockermom's Avatar
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero
rockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a herorockermom was born a hero

WI Subscriber
Default Re: New status...?

what a great idea! like for members with over 10000 posts or something. what an appropriate next step.
rockermom is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #23
Webkinz :)
 
peachypeaches's Avatar
peachypeaches is a forum hero
peachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum heropeachypeaches is a forum hero

Default Re: New status...?

I think this would be a cool idea, but without a color change. Unless it was a very, very subtle one. I'm one of those people who will probably never become a trader. I would maybe like to, but I just doubt I'll ever actually do it. So having another status would be something to achieve.
peachypeaches is offline
Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 AM   #24
crazygirl024
Gift Guru
 
crazygirl024's Avatar
crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!crazygirl024 is the bees knees!

Default Re: New status...?

View Post Originally Posted by crazysince95
I definitely agree with giving an alternative status to those who won't be participating in the GE.



Might this not encourage "useless" rep, though? I know it's a common issue when rep is given out for no reason; I could see a pair of friends possibly rep-spamming in order to get the required amount. Probably 5 of my 7 (maybe 6? Really, don't check rep too often) rep bars came from when I posted in the Rumor Mill for a couple of months. When giving helpful answers in the forums, someone may not get as many rep points as those who do Rumors, or vice-versa. It could really turn reputation into a competition or encourage rep-spamming IMHO. It might make "comparing" people by their amount of rep bars more common, when in reality, your amount of rep bars does not make you a better/worse member.

Just an opinion.
I can see your point..Rep points aren't always given when deserved and vice versa.
crazygirl024 is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 06:33 AM   #25
Gifted
 
murphy20071's Avatar
murphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roostmurphy20071 rules the roost

Default Re: New status...?

View Post Originally Posted by crazygirl024
I think its a good idea! I'm not sure if it should be automatic after a certain number of posts though. I think the fluff posts would get out of hand as people would be trying to up their post count.
I agree. (:
murphy20071 is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 07:42 AM   #26
How many zeros?
Webkinz :)
 
000000005's Avatar

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

Default Re: New status...?

View Post Originally Posted by crazygirl024
I had an idea....What if you had to have a certain number of rep points. The rep point amount could prove that you've been a contributing and helping member.
Like once you got Click the image to open in full size. you could become a signature webkinz?
000000005 is offline Male
Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #27
Gifted
 
webkinzmania44's Avatar
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent
webkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talentwebkinzmania44 is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: New status...?

I have to say.... this is a nice idea and all, but what is the point? No, I'm not trying to be rude. But there is a lil'kinz for a reason (because they just joined), there is a webkinz for a reason (you are a contributing member but don't trade gifts), and there is a reason for GT. Gifted, and Gift Guru (You are beginning to trade, you are a trader, and you are a great trader who gets special priveleges). Each of these are made for a reason. But I don't really get why we would add a signature webkinz. Each of the statuses enables us to do more (lilkinz becomes a member, webkinz have access to PMs and other things you can't have when you're a lilkinz, Gift Trainee you get the priveledge of training, Gifted you have the right to gift without instructuion, and finally Gift Guru you get to trade through PM.) But what would signature add? The only thing I could think of would be maybe there would be a signature webkinz DCT. But other than that, I'm not sure I get the point. And this might be a problem with rep, as others have said. I'm very sorry to put you down, but I don't think I really like this idea. This doesn't mean I don't think webkinz are important and that they shouldn't have somehting to work up to, I just don't agree with the idea. Sorry.

Last edited by webkinzmania44; 04-09-2010 at 07:51 AM..
webkinzmania44 is offline Male
Old 04-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #28
wolfyclub
Webkinz :)
 
Wolfyclub's Avatar
Wolfyclub knows the way
Wolfyclub knows the wayWolfyclub knows the way

Default Re: New status...?

Yeah, great idea!
Wolfyclub is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #29
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)
 
Desty's Avatar
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New status...?

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzmania44
I have to say.... this is a nice idea and all, but what is the point? No, I'm not trying to be rude. But there is a lil'kinz for a reason (because they just joined), there is a webkinz for a reason (you are a contributing member but don't trade gifts), and there is a reason for GT. Gifted, and Gift Guru (You are beginning to trade, you are a trader, and you are a great trader who gets special priveleges). Each of these are made for a reason. But I don't really get why we would add a signature webkinz. Each of the statuses enables us to do more (lilkinz becomes a member, webkinz have access to PMs and other things you can't have when you're a lilkinz, Gift Trainee you get the priveledge of training, Gifted you have the right to gift without instructuion, and finally Gift Guru you get to trade through PM.) But what would signature add? The only thing I could think of would be maybe there would be a signature webkinz DCT. But other than that, I'm not sure I get the point. And this might be a problem with rep, as others have said. I'm very sorry to put you down, but I don't think I really like this idea. This doesn't mean I don't think webkinz are important and that they shouldn't have somehting to work up to, I just don't agree with the idea. Sorry.
I understand what you're saying. I guess the purpose of it might be to encourage people who are Webkinz to post useful, helpful posts as opposed to fluff and spam. It would sort of be a way for this site to show some sort of recognition to non-trading members. I still think it would be good for it to be something like the GE where someone would have to apply and have already contributed non-fluff posts.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #30
pup5115
Gift Guru
 
pup5115's Avatar
pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: New status...?

View Post Originally Posted by Lake
I think adding the title is a good idea, but I don't think a username color change would be necessary. Justin has already said that there will be no more color additions.
That sounds like a cool idea But like Lake said, Justin already announced that there won't be any more username color changes.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
I understand what you're saying. I guess the purpose of it might be to encourage people who are Webkinz to post useful, helpful posts as opposed to fluff and spam. It would sort of be a way for this site to show some sort of recognition to non-trading members. I still think it would be good for it to be something like the GE where someone would have to apply and have already contributed non-fluff posts.
Yes, it would encourage non-fluff posts. The special dct just for them would be something to look into, because there is a GEDCT. But we would have to think about what else being a siggie webkinz would be all about, because the GEDCT is just a side chat for traders, it is not really the main purpose of the GE though. We need to come up with a few more ideas.

View Post Originally Posted by crazygirl024
I had an idea....What if you had to have a certain number of rep points. The rep point amount could prove that you've been a contributing and helping member.
I don't agree on that, it would make things just a race for the rep. It really isn't a good way to judge people by, because there are some people who abuse rep by giving it to everybody.

Last edited by pup5115; 04-09-2010 at 08:34 AM..
pup5115 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
bethany♥, naruto ♥ salena, ~lego

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts