Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #41
Autism Awareness
Gift Guru
 
Teamplaya2's Avatar
Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!Teamplaya2 is headed for the top!

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

I agree. Some people do use those as classifictions. I do not think that is right. You would still be the same person with out those stars or those rep boxes.
Teamplaya2 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #42
you're not alone
Webkinz :)
 
minimaid's Avatar
minimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guideminimaid is a golden guide

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

I partyly agree.

I think it shoulden't matter but I don't think we should take them away.
minimaid is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #43
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru
 
gReTa's Avatar
gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

You're totally right. Rep!
gReTa is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #44
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru
 
Googlesboogles's Avatar
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

View Post Originally Posted by fuzzypenguin7
i read this on the dct. i think its very well said! rep!

---------- fuzzypenguin7 added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later ----------

sorry, i cant give you rep. it says i have to spread it around before giving it to you again. =/
Thank you! As I said, reputation points are not needed. I just wanted to share this.
View Post Originally Posted by 2222r
I agree. Do you kow I joined BEFORE you, and have about 1/7 of the posts YOU have?

---------- 2222r added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

Also, the people who feel bad about their stars should make them as their avvie.
I think I have an avatar of small gold stars i used to have, but that has passed, and I don't post for stars. (:
View Post Originally Posted by smvmonkey
Well maybe sometimes people talk to someone because they have lots of posts, but I think they're fun. Like, it's fun to see how many posts you've gotten, Giftz, and stuff, and it's fun earning them.
I agree, but I have seen it seperate people, it is fun to earn them, its a new "out fit" if i may. But after a day, it shouldn't matter about your posts anymore. That is my opnion. (:
View Post Originally Posted by webkingirl9819
I agree. When I joined, no one ever talked to me...No one!!!! But it seems as I go more posts, stars and rep boxes, more people talked to me...I don't really get how that should happen!!! People should treat people with respect No matter how many postz, rep boxes or stars that they have!!!
That is what I mean. You are a perfect example. Its because of the "Your new, and we don't talk to Lil kinz" attitude that is going around.
View Post Originally Posted by Maddiebear
I totally agree. I mean, let's compare me and SCB. He joined like a week before me, but he's one of WI's most well known members. I'm not that well known. Even though he's posted more, I'd still like him even if he was a lilkinz and he'd probably still like me.
The same goes for me as well. Will i still be friends with Milly and Darby with 50-60,000 post if they had 50-60 posts? Absoulutly! I am just tired of people seperating eachother. (:
View Post Originally Posted by -Miss-Webkinz-
I personally disagree with you. you may be correct, but i do not think that they're separating people! its simply showing who you could ask for help and who you could GIVE help to! and no, we shouldn't judge by peoples stars and stuff, so i agree with you partly. it only separates people is they allow that to happen JMHO
I understand. The reputation points wasnt really included in this.
To many people forece others to let that happen.
Thank you for posting (:

---------- Googlesboogles added 3 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Teamplaya2
I agree. Some people do use those as classifictions. I do not think that is right. You would still be the same person with out those stars or those rep boxes.
Exactly. Before the rep boxes came back, nobody knew that Dixiecup had up to a yellow bar of reputation. They just knew her for being helpful, not that yellow bared person. (:
View Post Originally Posted by minimaid
I partyly agree.

I think it shoulden't matter but I don't think we should take them away.
It should not matter, WI members should be nice enough to treat people equally.
Therefore, post count and stars wouldn't have to be taken away.
View Post Originally Posted by gReTa
You're totally right. Rep!
Thanks for reading (:

Last edited by Googlesboogles; 01-20-2009 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #45
Did it!
Gift Guru
 
JBONE92's Avatar
JBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guide

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

I agree, and disagree. The reason for the posts and stars and what not is to show people how much you contribute to this site and how dedicated you are to take hours typing posts on here. Lets say 2 members joined the same time. Now, one has 10,000 posts, and one has 100. Obviously the person with 10,000 posts is more dedictated to this site with the way they interact with other members and contribute there ideas. Im not saying they should be treated differently in ANY way, I am just saying people with more posts are usually more respected because they have contributed a lot to this site to make to help other members, which takes time, time that could be spent scanning through more threads, never posting. Just my opinion.

Jbone
JBONE92 is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #46
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru
 
Googlesboogles's Avatar
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

View Post Originally Posted by JBONE92
I agree, and disagree. The reason for the posts and stars and what not is to show people how much you contribute to this site and how dedicated you are to take hours typing posts on here. Lets say 2 members joined the same time. Now, one has 10,000 posts, and one has 100. Obviously the person with 10,000 posts is more dedictated to this site with the way they interact with other members and contribute there ideas. Im not saying they should be treated differently in ANY way, I am just saying people with more posts are usually more respected because they have contributed a lot to this site to make to help other members, which takes time, time that could be spent scanning through more threads, never posting. Just my opinion.

Jbone
I like your point.
Although, the person with 10,000 posts will be treated differently, as in more respected and more followed. Behind the computer screen we are all the same. It would be different if the President was a member, because we would treat him the best, unless he doesn't tell us that he is.
I think just because you post more, and are more addicted to this website should not effect your role on WI.
Thanks for posting (:
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #47
Did it!
Gift Guru
 
JBONE92's Avatar
JBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guideJBONE92 is a golden guide

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

View Post Originally Posted by Googlesboogles
I like your point.
Although, the person with 10,000 posts will be treated differently, as in more respected and more followed. Behind the computer screen we are all the same. It would be different if the President was a member, because we would treat him the best, unless he doesn't tell us that he is.
I think just because you post more, and are more addicted to this website should not effect your role on WI.
Thanks for posting (:
I completely agree with that.

Another reason why more posts brings more respect. As you post more, people start to know you better and open up to you to create a relationship. People who don't post have no chance of creating relationships with other members. See what I am saying?
JBONE92 is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #48
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru
 
Googlesboogles's Avatar
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

View Post Originally Posted by JBONE92
I completely agree with that.

Another reason why more posts brings more respect. As you post more, people start to know you better and open up to you to create a relationship. People who don't post have no chance of creating relationships with other members. See what I am saying?
Yes. But if that person that is more respected goes into the DCT (Pretend) and a New member came in, the member with more posts will get attention brought to, and people will just skip the new person. That is where it is unfair.
(:
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #49
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

I've seen something else.

The rep boxes show who you can ask for help [if the rep was given for the correct reason, which is helping out.] But, on the other hand, a new member may be JUST as helpful as Jake or Lilypad or somebody....
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #50
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru
 
Googlesboogles's Avatar
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
I've seen something else.

The rep boxes show who you can ask for help [if the rep was given for the correct reason, which is helping out.] But, on the other hand, a new member may be JUST as helpful as Jake or Lilypad or somebody....
Yep, and the people with more rep can be easily trusted more than a new member.
(:
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts