Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #21
Gifted
Rallymama is on a distinguished road

Default Re: New candel things...

Technically, they're not menorahs, they're hanukkiot. ;-)

I wonder if they'll light at some time approximating sunset for the user's timezone...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #22
Gifted

tupelohunny19 is a jewel in the roughtupelohunny19 is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by nikkihar520
They don't show up in my W-shop
Don't be sad......try looking under New Items in the W Shop. I hope they are still there. I bought mine yesterday and haven't checked today.
tupelohunny19 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2007, 09:09 AM   #23
Webkinz :)

Marla is a splendid one to beholdMarla is a splendid one to beholdMarla is a splendid one to beholdMarla is a splendid one to behold

Thank you everyone for your comments. I learned about something I knew very little about. I knew they light on each day of Hannaka. I too bought all three when i seen them yesterday. Waiting for christmas trees now. This is my first Christmas with Webkinz. Also what is Goo Goo Berry Festival? I seen it for coming days in the activities for each day somewhere.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #24
JESS1CA

I bought 3 of each
Old 11-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #25
Indydogma
Gift Guru

Indydog will become famous soon enough

I think it is incredibly cool that they are animated. If they actually show the correct number of candles, that will make them one of the coolest items designed by Ganz....other than the bubble blower.

I am not buying any though....well, maybe a couple for trade. I am not Jewish, so I don't think I should buy them for mere decorative purposes. I wouldn't do that in real life, so I won't in WW either.

I don't mean that to be judgemental. My faith is just an important part of my life, so I respect the traditions and faith of others. Hopefully this will teach lots of people at least a little about the Jewish faith.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:11 AM   #26
GrannySalty
Gift Guru

GrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: New candle things...

View Post Originally Posted by carlythemonkey1
They are called menorahs, not candle things, and they are lit every night during Hannukah, the Jewish holiday. one candle will light up for each of the eight nights of hanukah.
Very nice explanation carly!
I was just coming in here to say the same thing. While I celebrate Christmas my sister is Jewish and celebrates Hanukkah. I wanted everyone to know about both celebrations!! The menorah is an important part of the Jewish holiday.

By the way Hanukkah can also be spelt Chanukah both are correct.
GrannySalty is offline Female
Old 11-30-2007, 10:16 AM   #27
ebkinzgirl12

webkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the roughwebkinzgirl12 is a jewel in the rough

i am going to buy them and see if they work. BTW, anyone know when the christmas stuff comes out?
webkinzgirl12 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #28
Gifted

sweetkinz is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Indydog
I think it is incredibly cool that they are animated. If they actually show the correct number of candles, that will make them one of the coolest items designed by Ganz....other than the bubble blower.

I am not buying any though....well, maybe a couple for trade. I am not Jewish, so I don't think I should buy them for mere decorative purposes. I wouldn't do that in real life, so I won't in WW either.

I don't mean that to be judgemental. My faith is just an important part of my life, so I respect the traditions and faith of others. Hopefully this will teach lots of people at least a little about the Jewish faith.
It doesn't have to be a show of your faith to have something beautiful. I am an Agnostic and I bought one of each. I think candles are beautiful and peaceful when they are lit up. This season should be about peace, love and acceptance.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #29
eldon2

quellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond reputequellie has a reputation beyond repute

Great answers from all of you. I learned a lot.
And a big "thank you" to Ganz for the very clever idea.
quellie is offline Female
Old 11-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #30
Gifted

Kittygirl72 is just really niceKittygirl72 is just really nice

I bought all three!
Closed