Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: My thoughts on Stars, Rainbows, Spinnys and Post Count.

I agree with you. Sometimes I see people on the DCT ignore people because they might be new or only have 200-300 posts. It doesn't matter at all! Wether you have 10 posts or 10,000 posts... what really matters is the person's personality. And I kind of agree how you said that people like GG's, Mods, and Admids are treated different by WI members because it is true in some cases. I guess some people might find someone with a "Green Name" or "Purple Name" more powerful than others. And Rep Boxes? Most of the time I barely even notice them And the stars really have nothing to do with the person's personality, it just indicates how many times they've posted. And I really hope that people don't judge each other by the WAY they post. I'm not the best speller And half the time I get off track while posting... And it doesn't matter if you post 2 sentances or 2 paragraphs everytime you post, sometimes it just takes more sentances to explain some things.

Rep to you for posting this! (:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #22
I'm a dancer!♥

hiphop772 will become famous soon enough

I agree! Although I love the stars and speeches, like you said, they shouldn't seperate members.
hiphop772 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #23
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Agreed. I think that more...'popular' people, known to WI get a lot of respect than someone that joined like a week ago and has learning to do. It shouldn't matter if you're a lil' kinz, or a Gift Guru, if you have 1 rep. box or 5,...if you have 60 posts and the next person has 3,000, (well I think you get my point) everybody should be respected equally, and everybody on this site has the same 'popularity' and rights.
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #24
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

View Post Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam
I agree with you. Sometimes I see people on the DCT ignore people because they might be new or only have 200-300 posts. It doesn't matter at all! Wether you have 10 posts or 10,000 posts... what really matters is the person's personality. And I kind of agree how you said that people like GG's, Mods, and Admids are treated different by WI members because it is true in some cases. I guess some people might find someone with a "Green Name" or "Purple Name" more powerful than others. And Rep Boxes? Most of the time I barely even notice them And the stars really have nothing to do with the person's personality, it just indicates how many times they've posted. And I really hope that people don't judge each other by the WAY they post. I'm not the best speller And half the time I get off track while posting... And it doesn't matter if you post 2 sentances or 2 paragraphs everytime you post, sometimes it just takes more sentances to explain some things.

Rep to you for posting this! (:
Although Mods and Admins. are more powerful, they do need a tad more respect. But the only advantage to being a GG is like 2 things. (I can not say because I will get in trouble). But they are not huge things that you should be honored for.
I agree with being judged by the way a person posts.
Like SCB said, "Quality, not Quantity"

You guys are driving me crazy with these reputation points, but I appreciate it.
(:

---------- Googlesboogles added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by hiphop772
I agree! Although I love the stars and speeches, like you said, they shouldn't seperate members.
Yep (:
View Post Originally Posted by Lyssa45
Agreed. I think that more...'popular' people, known to WI get a lot of respect than someone that joined like a week ago and has learning to do. It shouldn't matter if you're a lil' kinz, or a Gift Guru, if you have 1 rep. box or 5,...if you have 60 posts and the next person has 3,000, (well I think you get my point) everybody should be respected equally, and everybody on this site has the same 'popularity' and rights.
Everyone is a person (:

Last edited by Googlesboogles; 01-20-2009 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #25

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by lexi18216
I once was playing "Would You Rather" with a really nice member...my friend from a while back and she asked "Would you rather have 60,000 posts that are spam, or 200 posts that are nice and helpful?" I replied to her "200 nice and helpful posts. How about you?" and She also said the same.
Ooh, I love the way you put that! You really do have a great point! In my opinion, I'd agree with you... it wouldn't be worth it (to me) to have a spinny star full of spam and only have about 2 helpful posts. It would be more forfilling to me to not have a spinny, but have most of my posts helpful. It makes me happy to know that my post is helping a WI member
Old 01-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #26
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by hiphop772
The thing is take away the stars an people will still treat people the same way. Taking the stars away will not change the attitude of the type of person who whould intentionally leave someone out because they do not see them as 'worthy.'

I'm not trying to be argumentative, or difficult, but I have never experienced this type of behaviour on WI

It's not the stars that seperates members, it is the members themselves.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #27
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

This is one of the most true posts I have ever seen, it dosen't matter if you have about 100, 000 posts or 3 posts, every member helps to make WI a great place, no member should be treated differently because of their rank, post count, or rep, behind the computer, the person with no rep boxes, friends, and few posts, may be the same as the person with tons of spinnies, trades, thousands of friends, and gold rep boxes, the point is, everyone here on WI makes it a better place, and NO ONE should be disrespected.
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #28
arm and fuzzy
Gift Guru

Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond
Googlesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyondGooglesboogles goes above and beyond

View Post Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam
Ooh, I love the way you put that! You really do have a great point! In my opinion, I'd agree with you... it wouldn't be worth it (to me) to have a spinny star full of spam and only have about 2 helpful posts. It would be more forfilling to me to not have a spinny, but have most of my posts helpful. It makes me happy to know that my post is helping a WI member
(:
View Post Originally Posted by Tj03
The thing is take away the stars an people will still treat people the same way. Taking the stars away will not change the attitude of the type of person who whould intentionally leave someone out because they do not see them as 'worthy.'

I'm not trying to be argumentative, or difficult, but I have never experienced this type of behaviour on WI

It's not the stars that seperates members, it is the members themselves.
I am glad you are here to post
I am happy you have not experienced this behavior. I have been blocked out and ignored. It is not fun, and it hurts.
View Post Originally Posted by GymnasticsGirl
This is one of the most true posts I have ever seen, it dosen't matter if you have about 100, 000 posts or 3 posts, every member helps to make WI a great place, no member should be treated differently because of their rank, post count, or rep, behind the computer, the person with no rep boxes, friends, and few posts, may be the same as the person with tons of spinnies, trades, thousands of friends, and gold rep boxes, the point is, everyone here on WI makes it a better place, and NO ONE should be disrespected.
Greatly said (:
I am friends with many people here. I am good friends with people with few posts and boxes, as well as people with 15,000+ people with 6 boxes.
Just because they have different numbers, I do not treat them differently.
(:
Googlesboogles is offline Male
Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 PM   #29
Banned
icecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wondericecube730 wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by icecube730
Yep. People put people w/ rainbows or spinnies, lotsa rep boxes and a ton of gift points in a different category. I think everyone's the same *i'll edit in a sec*
Here's me edit, we had to leave for a bit

I think everyoe's the same. All of my 5,ooo+ posts coupld be from roleplays, welcomes, and happy birthday's. However, a new member with about 100 posts, each one of those posts coupld be CHOCK FULL of helpfulness and niceness. Sometimes people see a 'big member''s post and get hung up [like, as in that's all they see] on the rep/post/giftz numbers, and they don't see the TRUE information in the post.
icecube730 is offline Female
Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #30
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

I try to be as polite to a lil kinz as I am to an admin. I enjoy my stars, I only post on threads that I think are interesting, so I'm not a spammer, so ehrn I see the number of stars I have I see that as me being a productive member of the WI community.

I am very sorry that so many people have been treated in this way. As long as you keep doing the right thing you will come out on top as the better person.
Closed