Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Proud Jesus Freak!
Webkinz :)

HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!

Default New Members Deserve Warm Welcomes

Hi everyone. I'm here to talk about new members.
People usually hang out with their friends. That's fine and great, but their are new members on here. Didn't it feel great when you were new to get welcomes and help? Well, you should extend that same warm welcome to someone else.
Try and talk to the new members. Send them a VM welcoming them to the site. Have a race with a friend to see who can get the most posts in the "Hi I'm Joe and I LOVE My Webkinz" section, or who can get the most Vm's on new member's profiles. It made you happy when you were welcomed- go make someone else happy.
Another topic I'd like to touch on is 'Copy and Paste.' I've heard some people copy and paste their welcome messages. I think this isn't fair to the new member. If you were new, would you like a quick "Copy and Paste" messsage that could be posted anywhere, or a customized message? Probably customized. So don't do it to other people.
Thanks for reading my speech on new members. Hopefully, I'll be seeing a lot of you in the "Hi, I'm Joe, and I LOVE My Webkinz" section. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
roverbono on

dizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to beholddizzyfish101 is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: New Members Deserve Warm Welcomes

Aw, that's so sweet of you! I agree.

But I think they can have a "Copy and Paste" one, just if they include a personal message : )

- Ciara

And I LOVE the race idea! Maybe you & I should have a race later
dizzyfish101 is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #3
Proud Jesus Freak!

HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!

Thanks! Keep posting your comments everyone!
Old 04-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #4

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Fantastic reminder my friend!!!

Oh and Rep btw. xD

I completely agree, even the simplest welcome can mean so much to a new member, it meant a lot to me. And I think it's nice when people don't copy and paste, that way it's more personal in a way, because it'd be different reply for different members! But some copy and pastes make things a bit easier, say if someone put a bunch of links to helpful places on this site, that's good too, but it's nice if the include a new reply to that certain member. And it's always great to welcome them via VM too, it's really nice.

Thanks for this thread! *five stars*
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 04-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
Hiya WI!
Gifted

xoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond reputexoxomemexoxo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree! Every once in a while, I go say hello to a new member. It meant a ton to me when I first joined to get one. Actually, I was totally confused when I first joined! It kept telling me to post in the Hi my name is joe place, but I could not find it! And then I click on the "Click on my GE" and it said i was trying to edit a post! A little nudge in the right direction can be a ton of help to a new member!
xoxomemexoxo is offline Female
Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
Proud Jesus Freak!

Thanks for the comments guys!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

I agree, once again! At first, when I was still new, I didn't really understand this, and copied and pasted. But now, I get it, and try to make it different everytime. Almost like when you contact Ganz, you get the same message over and over again, not really personalized. It makes you feel disheartened and such.

I've noticed some members who have just joined, and nobody's offered to become friends with them or visited their profile page. This is just plain rude. You should put yourself in their shoes, and see how delighted they'll be in the end. At least try to drop by, and say hello to a new person everyonce in awhile. You just may be making somebody's day happier, or life easier. Have a perfect night!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Closed