Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #81
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
I don't get why someone would hate someone who viewed but didn't post.
Take, for example, my house thread. I have 239 replies, but 10 376 views.
Do I hate those other 10 000 people for not posting? No. Why should I? They viewed it, at the very least.
If I see someone viewing it, it wouldn't matter to me if they posted or not- at least they took the time to see it. Is that not the point of a thread? To express your views and share information?
The amount of comments are irrelevant. They could be spam, rude or pointless.
But when you take into consideration views, someone took a look at your idea, and you accomplished your original goal. What does it matter if they didn't post? They might not have anything to say. Everyone has done that before. I have a feeling that those who say people would hate it if someone viewed but didn't post, are the ones who would hate that themselves.

I'm fine. If I had no posts but the same amount of views, I'd be content. I want people to see what I have to say. Whether they comment is up to them, and there's no reason to think less of them if they don't comment. It's not a rule. So there's no reason to stress, but it could be appreciated by others to see that someone is viewing.

Also, if you're singled out somewhere besides a DCT or club, it's probably irrelevant to the topic and could be considered as spam, and could be reported.
I have strong feelings about this feature as well, so jellydonut I will continue to debate for you.
Maybe you might not hate it but others would oo
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #82
Webkinz :)

jennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talentjennymang has lots of talent

I noticed this feature when I got onto WI. I agree, thanks Justin!
I love it, you can actually see if your friend is on the thread, instead of going onto their profile and looking.
Thanks again! Happy new years!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #83
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
yeah
i understand more people are smarter than to do that
but you need to consider others.

like i said.
does every single person on WI follow the rules? does everyone be as kind as they should?
like the staff probably said 290348 times, there are so many different people on this site.

little kids, adults, teens...
there are people who don't know better
people who are sensitive.
while you may know better. while many may know better

many do not.
i've seen it happen before.

"WHY do people view MY thread but not post!! "

people like above will know who is viewing and not posting, so might be rude to that person.

like i said, most know better, but there are so many different people you just don't know.
This will probably sounds offensive/rude etc.
But those kind of people, I feel they need to get a reality check. Views are as important as posts, even more so as I stated as in one of my last posts.
Yes, comments ARE important, and are vital. But it's the release of information you want to consider. Not to mention if your post isn't informative or relevant, you're less likely to get any comments at all.
The same way the rating system can't define a thread is the same reason comments can't define it either. But the views are there. The 10 000 views I had? 10 000 people saw my house thread. 10 000. That's insane for me. The comments wouldn't matter- they're just compliments and whatnot, but I care more about showing my rooms. The people who complain about not getting posts? Those people who do that are irrelevant to me. This new feature honestly doesn't have relevance to that- just to single out a person for posting. They can't force a person to post- and if they do, they need a reality check.

I like this feature because it gives me a better idea of WHO is viewing my thread. The same way you light up when you see this well-known member post can be achieved when you simply notice them viewing. I mean, when a hugely known designer would comment on my house thread (such as valleygram) it makes me all excited, since, you know, they're so well known, their thread is so popular etc. And here they are- commenting on your thread. If I know that those people are even just viewing my thread again, it means a lot. I see that they notice, and they want to see my rooms. Without this system I wouldn't know who visited and who didn't, but now I can find out- whether it be a Lil' Kinz or Mod. If I see them viewing it, I could still go thank them. Even if they just view, and nothing else.

View Post Originally Posted by GoldenPuppy
Maybe you might not hate it but others would oo
Would you hate it?

Some people hate the rating system. Others don't.
Some people hate the trading limitations/information limitations. Other's don't.
Some people hated the Cheeky Christmas Contest. Other's don't.
Some people hate the PM 5-people limitation. Other's don't.

You can't please everyone. If you don't like it, there are things you can do about it.

Last edited by Amygirl8; 01-02-2012 at 12:29 AM..
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #84
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Thanks all for posting your opinions politely.
Webberlily is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hehmommy40 is stalking.., jellydonut!, jesus loves you!, lol first tag, no thank you, pookie rawks!, thx justin!, ~*jennymang*~