Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 07:22 PM   #71
Did it!
Gift Guru

JBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guide

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
I've seen something else.

The rep boxes show who you can ask for help [if the rep was given for the correct reason, which is helping out.] But, on the other hand, a new member may be JUST as helpful as Jake or Lilypad or somebody....
Which is why the new member will begin to recieve rep and soon have as much rep as Jake or Lilypad.
JBONE92 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #72
I dance with my
Webkinz :)

pupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of lightpupso98 is a glorious beacon of light

I agree, but the stars make us proud and make ppl impressed but some irresponsible ppl treat the rainbow/spinny or even admin/mod/(of course)founders/GG differently.
pupso98 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #73
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by angelofharlem
I know you for one of the nicest people on here
you are the bestest best..
and I am honored to be your friend googles

hugs to you

Angel
Angel, you have to be the estest bestest BEST because you ALWAYS have tome for people. You're considerate, nice, sweet, funny, and you always have a compliment or an encouragement for soembody I really don't think WI would be WI without ya [And I mean that]
View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Angel you told me I was the Bestest Best How can both Googleboogles and I Be the Bestest Best... When you win that prize hands down. YOU Are the *Bestest Best* Take away the spinny, take away the Green title, take away the bars ...You will ALWAYS be our Angelofharlem
Like I said, without angel, WI just isn't.... the same.
View Post Originally Posted by ChihuahuaGrl16
I tried twice to become a Gift Trainee and was not accepted. I have decided that I do not need to be a GT, or Gift Guru in order to "be somebody" . I have decided to be who I am and people will make up their minds what they think of me! and you know what? I have A LOT of great friends and a lot of people like my threads that I start and the WI Magazine that I work on with Chuhulil and I also help run the Enviroment Club with Chuhulil and boovalicious! I'm happy with just what I am, and that's fine with me!

---------- ChihuahuaGrl16 added 0 Minutes and 35 Seconds later ----------

oh, and rep!
That's def. correct. And a magazine is a big job! I'll have to come check it out. Especially if people like it [and I know people do, even if it's only a few] that means you have some people that enjoy your work. And that, to me, makes you important because I've always been a big person on writing and RPing You'll get accepted soon enough in the GT program, don't worry. You're always so helpful and sweet to everyone
View Post Originally Posted by Geminicat21
I agree! And very well said too!

I gained my Rainbows on my birthday, November 28th and I joined on August 20 or 25th of 2007! That like a year and 3 months! But I am fine with that. And I took me a while to get me to GG status too. But what's better than gaining the status is feelings like I have earned it. I feel like almost all of those 5000 posts have effected someone.

But I earned them with respect from most members that have read my little comments and posts and trades. The newer members should get the same respect as I did.

You deserve and have truly earned rep for this wonderful post. Rep point to you.

---------- Geminicat21 added 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

Oh! And I have to add that:

If you are a new member and you think it won't matter if you aren't "a somebody", being a GG with rainbows isn't the answer. I have still had times where I practically talk to myself on the DCT, while the other posts swirl around me. So don't think that gaining that status is ultimate "somebody" because they are times where it's not. Just be yourself and take your time posting.
Yep, it took me a while too to gt my rainbows. I was excite,d because I <3 rainbows, but it wore off I now think it's unimportant, it just matters how nice you were or who you helped in your post
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #74
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I would definately still be apart of .

But I do like the stars because they make you feel better about your posts and it always makes you want to accomplish more. Just like rep points. You just feel better about yourself for getting that.

No one should be seperated in social groups because of Reps, Posts, Stars, or Avatars. Everyone should be treated equally. WI is a place to talk about Webkinz and to make friends!

My only advice to anyone is just be nice if you want friends! You don't need to prove anything!!! Just be yourself and i'm sure you'll get where you want to be. Never be afraid to be yourself. I'm open to anyone to be friends and i'm sure nearly EVERYONE here would love to have you as a friend.

Have an Edwardlicious day!
~flip
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #75
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

View Post Originally Posted by Geminicat21
I agree! And very well said too!

I gained my Rainbows on my birthday, November 28th and I joined on August 20 or 25th of 2007! That like a year and 3 months! But I am fine with that. And I took me a while to get me to GG status too. But what's better than gaining the status is feelings like I have earned it. I feel like almost all of those 5000 posts have effected someone.

But I earned them with respect from most members that have read my little comments and posts and trades. The newer members should get the same respect as I did.

You deserve and have truly earned rep for this wonderful post. Rep point to you.

---------- Geminicat21 added 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

Oh! And I have to add that:

If you are a new member and you think it won't matter if you aren't "a somebody", being a GG with rainbows isn't the answer. I have still had times where I practically talk to myself on the DCT, while the other posts swirl around me. So don't think that gaining that status is ultimate "somebody" because they are times where it's not. Just be yourself and take your time posting.
Thank you! Thats Great!
Great job!
Thank you!

---------- Googlesboogles added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by JBONE92
Which is why the new member will begin to recieve rep and soon have as much rep as Jake or Lilypad.
Exactly (:
View Post Originally Posted by pupso98
I agree, but the stars make us proud and make ppl impressed but some irresponsible ppl treat the rainbow/spinny or even admin/mod/(of course)founders/GG differently.
Yep!
View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
Angel, you have to be the estest bestest BEST because you ALWAYS have tome for people. You're considerate, nice, sweet, funny, and you always have a compliment or an encouragement for soembody I really don't think WI would be WI without ya [And I mean that]

Like I said, without angel, WI just isn't.... the same.

That's def. correct. And a magazine is a big job! I'll have to come check it out. Especially if people like it [and I know people do, even if it's only a few] that means you have some people that enjoy your work. And that, to me, makes you important because I've always been a big person on writing and RPing You'll get accepted soon enough in the GT program, don't worry. You're always so helpful and sweet to everyone

Yep, it took me a while too to gt my rainbows. I was excite,d because I <3 rainbows, but it wore off I now think it's unimportant, it just matters how nice you were or who you helped in your post
Angel makes WI a different and Better place
View Post Originally Posted by BackFlip15
I would definately still be apart of .

But I do like the stars because they make you feel better about your posts and it always makes you want to accomplish more. Just like rep points. You just feel better about yourself for getting that.

No one should be seperated in social groups because of Reps, Posts, Stars, or Avatars. Everyone should be treated equally. WI is a place to talk about Webkinz and to make friends!

My only advice to anyone is just be nice if you want friends! You don't need to prove anything!!! Just be yourself and i'm sure you'll get where you want to be. Never be afraid to be yourself. I'm open to anyone to be friends and i'm sure nearly EVERYONE here would love to have you as a friend.

Have an Edwardlicious day!
~flip
I think the same way
Thank you for taking your time to post here (:

Last edited by Googlesboogles; 01-21-2009 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 01-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #76
Don't mess with us
Webkinz :)

oon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to alloon23 is a name known to all

I agree, to many things are happening about "popularity" here on WI.

(REP)
oon23 is offline Female
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #77
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

View Post Originally Posted by oon23
I agree, to many things are happening about "popularity" here on WI.

(REP)
Yeah
Thank you for the reputation points.
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 01-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #78
Gift Guru

Jake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guideJake is a golden guide

I like how Gemini stated it...
You feel accomplished. You didn't cheat, and you worked hard to obtain your status. It took me over a year to become a GG, and over a year to get my (soon) Second Spinny, but that doesn't mean I am popular, and people shouldn't have to respect me more than a Lil' Kinz.

Wasn't two days ago Martin Luther King Day? He wanted everyone to be treated equally, and we should live by that rule.

Last edited by Jake; 01-21-2009 at 09:04 PM..
Jake is offline Male
Old 01-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #79
WhiteTerrierFan

I know what you mean, I never look at what kind of stars people have when I talk to them, it's not about posts. Anyone can have a lot of posts, but it doesn't mean they are helpful. Posts are just a number, they shouldn't determine popularity. Everyone is equal here, it isn't school where you have different groups. Rep boxes are just a sign that someone is helpful, and that's all. If people are going to talk to someone just because of them having a lot of posts, that's kind of mean, and they are missing out on what you could be an amazing friendship. After all, at one time we all had a grey rep box and only a few posts. REP to you for this great thread (:
Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #80
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Even if I don't have spinny stars or have a lot of rep boxes, people still talk to me! I also post on people's profile pages regardless of their stats. However, I do agree that some people "discriminate" against people who don't have many stars/rep boxes.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Closed