Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

Default A New, Quicker Way to Find Your Posts on Threads

Hello All (:

When we go browse over a forum, there are many threads. We see a small folder icon on the left side of the thread's "info box". If the icon has a green dot inside, that tells us that we've posted in that thread before. In order to find that post, we'd have to search through "My Posts" or search the thread. I've used the 'Search This Thread' tool before.. About 2 out of 10 times the correct post shows up. Now, I think there should be a quick, more accurate way to find results. When we mouse over to the folder with the green dot, this shows up:

Click the image to open in full size.

When clicking that, it wll bring up the posts that we've posted in that thread.Then we'd flip through our posts to find what we're looking for. There could also be a more "Advanced" option, we could select: Most recent, 2 week ago etc. but it would just be an add-on to the original idea.

I think this would also be helpful on the GE threads as well. Sometimes its hard to find a post in a GE and you might miss out on a reply. But with the said suggustion it would bring you up to that post so you don't end up searching through all these posts and pages! It would sure help me!

Search This Thread:
The tool WI has now has never worked for me. As said before, about 2 out of the 10 times it actaully brings up some-what of the post(s) I had been looking for. But with that tool, you get everything with related items/words involved.
Maybe its just me that can't get the tool to work, but I still think this suggustion would be more correct and easier.

Thanks!

*With all suggustions, there are Cons -- I am open to your opinions, but let's be kind when stating them *
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

Default Re: A New, Quicker Way to Find Your Posts on Threads

Thanks for telling us-I never knew!
gReTa is offline Female
Old 03-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by gReTa
Thanks for telling us-I never knew!
Your Welcome We learn something new everyday, right?
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 AM   #4
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

Thank you for the new advice! I never can get the search tool to work for me either!
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 03-31-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

I've never had luck with the Search either. It woudl be nice to have an easier method.

Last edited by kayembee; 03-31-2009 at 05:55 AM..
kayembee is offline Female
Old 03-31-2009, 06:39 AM   #6
Gifted

I don't think you understand- There is no existing method... all of the above is a suggustion. It isn't actaully a tool avalible on WI at this time.
Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 AM   #7
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

There is one way to do it Lake. I will give you some pictures and instructions.
First you have to click on the number of replies. This will bring up a Who Posted? Pop Up. You can then click on number of posts next to your usrename and it will show you all your posts in that thread. (you can do this with other members. For example in my picture I could click on the number of Posts Sydney88 has and it would take me to all of her posts in that thread) Here is a picture of what I am saying. If you need me to explain more ask.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 03-31-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
Falling for
Webkinz :)

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by ClaraZ25
There is one way to do it Lake. I will give you some pictures and instructions.
First you have to click on the number of replies. This will bring up a Who Posted? Pop Up. You can then click on number of posts next to your usrename and it will show you all your posts in that thread. (you can do this with other members. For example in my picture I could click on the number of Posts Sydney88 has and it would take me to all of her posts in that thread) Here is a picture of what I am saying. If you need me to explain more ask.
Thank you for this information Clara!! And thanks to Lake for bringing this subject up. Sometimes I gets so frustrated trying to find a post on a really large thread! I'm going to go try this out.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

View Post Originally Posted by GrandBlancGirls
Thank you for this information Clara!! And thanks to Lake for bringing this subject up. Sometimes I gets so frustrated trying to find a post on a really large thread! I'm going to go try this out.
I agree It can often be a pain to find that one post in a very large thread. I find that the method I posted helps a bit. It is more helpful when you have only posted on that thread a few times but it doesn't really help if you post a lot on that thread but it is better than nothing.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Great thread Lake!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Closed