Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #21
I ♥ My eGirlz
Gift Guru

SweetsMom is a glorious beacon of lightSweetsMom is a glorious beacon of lightSweetsMom is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: WI suggestion... eStore Section? Please Read.

View Post Originally Posted by LunarKitten
I really like this idea.The estore seems to be clogging up the general discussion board :/
Thats exactly what got me to thinking theres gotta be somewhere else to post all of this.

It is a part of WW now whether its liked or disliked... I see its down for maint which means it MIGHT be adding more items once again.

TJ and LunarKitten thanks for your support.
SweetsMom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2008, 01:25 PM   #22
WhiteTerrierFan

I totally agree. An eStore section would be great. Good idea!
Old 10-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #23
She's a Grooooovy
Gift Guru

EXOTERIC is a forum hero
EXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum heroEXOTERIC is a forum hero

That is a great suggestion Sweetsmom - if I may add my thoughts (yes I have a few)...

It would be very practical, and would also serve as a good place to::

1. Announce new items and their descriptions.
2. Allow a place for fans to share their purchases.
3. Compilate images and specs on items bought at the estore.
4. Protect those sensitive about seeing eStore threads in the GD/C.

So far, when new items come out everyone who wants to buy wants to know about it. GD/C is usually the first place anyone checks. Being the first place I check out for news. When the Scarecrow, Pharaoh's costume, Scarecrow and Purple Monster were featured in the eStore I quickly created a thread in the GC/D area. That was great because those who may not have checked the store were able to get items they wanted (the purple Monster was only in for 2 days). So it has to be in a visible place for those of us who are interested.

In majority the reaction was good but for some who were not allowed to purchase either because of their economic situation or for those disgruntled about the fact that virtual items can be bought expressed that it was hard for them to see.

You will probably always hear negative comments as there is a large part of the community that feels Ganz has pushed too much product. In 2007 there was a shortage and in 2008 there has surely been an abundance to choose from. Fine, I hear the negative comments but don't direct them 'at' a member or members who choose to enjoy a certain aspect of Webkinz.

I can understand if someone feels negative towards something but there is a fine line between expressing that and bringing down someone who has chosen to buy the items. At WI we have deeply respected each other even with differing oppinions up until now. At this point it has created a bit of a divide and that is obvious (as SweetsMom pointed out).

No one here deserves to be brought down. In the house threads I see comments like "Geez, you sure buy a lot from the estore!" I take that as an insult. It's bordering on rude. It would be bettter worded like this "Wow your estore items really make your room stand out". Overall I'm seeing more and more comments like that and in a way that's taking down someone.

Buying webkinz products should remain a personal choice for everyone
and those who don't want to buy should not be malicious to those who have chosen to do so. Not everyone was able to get a magical retriever either but we should still be happy for those were were lucky to get one - the same goes for other products.

We should be happy that there are options for buying webkinz items weather it is online at the estore, from commercial stores or online shopping at virtual stores like ameriwade. Options are good to have. Those who are not interested in the items should perhaps refrain from posting comments that are geared to take away the happiness of those who bought online at the estore. People can post in a polite fashion but yet it can clearly be a derrogatory comment.

I don't think that any of us deserve to be brought down because of the way we choose to spend our money. The threads denouncing Ganz for the estore don't even belong anywhere at WI. We are a fan site (granted we are allowed to express our sentiments good or bad but it's become almost anti-estore and gives a sense of boy-cotting) and the fans here should be at ease with all their purchases...regardless of where they came from. My mother told me "if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say it." in this case it would be "if you don't have anything nice to say - don't post it."

I can't say it enough, I agree and yes just one more thing I'd like to say about this::

In some way I wish that it were possible to make a section for those who aren't enthusiatic about the estore in order to protect those of us who are fond of it.

So of course!~ it's not possible to make a section for the un-enthusiastic...so what's the solution?

The Estore needs it's own section, even for a trial basis, so that all the products can be tracked and those who are fans of it have a place to congregate (without negativism) and those who want to learn about the items can do so.

I vote for an eStore section.
EXOTERIC is offline Female
Old 10-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #24
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Well, that said, and I think Exoteric has covered everything! for YOU, I, too would appreciate an EStore section, Please??
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 10-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #25
Gotta Love A
Gift Guru

tjhallow is a name known to alltjhallow is a name known to alltjhallow is a name known to all

Exo...bravo bravo!
tjhallow is offline Female
Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #26
Webkinz :)

ipodnano25 is on a distinguished road

That would be easier because then you wouldnt have all the toehr items mixed with the e-store:]
ipodnano25 is offline Female
Old 10-27-2008, 02:02 PM   #27
I ♥ My eGirlz
Gift Guru

SweetsMom is a glorious beacon of lightSweetsMom is a glorious beacon of lightSweetsMom is a glorious beacon of light

EXOTERIC

This post is exactly why I PM'd you to check this out and give your thoughts.

I knew you'd say everything I couldn't get out or didn't think of. Your thoughts and reasoning are exactly on point.

I so appreciate your input. Thank you for taking the time to support this idea. Rep Point.

To everyone who has posted here I thank you for taking your time to show support and leave your opinions. All opinions are welcomed whether for or against this proposal. We need to hear all sides so WI can make a fair decision.

Last edited by SweetsMom; 10-27-2008 at 02:04 PM..
SweetsMom is offline Female
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #28
World's largest
Webkinz :)

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

I agree whole-heartedly. The negativity towards the estore is overwhelming at times. I think a seperate section for those of us who do not necessarily shop there but enjoy hearing about and seeing what the estore has to offer is just the thing. I know that I have felt obligated to defend Ganz, the concep of the estore and people who purchase things from the estore a few times due to the intensely negative reactions that estore discussion spawns.

Excellent Idea!
Old 10-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #29
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I vote for the eStore section! I think it will be great.

Exo - That was wonderful.
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 10-27-2008, 03:10 PM   #30
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by EXOTERIC
That is a great suggestion Sweetsmom - if I may add my thoughts (yes I have a few)...

It would be very practical, and would also serve as a good place to::

1. Announce new items and their descriptions.
2. Allow a place for fans to share their purchases.
3. Compilate images and specs on items bought at the estore.
4. Protect those sensitive about seeing eStore threads in the GD/C.

So far, when new items come out everyone who wants to buy wants to know about it. GD/C is usually the first place anyone checks. Being the first place I check out for news. When the Scarecrow, Pharaoh's costume, Scarecrow and Purple Monster were featured in the eStore I quickly created a thread in the GC/D area. That was great because those who may not have checked the store were able to get items they wanted (the purple Monster was only in for 2 days). So it has to be in a visible place for those of us who are interested.

In majority the reaction was good but for some who were not allowed to purchase either because of their economic situation or for those disgruntled about the fact that virtual items can be bought expressed that it was hard for them to see.

You will probably always hear negative comments as there is a large part of the community that feels Ganz has pushed too much product. In 2007 there was a shortage and in 2008 there has surely been an abundance to choose from. Fine, I hear the negative comments but don't direct them 'at' a member or members who choose to enjoy a certain aspect of Webkinz.

I can understand if someone feels negative towards something but there is a fine line between expressing that and bringing down someone who has chosen to buy the items. At WI we have deeply respected each other even with differing oppinions up until now. At this point it has created a bit of a divide and that is obvious (as SweetsMom pointed out).

No one here deserves to be brought down. In the house threads I see comments like "Geez, you sure buy a lot from the estore!" I take that as an insult. It's bordering on rude. It would be bettter worded like this "Wow your estore items really make your room stand out". Overall I'm seeing more and more comments like that and in a way that's taking down someone.

Buying webkinz products should remain a personal choice for everyone and those who don't want to buy should not be malicious to those who have chosen to do so. Not everyone was able to get a magical retriever either but we should still be happy for those were were lucky to get one - the same goes for other products.

We should be happy that there are options for buying webkinz items weather it is online at the estore, from commercial stores or online shopping at virtual stores like ameriwade. Options are good to have. Those who are not interested in the items should perhaps refrain from posting comments that are geared to take away the happiness of those who bought online at the estore. People can post in a polite fashion but yet it can clearly be a derrogatory comment.

I don't think that any of us deserve to be brought down because of the way we choose to spend our money. The threads denouncing Ganz for the estore don't even belong anywhere at WI. We are a fan site (granted we are allowed to express our sentiments good or bad but it's become almost anti-estore and gives a sense of boy-cotting) and the fans here should be at ease with all their purchases...regardless of where they came from. My mother told me "if you don't have anything nice to say - don't say it." in this case it would be "if you don't have anything nice to say - don't post it."

I can't say it enough, I agree and yes just one more thing I'd like to say about this::

In some way I wish that it were possible to make a section for those who aren't enthusiatic about the estore in order to protect those of us who are fond of it.

So of course!~ it's not possible to make a section for the un-enthusiastic...so what's the solution?

The Estore needs it's own section, even for a trial basis, so that all the products can be tracked and those who are fans of it have a place to congregate (without negativism) and those who want to learn about the items can do so.

good points, and you might know that i am an avid voter AGAINST the e-store, though i try to keep it under control. i also agree that it is starting to divide WI. already, though i am fairly new, i have recieved positive comments and some rather hurtful ones about my signature. though i have never supported the e-store, i try not to attack those that do. and e-store section would be good, either for the supprtores or haters, so that the forum would not be split like this. though i may occansionly get out of hand, i try to apologize, and yesterday a rather heated thread arose(you might know the one), which got completely out of control, on both sides. so , just like you.............................................. I vote for an eStore section.
bob nws III is offline Male
Closed