Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
Luv u always
Gift Trainee

smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!smskkc is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: New section idea!

ummmmmmmmmmm idk
smskkc is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

Yes, a hundred times yes!! I love a good debate!! Great idea, rep for you
luckypenny is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #13
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

It's a great idea
But i agree with the others...
some people who have
anger problems..they will
start getting mad, and things
would all be crazy. xD

But i like your thinking
Old 01-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #14
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Ave
It would be fun- I love to defend what I believe in and see others' opinions. But we have younger users on here, they may not understand it, and it could just become a hassle.
Maybe you sould have to ask your parents' permission before going to the debate section.

---------- luckypenny added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later ----------

And you would have to agree to more rules before going into that area, and like maybe 3 strike rule.

Last edited by luckypenny; 01-20-2009 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #15
Webkinz :)

PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!PugsRock is the cats pajamas!

It's a good idea, but it may get out of hand. There would need to be a ton of rules and close monitoring. I love debating (won a debate in school- ha, ha) but it might be a bit of trouble.

-Pugs
PugsRock is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #16
100% Evil.
Gift Guru

Mama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talentMama Girl NH has lots of talent

All wonderful points, everyone. We should go off and have our own debates. LOL Sounds like a group of people who would know how to do so respectfully and with care. LOL Right? I'm right, aren't I? LOL Just kidding. This really would be a fun topic to see, and I would fully support and be a frequent visitor to it if it ever became available. I just think it would require too many resourses (meaning Mods time) to keep it running smoothly and safely, for everyone to enjoy all around. But that doens't mean you coudln't have a nice debate via PM if that's something you really wanted to do, I suppose.... hmmmm....

---------- Mama Girl NH added 1 Minutes and 49 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by smskkc
ummmmmmmmmmm idk

Hi... just to let you know, this could be considered a 'spam' type of post, because you are not really contributing to the conversation, and just stretching out the 10 letter rule. Be careful what you post, and add your opinions so we know what you are thinking. Thanks

Last edited by Mama Girl NH; 01-20-2009 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Mama Girl NH is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #17
is smitchellicious
Gift Guru

smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!smitchell is not just visiting!

While I truly appreciate your suggestion and encourage the creativity, the last thing in the world I'd want to moderate is a debate section, sorry. There are plenty of threads that end up that anyway. That would be WAY more work than any one staff member could moderate.
smitchell is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #18
covered in milk
Banned

Maybe there could just be one thread, where you find someone who wants to debate with you, and you carry the debate on using PMs....I like that idea, but a whole section ould be more fun
Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

If it were to happen, I would want it to be run like a Lincoln-Douglas Debate.

A single topic is posted, such as, "In a democratic society, felons ought to retain the right to vote." (A previous topic) People then get to debate it like a real LD debate (look it up on google for examples). That way, it most definitely wouldn't get out of hand.

Of course, the topics would be like, "Due to demand, Ganz should re-release the original Cheeky Dogs and Cats for one month." There would be an Affirmative and Negative stance. Only 2 people would be able to debate, after being approved by the mods, on a single thread, and after the debate was over, you could post your thoughts about the round! That's how it would run in my world...
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #20
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru

Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

I think it would be, but it would be hard to keep in contorl. They could cause big problems between members and mean things could be said all to easy.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Closed