Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   A new section idea! (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/new-section-idea-474507/)

badena202-26-2009 08:34 PM

Re: A new section idea!

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypenny (Post 13190715)
I think that a new section is needed.
A chats section.

Becuase the club I was part of was deleted, because of "chatting" and the admins told me to chat at the DCT.
Have you ever tried chatting at the DCT?
There can be 10 posts popped up while you are posting.
It's very difficult.
Along with that, I would like to know for sure that I have the same interests as the people I'm chatting with, rather than say "Hi, I like your avatar" to some random person.
It's awkward and difficult to post on the DCT is what I'm trying to say.

I hope this makes sense!

Here's some more:

I was a member of the ZMGHH Random Club. This club was deleted one day because.... because it was random.
I then created the "ZMGHH Memorial All-Purpose-Thread, where you can chat about it all" which was promptly deleted as well.
The message said I could chat on the DCT.

Even if this story has no effect on you at all, wouldn't you like to start your own chat thread? A place to meet new friends of the same interest, where you could chat as well?

Thanks,
Mariasha

Sometimes chat can become a little inappropriate. Its fun to be in the DCT because you never know who will post, and what topic that is appropriate will start! ;) I bet a lot of people on here would like to chat the same topics as you!

cocogirl21102-26-2009 08:38 PM

Its true, DCT's can get very overwhelming . . . its nice, though, if you go there with only a few members on it :)

Clydsdale_lover02-27-2009 09:06 AM

This is a good idea. (LOL ;) )

Anyway, I really don't think it would be that hard.
WI is a place full of good people and I don't think there would be any problems with chats.
Its extremely awkward chatting on the DCT because you don't know anyone, what they talk about does not make any sense, its hard to keep up and I too felt like I was being ignored because of the huge amount of posts in a short time.

The worst part is, was that when ZMGHH was deleted we had nowhere to go.
The "Open Mike" section is for off topic chat, well they certainly didn't allow us to chat there.

And sure we can chat on PMs or profiles, but we had at least 7 members at ZMGHH, who did not always come on at the same time, but like me, could always just go back and read.
How do you expect to do that on profiles and PMs?

Thats why we really need a place where everyone can just chat and be random.
Sorta like everyone being allowed to have their own "chatting" club. (Of course there would be a limit. Sorta like on the RPs, the chats would have to be approved or something.)
That would be so wonderful, and well, lets just hope everyone else thinks so too. ;)

twilightcrz02-27-2009 10:15 AM

This is so true! What's the point of the DCT if it's barely a convo? Everytime you post there are like 20 more that you missed,and it's so annoying because then you usually just get ignored! I've seen so many clubs closed to "too much chatting" so if you're just going to delete all of the clubs that "chat", why not open an all purpose club, or thread? Sometimes it's just fun to sit around and chat all day!

BTW Welcome to the SM fan club! Can you guess who I am?:coolsmiley: 8)

Elephantboy4202-27-2009 10:53 AM

Wonderful idea, but it would take a mod a long time to read over the posts and make sure the thread is okay.

muzicfreak02-27-2009 11:00 AM

I agree 100%. Clubs are where people go to chat, to haqng out, to get to know each other!
What isthe club section really for then if we can't chat?

lilhorselover02-27-2009 11:07 AM

I like the idea:)

Some clubs taht I belonged to, were delete because they got way off topic. I would like a place where I can just talk. About anything. Totally random.

Rep!

Justin02-27-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzicfreak (Post 13199972)
I agree 100%. Clubs are where people go to chat, to haqng out, to get to know each other!
What isthe club section really for then if we can't chat?

The club section is for chatting about a certain topic. For example, you could have an Apple Computer club, where you chat about Apple Computers.

Unfortunately, this idea for a random club would turn into just a second daily chat thread and then someone would complain and then want to create a second random club, because they don't like the DCT or the first random club. Your idea is exactly what the DCT is.

turtlegurl02-27-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 13200133)
The club section is for chatting about a certain topic. For example, you could have an Apple Computer club, where you chat about Apple Computers.

Unfortunately, this idea for a random club would turn into just a second daily chat thread and then someone would complain and then want to create a second random club, because they don't like the DCT or the first random club. Your idea is exactly what the DCT is.

Couldn't agree more Justin. ;)

ChihuahuaGrl1602-27-2009 01:10 PM

i like this idea because i have given up on being in the DCT, so i opened up a Hard Rock club because music and acting are my main interests but sometimes we get off topic...but iagree that people will post while you are responding to the previous post and then it gets a little messy...but i guess thats why we have the profiles because when someone sends you a message there is a link, "view conversation" button that you can click and then you and a friend can chat back and forth...
good thread...but ya know...