Rare times in local KT. Place your mouse over times and items for time conversions and info.
Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Well, I have been coming to WI for about a month now. It is a great site and I have learned a lot. Here are somethings I have learned about WI that might help out the very new user.
1. PM means Private message
2. To become gifted and to be able to trade you need to be a member for 2 weeks and have at least 50 posts. However, the posts have to have meaning and/or be helpful to others. I have tried to become gifted and have not made it yet.
3. Play games. It is a great way to learn about Webkinz Pets and to get some free PSF which means Pet Special Food. Now I have PSF's from pets that I don't have.
4. Host a game once you get familiar with how it works. It is fun to come up with the questions and a good way to "pay back" for all the food items you won.
5. Read the different posts about areas in WI. For instance, I never knew you could win a trophy b4 I join WI. After following the tips on how to earn a CashCow Trophy I won 3 right away. Justin has also posted where to find the gems and help on completing your forest charms. These threads are very helpful.
6. go to a party and then host a party. I went to my first party tonight and it was a learning experience. First, you have to make sure you are friends with the Host. then go to your room. Make sure you turn on your phone and that you are in the right zone. Next wait for the invite and then accept and have fun.
7. There are several websites to help you with "moving" pictures. WWW.picture2life.com is one. also, there is a thread on here that shows you how to copy pictures, and one to show you how to make a snowglobe and another to help with moving pictures. What a great site!
8. always look at the Curioshop list to see what is on sale that day. You can plan your spending better.
Now some tips for WW.
1. Try not to log on at the top of the hour. Always wait till 2 or 3 minutes after. I found you have less problems getting on.
2. Have 2 accounts on Webkinz. You get to mine for gems 2x a day and get 2 gifts and many other advantages.
3. When buying charms or trading cards, buy in bulk and ask retailer for a discount. I bought all the charms at once and got a 25% discount.
4. On your second WW account you only need one charm to play. So I only have one, but get to look for charms at least 2x a day. You may get sap glop but mostly you get food items or t-shirts or even the occassional $100 kc.
Most of all, just read all the different posts and tip ideas. You will learn a lot and have so much more fun.
you have compiled a nice guide for the new users. you really took the time to think about all of the things that should be here and you implemented them well. i wish all newcomers to wi would take the time to read any of the tutorials that are on this site. it would help them so much on webkinz insider and in webkinz world. you have done a very nice job and you deserve a hand>>>claps <<< thanks
I just wanted to add another "tip" for new users. This is for getting gifted. I have tried getting gifted 3 x and have not made it. I just went back and reviewed my posts --- all 374+ of them. I found that I did a lot of contests in the beginning and added a lot of thank yous and good jobs to posts. However, I only 26 posts that help others plus 3 thread starters and 3 recipe helps for a total of 32 posts. From another thread, I read that they want 50 non-fluff posts. However, I do not believe mine are all fluff. I think what they want is 50 positive, helpful posts. So according to my count I need 18 more really good posts. It is hard because so many people are on this all the time and add so quickly. Many times I am slow to post something new. However, don't give up - just be sure to be helpful.
So therefore, my new tip is to add good posts by doing the following:
1. try recipes and add to recipe threads
2. answer other people's questions on posts
3. try to start a good thread or 2 or 3
4. start a good poll
5. answer polls ( I did at least 10 of these)
6. Stay positive - there are a lot of people trying to get gifted.
7. I also started a contest to show that I am honest and give the psf gifts guickly as promised. Hopefully this will help.
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.