Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #11
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Default Re: Top Friends

I think that only the user, admins, and mods would be able to see the top six, so feelings wouldn't get hurt.

Very clever, members would be able to view the people they talk to and get to their profile faster that way!
badena2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #12
ilovebeckymost♥

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by badena2
I think that only the user, admins, and mods would be able to see the top six, so feelings wouldn't get hurt.

Very clever, members would be able to view the people they talk to and get to their profile faster that way!
Yes, that way all will be fair.
TheLovelyLife is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 PM   #13
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

I really don't think that would appropriate for a site such as this one. I am sorry but with the large age range of members on this site, feelings WOULD get hurt and not everyone would be mature enough to handle this. Let's leave that to social networking sites and keep WI profiles as they are.

View Post Originally Posted by badena2

Now this is totally different. It wouldn't be "top friends" then but simply a small list of the people you talk to the most and want easy access to their profiles. If only you and staff could view it---then I see that as a wonderful tool. It's like the photo album titles "Profile" that only you can view. This way, the list would be a TOOL and not a competition. I know that was your intention in the first place..but how badena puts it, it would be much more apt to happen.

Last edited by LilyRose; 05-30-2009 at 02:27 PM..
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #14
no

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

View Post Originally Posted by LilyRose
Now this is totally different. It wouldn't be "top friends" then but simply a small list of the people you talk to the most and want easy access to their profiles. If only you and staff could view it---then I see that as a wonderful tool. It's like the photo album titles "Profile" that only you can view. This way, the list would be a TOOL and not a competition.
Yes, my point is one that would be more of people who you talk to, and can acess their page. Thanks!
badena2 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
ilovebeckymost♥

TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!TheLovelyLife is headed for the top!

I was trying to get to something like that, and badena2 explained it more throughly than I did.
I thought that only the members who were in the top friends, staff and the user could see it, that way feelings wouldn't get hurt.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #16
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

You shouldn't really be calling it "Top Friends" then. You should be referring to it as tool to view our most contacted friends or something like that.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #17
Make a wish to the
Gift Guru

webkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talentwebkinzluver321 has lots of talent

Great idea! I do like this feature, so people can see who my closest Twi-BFFLs are.
But the concept of hurt feelings can be a problem ..... like if you chat with someone often, but don't really consider them a "close friend," their feelings might get hurt - but if you just meet someone at the DCT and ask to become friends, they shouldn't feel jealous - they have no reason too.
Hopefully everyone would be able to work it out though, because I really do like this feature.
Rep for you!
~♥~ Catherine ~♥~
webkinzluver321 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #18
ilovebeckymost♥

Default Re: New and Improved Most-chatted-with friends

I changed the title, to refer to it differently.
All these comments are truely appreciated!
(:
Old 05-30-2009, 03:54 PM   #19
Gift Guru

Default Re: New and Improved Most-chatted-with friends button

Yes, the title is better but your first post still refers to it as top friends and makes it come across as not what you are now intending it to be.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #20
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

Default Re: New and Improved Most-chatted-with friends button

Click the image to open in full size.

here's what the customize page would look like!
000000005 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
paco the taco!