Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

Red face new cow has hole under her arm, FOREVER :(

oh no! our newly adopted cow, Milkey, has a HOLE underneath her arm. it's so clearly a defect but you cant trade pets. i dont know how i would repair it.
does anybody have a cow that they can look and give good advice? i'm afraid to use needle & thread bc of the material that they used is so holey. i dont want to make it worse.

son quite unhappy............

UPDATE: IF THIS HAPPENED TO YOU -- GANZ REP TOLD ME to take the cow back to the store. He said that I could return it to Ganz but it would take 8 weeks or so to get the replacement . He advised that the store should take it back, under these circumstances. I asked him what do I do about the tag. He said that I could keep it or the store could and it's individual store policy. I also explained that I doubt son would be happy with a new cow because this one's been adopted. He said that it was OK to try and stitch it myself and if it didn't work then to take it to the store. He also said that sometimes store clerks will secretly switch them, which would work for really young kids but my son can almost read so.....

Anyway, if this happened to you, now you know!

ANOTHER DAY:
So I took the cow back to the store. They said, "oh no, we aren't taking that. the tag is off! Webkinz are NO RETURN" I explained but its a defect, ganz said to return to the store. They said, "I have done that before and it never works out for us. Sorry, I cannot take that back." This is a store that I go and they know my name, spend too much $$ there.

All disgruntled, I call the other store that knows me. He said, "sure I'll take it back but i'll be sending it on your behalf so it will still take 8-10 weeks for you to get your replacement." He further explained that if a defective toy comes in from Ganz, they have only 48-hrs to report it (he said that most clothing items are 72-hrs). Since his last cow shipment was several weeks ago, he'd be out the $$ if he took it back.

GANZ needs to improve their customer service and/or prepare better merchandise!

Last edited by RedBear; 10-15-2007 at 03:52 PM..
RedBear is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #2

dogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: HELP! new cow has hole under her arm!

That is awful. I have had to sew up our black bear, polar bear, and black cat. The black bear has the "stringy" fur and it sewed up just fine. Since an exchange is out of the question you just have to do the best you can :0)
Old 10-07-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

aww redbear..you arent having a very good night are you? lol man, what is up with your poor defective cow?? well consider it as a character trait..its just extra special that way *S*

Last edited by mom2hnemi; 10-07-2007 at 12:20 AM..
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Old 10-07-2007, 12:18 AM   #4
mdnash
Gift Guru

Icicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to all

Aw, I don't know what to tell you. I would say try to0 sew it up the best you can. Maybe look up some different sewing methods, so you can find a hardly noticeable, and effective one to fix the hole.
Icicle is offline Male
Old 10-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

no not a good night at all. . poor milkey, i dont know if i can repair her but i guess i'll try. i dont know how! its so obvious that they neglected to attach part of the leg to the body. oh sigh......

hey now there's an idea... thanks icicle!

dogs: wow i didnt realize that it was so common. maybe i need to inspect pets more before i buy.

Last edited by RedBear; 10-07-2007 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2007, 12:21 AM   #6
mdnash
Gift Guru

Icicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to allIcicle is a name known to all

That really is quite bad. They did neglect that, and it's sad how GANZ makes so much, and still does that. But, it probably isn't their fault, I mean, they produce THOUSANDS of them, I am sure, a day.

Edit: No problem, glad to help. Sometimes, the simple sewing methods do not work, the under and out method for instance. Just google some things, and I am sure you wil find a tutorial.
Icicle is offline Male
Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

Try to sew it up the best you can or find some glue and glue it? I feel bad when I hear about a cow that is wounded. My lil cow is right here looking at me
Old 10-07-2007, 12:25 AM   #8
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

lol well how appropriate that Cows4U responded! i just hope when i try that i dont make it worse. he certainly cant sleep with Milkey until surgery.

an aside: my son knew that she HAD to be a girl bc here are no boy cows but i wonder if there are bow cows in WW.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #9
mdnash
Gift Guru

Wow! I just noticed you named your cow the same name my sister named hers. lol! How it ironic is that?
Icicle is offline Male
Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

LOL! everytime i look at her, i think of milk. i dont know why son wanted the extra "e" before the y. maybe bc i threw an extra "e" in HIS name after the y.
Closed