Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Default New Members.

Hey guys.
I don't know why, but I've seen quite a bit of rudeness to Newer Members. I know there are a lot of members who welcome them into the conversation, but there are some who don't. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I sure have. Take the Chat Thread for instance, I always see new members coming. And when they say Hello only a couple of people will bother to welcome them, and the rest will just ignore them and go on with it.

I find this a bit rude. Just because they're new, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with respect. And this also makes me think of how members are treated according their posts. There might be a lonely and friendly member out there with only 45 posts, meanwhile members with 45,000 posts are getting noticed and are having everyone talking to them. That's not right. Posts. Don't. Matter.

I wish this obsession would stop. :/
Well, that's all I wanted to say.
Thanks.

- Candice
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: New Members.

I totally agree!

When I was newer some members would call me rude and ignore anything I said.
Rep!
dandogkinie is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
hat Remains.

MysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with graceMysticMist wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Sometimes it just takes time and patience to get welcomed on a busy thread...I have been there in that place, sometimes waiting 5 pages on the OM for a "Hi Mystic!"...

still, it is very important to remember to treat them with respect as you would to a staff member...

the golden rule
MysticMist is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
Soccer

sabie11 has a spectacular aura about

I agree with you so much!
Rep!
sabie11 is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Thanks guys. (:
And Mystic, I agree with the whole busy thread thing 100%. Although, I know for a fact a lot of people see their posts, but they'll just skim over it. And that's not very polite. [:
Old 03-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
Don't mess with us

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by [xo] Pop-Tart
Hey guys.
I don't know why, but I've seen quite a bit of rudeness to Newer Members. I know there are a lot of members who welcome them into the conversation, but there are some who don't. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but I sure have. Take the Chat Thread for instance, I always see new members coming. And when they say Hello only a couple of people will bother to welcome them, and the rest will just ignore them and go on with it.

I find this a bit rude. Just because they're new, it doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with respect. And this also makes me think of how members are treated according their posts. There might be a lonely and friendly member out there with only 45 posts, meanwhile members with 45,000 posts are getting noticed and are having everyone talking to them. That's not right. Posts. Don't. Matter.

I wish this obsession would stop. :/
Well, that's all I wanted to say.
Thanks.

- Candice

I agree. Just because members call themselves “popular” or another member, “popular”, that doesn’t mean you should ignore the other members--including the “newbies”. :]

--oon23
oon23 is offline Female
Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Yup!
As my teacher says, the real definition is somebody who is really friendly and everyone likes them for themselves. To be honest, I think some of the members here are admired for their posts.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
Gifted
bawtneez is a forum hero
bawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum herobawtneez is a forum hero

Donation Award 

I wish my posts wouldn't count or something.
Everyone's, for that matter.
bawtneez is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #9
Banned
bob nws III is sweet stuff
bob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuffbob nws III is sweet stuff

thanks for bringing this up

it reallly annoys me to watch a newer member make a thread, post, etc, that is very strong, and then watch people skip over it just because that person is not known around the forum, of perhapse you think because they are new, their points will not be as good. in reality, everyone has something to contribute, and just because you only have 20 post does not mean your idea will not be as good as that from a member with 5000 post. just remember, people should not be judged on rep, post, titles, badges, etc. a lil kinz may be able to answer a question a GG cannot

rep to you!
bob nws III is offline Male
Old 03-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #10
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪

MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence
MissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellenceMissSparkle is the epitome of excellence

A lot of people welcomed me when I was new here. Some didn't. I agree, it's very rude to just read the post and ignore it. You can say a "Welcome" or something. Lil' kinz are just as good as GGs. Everyone should be treated equal.
MissSparkle is offline Female
Closed