Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #11
ishin I was a gifted
Webkinz :)

eeclipse will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 
Default Re: New In Memory of Bars?

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
'In Memory Of' with a lion was for Philip, who was a child you had cancer and WI supported him and his family. However, while I'm really sorry your mother died , having these bars for everyone would be rather space-wasting and would also make the forum a sadder place to be. If you would like to remember someone in your posts, consider using an avvie or siggie to commemorate them.
Thank you for the information - I often saw & wondered what the bar represented.
eeclipse is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #12
uvs his wife andDD/S

CanesFan knows the way
CanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the wayCanesFan knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
'In Memory Of' with a lion was for Philip, who was a child you had cancer and WI supported him and his family. However, while I'm really sorry your mother died , having these bars for everyone would be rather space-wasting and would also make the forum a sadder place to be. If you would like to remember someone in your posts, consider using an avvie or siggie to commemorate them.
May I ask how it would be space-wasting? I don't think it would be a sadder place at all.

I love this idea, MD!
CanesFan is offline Male
Old 04-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

The In Memory badge is currently retired.
The best place to honour a loved one's memory on WI is in your signature.
More information can be found here:
Webkinz Insider Forum - FAQ: Users, Symbols, Stars, WI Bucks
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 04-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #14
The GTS Works!
Webkinz :)

MamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond reputeMamaDragon3 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with CanesFan and ask how this would be space wasting?

Also, there seems to be the idea that having a new bar would somehow take away from the memory of Philip and those that donated to his cause. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE THE EXACT SAME BAR.
By suggesting this I in no way meant to set aside his memory or lessen the specialness of the bar to those who have it. Philip's bar could continue to be special--the only one like it, and a different animal or something could be added instead of the lion.

Adding "In Memory" bars would not make the forum a sadder place. In fact, I think it would be a great opportunity to celebrate the lives of those who have touched ours (whether human or animal), just as Philip did for those of you who were lucky enough to know him.

Let's also not forget that it would be another way to raise money for WI, which I'm sure is never a bad thing.
MamaDragon3 is offline Female
Old 04-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

It would not be space-wasting, no.

It would not make the forum sadder.

It would not take away from the bar in Memory of Philip, that is a separate thing, now retired. Note that WI did not make a profit from that particular bar, it was a fund-raiser FOR Philip.

You are suggesting a Bar which you would purchase from WI, and which you could customise to honour your loved one. My deepest sympathies about the loss of your mother, by the way. That is a terrible loss from which one never really recovers. I know this.

Incidentally, there is already a bar for people who donate to WI, several of them in fact. See the link in my previous post above.

I will bring your suggestion to Justin's attention.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hurricanes