Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
tkaboni
Gift Guru

tkaboni will become famous soon enough

Default My Suggestion to WI and WI Members

My suggestion/frustration with WI Members is the amount of unnecessary threads. If someone posts a thread regarding (example: Login Issues) under Somebody Help and (example 20 more people add new threads under the same place regarding the same issues. Why can't they just post their issues/comments or suggestions under that same thread instead of creating new threads.

I have also noticed that people are also placing (example login issues) under Somebody Help and you have another set of people adding multiple threads under (example General Chat), we do not need all of these new threads being added when there is already (example 20) threads that already exist regarding the same issues.
tkaboni is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
LikeRain
Webkinz :)

LikeRain is a glorious beacon of lightLikeRain is a glorious beacon of lightLikeRain is a glorious beacon of light

Donation Award 
Default Re: My Suggestion to WI and WI Members

It's so true. I'm sure a lot of us (like me) look for a thread about what we're thinking of posting first...but it seems a lot of members just make a new thread for everything. I'm not sure how to stop them, though!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
Seth is truely
Gifted
soccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with gracesoccergollygal wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Good thread, I'd also like to say, that for blob shops, I think there should ONLY be one, if you get it from a website, and don't make it. And anyone could work there. It's clogging up the section for people who are looking for actual graphics!
soccergollygal is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #4
MissTaylorMango

Maybe they could make some kind of Help Box or something, where you type in a question and the WI staff would find a post that had that question, and if there were none, then they could amke a thread about it themsleves!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #5

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

I so agree. it is absolutely ridiculous how many repeat threads thre are. one or two is ok but more then that is just a waste of our time and WI space.
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #6
NPandy is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree, there are a ton of threads...but the only time I can see it happening is if people are typing them at the same time, which I can see happening with technical glitches. I don't usually start threads, but I did start one about a glitch (I looked first) and then I noticed later on that there were more about the same issue (I think mine was first, though. If not, sorry! I did look!)
Old 11-13-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
tkaboni
Gift Guru

tkaboni will become famous soon enough

With the WW login issues tonight, I have been searching through Forums and threads and I know for a fact that people have posted Threads in at least 3 seperate Forums: General Chat, Somebody Help and Bloopers and Goofs and in each of these Forums there were multiple Threads on the same topic of Can't login in and the new WW Message: Sorry, were full, please come back later. This is just one topic and a lot of unnecessary Threads, when if people would have checked the forum they would have clearly seen someone posted already and could have responded in 1 forum and in 1 thread instead of 3 or more forums and multiple threads.

---------- tkaboni added 2 Minutes and 26 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by NPandy
I agree, there are a ton of threads...but the only time I can see it happening is if people are typing them at the same time, which I can see happening with technical glitches. I don't usually start threads, but I did start one about a glitch (I looked first) and then I noticed later on that there were more about the same issue (I think mine was first, though. If not, sorry! I did look!)
don't be sorry, at least you did look, alot of people don't look and just automatically add a new thread when they could have took a couple minutes to look to see if someone had already posted on the same subject.

Last edited by tkaboni; 11-13-2008 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tkaboni is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #8
NPandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! I'm still kind of new at this whole thing.

And I do agree that there are too many threads on the same issues...
Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #9
Angeliqueb33
Gift Guru

Angeliqueb33 will become famous soon enough

I've also noticed this and it is rather frustrating, but some are new and don't know the rules yet so we must remain patient.
Angeliqueb33 is offline Female
Old 11-13-2008, 10:15 PM   #10
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

View Post Originally Posted by MissTaylorMango
Maybe they could make some kind of Help Box or something, where you type in a question and the WI staff would find a post that had that question, and if there were none, then they could amke a thread about it themsleves!
It used to be if you went to post a topic, all other threads with similar titles would show up so you could see if it were a repeat. I don't know what happened to that feature...
I would think just looking through the forums for a few minutes before posting would be a good idea for everyone to do.
Jennielou is offline Female
Closed

Tags
yes!