Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #21
ill miss you all!
Banned
andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!

Default Re: New Gifted Members

Great! PM me when you get accepted!
andrewhoya is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #22
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

View Post Originally Posted by andrewhoya
Thank you! Hope you become gifted soon! Just keep trying!
Thank you for your support. Its nice to know that Gift Gurus care about the GT's and the future ones
Old 11-23-2008, 11:16 PM   #23
hy thank you! I'm a
Gift Guru

Polarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledgePolarity flows towards the sea of knowledge

Oh, that's right, Andrew is a Gift Guru now...LOL...I forgot.

I actually love this idea...I think it would have helped me get my thread up faster, instead of having certain people whom I shall not name bug me until I did.

I was actually thinking of something like this recently, but not quite like this...could it be that we think alike? LOL

I also agree with what someone else said, it would be a lot to manage...moving the threads, etc.
Polarity is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #24
MysticRDS
Webkinz :)

MysticRDS is on a distinguished road

I am not gifted, but I have read enough to understand what you are saying. I think it is a good idea, any extra help a newbie can get is good
Heather
MysticRDS is offline Female
Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #25
Gift Guru

bskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond reputebskrmom has a reputation beyond repute

i love meeting the newly gifted. it is hard to tell sometimes who is new and who isnt.

---------- bskrmom added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Wolf814
Thank you for your support. Its nice to know that Gift Gurus care about the GT's and the future ones
yes there is a huge batch of guru's who are always willing to lend a helping hand, moral support etc...

Last edited by bskrmom; 11-23-2008 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bskrmom is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #26
hat? me? really?
Gifted

Peacock Noodle is a name known to allPeacock Noodle is a name known to allPeacock Noodle is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by glammerz
I think thats a neat idea.. it would definitely make the transition from the TS to the BIG GE a little less scary. Would be a LOT for someone to keep track of though! ;P
View Post Originally Posted by bskrmom
i love meeting the newly gifted. it is hard to tell sometimes who is new and who isnt.

---------- bskrmom added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

yes there is a huge batch of guru's who are always willing to lend a helping hand, moral support etc...
I hate to be the devil's advocate...please do not revoke my GT status....
But right now there is so much to keep up with, between my four WW accounts, threads here on WI and also my GE, I feel like I would be overwhelmed getting all sorts of advice coming my way on another thread I would have to check. My Gift Coach has been wonderful, and her coaching is helpful because it is centralized. Also, I think (correct me if I am wrong on this) GGs can always PM us to give us advice, support, complaints. I am not sure I would want all that on a public thread.

Again, just my two cents. I am sure once I graduate from the GTS I may not see it the same way.

Peacock Noodle
Peacock Noodle is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 AM   #27
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

I agree with Peacock Noodle. It's scary enough becoming Gifted without being posted up for all to see. When (if ever) I open my GE, I have a choice of advertising my "new" status, or not, in my GE title. If I make obvious bloopers, I'm sure that lots of advice will come from all directions. And I can always PM my coach or another guru for advice.

And what would you do with all the slow-pokes like me who live in permanent GE construction, and spend their days trolling other GE's? I've been Gifted for weeks (oops, months?) now. No GE yet!
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 12:23 AM   #28
I always knew I was
Gifted

Ribbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud ofRibbitsqueak has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Peacock Noodle
I hate to be the devil's advocate...please do not revoke my GT status....
But right now there is so much to keep up with, between my four WW accounts, threads here on WI and also my GE, I feel like I would be overwhelmed getting all sorts of advice coming my way on another thread I would have to check. My Gift Coach has been wonderful, and her coaching is helpful because it is centralized. Also, I think (correct me if I am wrong on this) GGs can always PM us to give us advice, support, complaints. I am not sure I would want all that on a public thread.

Again, just my two cents. I am sure once I graduate from the GTS I may not see it the same way.

Peacock Noodle
Playing the devil's advocate with Peacock Noodle as a GT, when moving up to the GE I might also feel overwhelmed and would feel a bit apprehensive that some people might use the list as a "fresh meat" type of thing. In other words pouncing on the new people to get their best stuff right away. Maybe I just look too much into the worst part of human nature sometimes.
Ribbitsqueak is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 01:43 AM   #29
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I mentioned a similar idea to MommaB once + if I recall correctly (can't remember exactly what she said), she was worried along the same lines as I see posted here ... she didn't want to have new members get overwhelmed with trade requests. Additionally, in terms of offering help + answering any questions, she felt that the ability to create threads in the main GE area about such things as "Is this type of trade fair?", "Is this allowed", etc. would serve the same purpose in addition to the fact that mods + GCs can also be PM-d.
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 11-24-2008, 02:07 AM   #30
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

I think the whole idea behind the gift trainee experience was that you would be getting your advice from someone who has been hand-chosen as one of the best to train you. When I was gifted I found it to be a scary place with a TON of people willing to offer me advice, which in the end I discovered from a gift coach was NOT true in many cases. Sometimes advice, though well meaning, can be more destructive than constructive....
BUT the idea of a welcome thread similar to the Hi Joe thread for incoming NEWLY Gifted IS a good idea. If you wanted to include links you had that you found to be helpful, by all means. It may not be such a bad idea
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed