Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #21
Gifted
 
Quack Quack's Avatar

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

there are too many things to consider on both ends.

while its cool to see who is looking at your thread or ge or whatnot...

it might force everyone/ a lot more people into invisible because some people like looking at threads but they don't want to be named for whatever reason.

if one does stay online (^), it shows who is viewing a thread.
for example monkeecj was at the gedct just reading posts i guess
yet he was online so everyone there saw he was online
someone is bound to be creepy and say HI THERE!
(i did xD but i was proving the point of...) people might not want to be addressed while viewing a thread.

go invisible you say? its sometimes nice to see who is online... for mods/staff members especially because then you can PM them a question/problem. or if you want to see if your friends are online to talk, being online would be good.

also, i am sure everyone is aware that if one is online you can see what they are doing by going to their profile, which is the same. not really, because if you go on their profile, that's creepy because you are like... singling out one person to see what they are doing. this, everyone there is out there in the open, so you can find out easier, which is weird.
Quack Quack is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #22
Gift Guru
 
GoldenPuppy's Avatar

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
there are too many things to consider on both ends.

while its cool to see who is looking at your thread or ge or whatnot...

it might force everyone/ a lot more people into invisible because some people like looking at threads but they don't want to be named for whatever reason.

if one does stay online (^), it shows who is viewing a thread.
for example monkeecj was at the gedct just reading posts i guess
yet he was online so everyone there saw he was online
someone is bound to be creepy and say HI THERE!
(i did xD but i was proving the point of...) people might not want to be addressed while viewing a thread.

go invisible you say? its sometimes nice to see who is online... for mods/staff members especially because then you can PM them a question/problem. or if you want to see if your friends are online to talk, being online would be good.

also, i am sure everyone is aware that if one is online you can see what they are doing by going to their profile, which is the same. not really, because if you go on their profile, that's creepy because you are like... singling out one person to see what they are doing. this, everyone there is out there in the open, so you can find out easier, which is weird.
I agree with my sir
GoldenPuppy is offline
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #23
Gifted
 
Quack Quack's Avatar

Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness
Quack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicnessQuack Quack is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

oh and people might like. get all mad and annoyed that people are viewing their thread but not posting.
Quack Quack is offline
Old 01-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #24
Peaches luvd Wacky
Gift Guru
 
jasonaldeanmg's Avatar
jasonaldeanmg has disabled reputation

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
there are too many things to consider on both ends.

while its cool to see who is looking at your thread or ge or whatnot...

it might force everyone/ a lot more people into invisible because some people like looking at threads but they don't want to be named for whatever reason.

if one does stay online (^), it shows who is viewing a thread.
for example monkeecj was at the gedct just reading posts i guess
yet he was online so everyone there saw he was online
someone is bound to be creepy and say HI THERE!
(i did xD but i was proving the point of...) people might not want to be addressed while viewing a thread.

go invisible you say? its sometimes nice to see who is online... for mods/staff members especially because then you can PM them a question/problem. or if you want to see if your friends are online to talk, being online would be good.

also, i am sure everyone is aware that if one is online you can see what they are doing by going to their profile, which is the same. not really, because if you go on their profile, that's creepy because you are like... singling out one person to see what they are doing. this, everyone there is out there in the open, so you can find out easier, which is weird.
View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
oh and people might like. get all mad and annoyed that people are viewing their thread but not posting.
I agree with QQ.
I really don't think this is a good idea.
I am usally go on a thread, then read some posts think about what I what to post. Then I have to leave, sometimes for over an hour. Or I will go to another tab. So if I wasn't on invisible mode, people would think I am creeper just sitting on a thread. When I am not even on the computer.
jasonaldeanmg is offline Female
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #25
Camp NaNo WC: 12,023
Webkinz :)
 
dazzle6565's Avatar
dazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonderdazzle6565 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

I like it though because then you know when a mod is viewing a thread so you smarten up.
dazzle6565 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #26
Gifted
 
lilduckey99's Avatar
lilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

I guess it depends on how you look at it...I personally am not a fan, I don't really like the thought of people knowing I'm looking at a thread, so I guess invisible mode for me. But like someone said, for threads like the jellybean jar guessing thing, it's kind of helpful.
lilduckey99 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #27
Gifted
 
Jenny's Avatar
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up
Jenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed upJenny has been beamed up

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
oh and people might like. get all mad and annoyed that people are viewing their thread but not posting.
yep
apparently there are some people on here who find it rude for someone to view a thread and not post. So this might make people feel forced to post on a thread that they view to avoid someone getting upset with them. And for those people who don't like it when people view but don't post on their threads, they might see that someone is viewing their thread, but then find out that they didn't post, so they might confront that person about it (and i know that there are people on here who would do that, unfortunately)
I'm just glad that invisible mode is taken into account with this new feature
Jenny is offline Female
Old 01-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #28
Gifted
 
lilduckey99's Avatar
lilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clownlilduckey99 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

View Post Originally Posted by jasonaldeanmg
So if I wasn't on invisible mode, people would think I am creeper just sitting on a thread. When I am not even on the computer.
I agree, for people who multi-task on multiple tabs not invisible here, it'll seem like they're creeper.
lilduckey99 is offline Female
Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #29
I'm movin' on ♥
Webkinz :)
 
Desty's Avatar
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

I'm sort of not sure. It's like getting your training wheels suddenly taken off, having the lights suddenly turned on, or seeing your friends without their make up all at once...
I have to adjust to this. lol
Desty is offline Female
Old 01-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #30
Call me Savanah! (:
Webkinz :)
 
am708's Avatar
am708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roostam708 rules the roost

Default Re: New Feature Added! Thanks Justin!

View Post Originally Posted by Quack Quack
there are too many things to consider on both ends.

while its cool to see who is looking at your thread or ge or whatnot...

it might force everyone/ a lot more people into invisible because some people like looking at threads but they don't want to be named for whatever reason.

if one does stay online (^), it shows who is viewing a thread.
for example monkeecj was at the gedct just reading posts i guess
yet he was online so everyone there saw he was online
someone is bound to be creepy and say HI THERE!
(i did xD but i was proving the point of...) people might not want to be addressed while viewing a thread.

go invisible you say? its sometimes nice to see who is online... for mods/staff members especially because then you can PM them a question/problem. or if you want to see if your friends are online to talk, being online would be good.

also, i am sure everyone is aware that if one is online you can see what they are doing by going to their profile, which is the same. not really, because if you go on their profile, that's creepy because you are like... singling out one person to see what they are doing. this, everyone there is out there in the open, so you can find out easier, which is weird.
Agreed. This new feature can be helpful, but at the same time it can also be unhelpful. It depends on the situation.
am708 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
hehmommy40 is stalking.., jellydonut!, jesus loves you!, lol first tag, no thank you, pookie rawks!, thx justin!, ~*jennymang*~

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts