Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #71
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

And cbjhockey, you mean shouldn't
I mean, we don't want the mods going around telling us that we should be bad xDD
jellydonut is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #72
Call me Submerged
Webkinz :)

Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams
Coolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreamsCoolgirl27965 has never-fading dreams

Cool. Thanks Justin
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #73
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

I hope most people like it so we can keep it
Old 01-01-2012, 11:51 PM   #74
you're beautiful ✌
Gifted

Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl
Craftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owlCraftyreader is a wise owl

Oh, thank goodness! I thought I was going crazy when I saw that & didn't recgonize it, haha. I was going to post a thread and ask how long it'd been there. This will really help on like, DCTs, when some people left without saying goodbye and we aren't sure if they're still there or not.

I don't see how it's an invasion of privacy. I mean, if you're on a thread, you're probably going to post anyway, and people will know you're posting. I think it's just creepy when people 'stalk' active threads without anyone knowing there there anyway.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 01-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #75
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by cbjhockey
I guess I don't see what the big deal is, just another feature to have.

We already have a post count. If you saw the number go up to a 100 views but only had 6 responses how is that really any different than seeing there are 100 names at the bottom looking but only end up with 6 posts.

You should never change how you are behaving just because you see us somewhere. My hope would be that you all can be normal around me and post as usual. If you are doing what you are supposed to do to start with that would be the case.

I don't think this is the case. Believe me, if i want people to know I am somewhere, I can make it far more obvious than having my name listed at the bottom of a thread. Plus seriously, you should not be being bad on WI to begin with. Then there is no need to be concerned about where mods are or aren't.
It's different for a fact that the view on the general thread is anonymous, and the bottom of the thread isn't.

And the OP would probably hate the people who didn't post, but are viewing the thread.

So it'll be better if it was anonymous.

That probably didn't make any sense but whatever lol

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
people like to single others out. believe me
& seriously, yeah the rules are supposed to be followed, but there are people who don't, no matter how many times you delete their posts, ban them, or anything.
I think I've agreed with you on every post you made on here omg
Old 01-01-2012, 11:53 PM   #76
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
Oh, thank goodness! I thought I was going crazy when I saw that & didn't recgonize it, haha. I was going to post a thread and ask how long it'd been there. This will really help on like, DCTs, when some people left without saying goodbye and we aren't sure if they're still there or not.

I don't see how it's an invasion of privacy. I mean, if you're on a thread, you're probably going to post anyway, and people will know you're posting. I think it's just creepy when people 'stalk' active threads without anyone knowing there there anyway.
Yeah
Well, I think I'm done arguing
g'night
Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #77
Gifted

Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

View Post Originally Posted by GoldenPuppy
Yeah

They should just make it available for chat threads and clubs.

I don't like people to know when I'm on their thread, and I don't post at all.
I think that would be a good idea
Jenny is offline Female
Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #78
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I don't get why someone would hate someone who viewed but didn't post.
Take, for example, my house thread. I have 239 replies, but 10 376 views.
Do I hate those other 10 000 people for not posting? No. Why should I? They viewed it, at the very least.
If I see someone viewing it, it wouldn't matter to me if they posted or not- at least they took the time to see it. Is that not the point of a thread? To express your views and share information?
The amount of comments are irrelevant. They could be spam, rude or pointless.
But when you take into consideration views, someone took a look at your idea, and you accomplished your original goal. What does it matter if they didn't post? They might not have anything to say. Everyone has done that before. I have a feeling that those who say people would hate it if someone viewed but didn't post, are the ones who would hate that themselves.

I'm fine. If I had no posts but the same amount of views, I'd be content. I want people to see what I have to say. Whether they comment is up to them, and there's no reason to think less of them if they don't comment. It's not a rule. So there's no reason to stress, but it could be appreciated by others to see that someone is viewing.

Also, if you're singled out somewhere besides a DCT or club, it's probably irrelevant to the topic and could be considered as spam, and could be reported.
I have strong feelings about this feature as well, so jellydonut I will continue to debate for you.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 01-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #79
arriors and a Fox
Webkinz :)

KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!
KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!

I was a bit creeped out when I first saw it there but actually it's pretty cool!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #80
Gifted

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

yeah
i understand more people are smarter than to do that
but you need to consider others.

like i said.
does every single person on WI follow the rules? does everyone be as kind as they should?
like the staff probably said 290348 times, there are so many different people on this site.

little kids, adults, teens...
there are people who don't know better
people who are sensitive.
while you may know better. while many may know better

many do not.
i've seen it happen before.

"WHY do people view MY thread but not post!! "

people like above will know who is viewing and not posting, so might be rude to that person.

like i said, most know better, but there are so many different people you just don't know.
Closed

Tags
hehmommy40 is stalking.., jellydonut!, jesus loves you!, lol first tag, no thank you, pookie rawks!, thx justin!, ~*jennymang*~