Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Default Re: New Members.

Exactly, thanks guys.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
Hey guys.
I don't know why, but I've seen quite a bit of rudeness to Newer Members. I know there are a lot of members who welcome them into the conversation, but there are some who don't. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I sure have. Take the Chat Thread for instance, I always see new members coming. And when they say Hello only a couple of people will bother to welcome them, and the rest will just ignore them and go on with it.

I find this a bit rude. Just because they're new, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with respect. And this also makes me think of how members are treated according their posts. There might be a lonely and friendly member out there with only 45 posts, meanwhile members with 45,000 posts are getting noticed and are having everyone talking to them. That's not right. Posts. Don't. Matter.

I wish this obsession would stop. :/
Well, that's all I wanted to say.
Thanks.

- Candice
Rep! Someone with 40 posts can go to the DCT say "Hey everybody! " and then all they get is a "Hi." If someone with 6000 posts goes to the DCT this happens: *Person with 6000 posts says* "Hi everybody!" and every body replies.

View Post Originally Posted by bawtneez
I wish my posts wouldn't count or something.
Everyone's, for that matter.
I agree. I could really do without the system showing your post count.

Last edited by lizzyxwebkinz; 03-27-2009 at 05:55 PM..
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
me is bored xD
Gifted

januarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonderjanuarywebkinz wows us all with wonder

I always greet everyone And you know that flower xD
januarywebkinz is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
Call me Pat!
Gift Guru

ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell
ClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tellClaraZ25 has too much Rep to tell

Yes, just because new members don't know as much as other members this does not mean that you should exclude them. I always give them a rep saying Welcome to WI to get rid of thier grey box and if they ask a question or seem confused i try to help them on their way.
ClaraZ25 is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #15
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

Another thing is by rep. People rate eachother by rep boxes and kiss other people's bottoms to get it, and then ignore people with a smaller amount of rep boxes.

Good thread Candice.
Jake is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #16
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

On the DCT, there are a lot of people online at one time.
Even a member with a billion post could be missed in that huge place!
So I don't think it's very fair to say that people ignore new members. Or anyone, for that matter. I mean, is anyone going to read through the three or four pages that can pop up in a minute? and then miss out on the next three or four pages? and answer every last one, no less.

Just my two cents.
xD

Desiree
luckypenny is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 06:36 PM   #17
Webkinz :)

turtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clownturtlegurl is cool as a bunny clown

I agree but disagree on ONE THING. Maybe, they didnt see the new members post. REP
turtlegurl is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #18
Mistihoward
Gift Guru

Mom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to beholdMom2many is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

I agree completely. I know that alot of people have their pages set to 40 posts per page when they chat. Sometimes a newbies post might be missed but it doesn't happen ALL the time. I have seen 2 people in there late at night chatting with it not going to fast then new people come in and try to chat and they are completely ignored. I thinks its unfair that older members think they are better because they have been here longer. I have tried chatting in the OM DCT and I get completely ignored everytime. Not even a hi or welcome to the DCT. Thanks for bringing this up.
Mom2many is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
Hey guys.
I don't know why, but I've seen quite a bit of rudeness to Newer Members. I know there are a lot of members who welcome them into the conversation, but there are some who don't. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I sure have. Take the Chat Thread for instance, I always see new members coming. And when they say Hello only a couple of people will bother to welcome them, and the rest will just ignore them and go on with it.

I find this a bit rude. Just because they're new, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with respect. And this also makes me think of how members are treated according their posts. There might be a lonely and friendly member out there with only 45 posts, meanwhile members with 45,000 posts are getting noticed and are having everyone talking to them. That's not right. Posts. Don't. Matter.

I wish this obsession would stop. :/
Well, that's all I wanted to say.
Thanks.

- Candice
I agree! I try to welcome the newer members whenever I can.

For the Chat Thread thing, I don't really like it's that way. I have noticed that I too ( Even with rainbows and being a gift guru ) don't get noticed. And that is when I have only posted once. With the DCT/GEDCT being so big and fast, one hello may get lost. But when I keep posting, even if it seems like no one is responding, I get noticed eventually into the group more. So, my conclusion is that, yes, some of the new members are ignored on the DCT/GEDCT but I think most of the time it's that most are not ignored, just not seen right away. And the people who visit the DCT more often, are noticed right away because they have noticed them before...

And yes, we should be fair to everyone.
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #20
So glad I'm
Gifted

muzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond reputemuzicfreak has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with ouy pop tart but sometimes if your talking about DCT things often ge missed becuase in the time you type your post 8 more are on the thread
muzicfreak is offline Female
Closed