Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
Gifted

Sundara is a splendid one to beholdSundara is a splendid one to beholdSundara is a splendid one to beholdSundara is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Music on WI. Good or bad???

I don't think that music on WI is such a good idea... Mac's can handle it, but PC's not as much, it could slow down the computer. Plus, there are adults on WI as well as kids, who don't like Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brothers.

Besides, why listen to music on a website when you can just listen to your iPod, MP3, iTunes or You Tube?
Sundara is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2010, 11:38 AM   #12
webkinz_forever

View Post Originally Posted by Sundara
I don't think that music on WI is such a good idea... Mac's can handle it, but PC's not as much, it could slow down the computer. Plus, there are adults on WI as well as kids, who don't like Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber and the Jonas Brothers.

Besides, why listen to music on a website when you can just listen to your iPod, MP3, iTunes or You Tube?
That's biased. -coughcough- (By the way, it's Arianna from Twig. Just wanted to say that. xD)

Another point is that a lot of people probably wouldn't want music because they're listening to their own. It's like the people (or animals, whatever) on webkinz speaking. xD
Old 07-31-2010, 11:39 AM   #13
ForeverCandT
Webkinz :)

Josie. is on a distinguished road

As people have said; it would slow Wi down..Just go on youtube, make an account, make a playlist, and let that roll while you are on Wi.Plus, not everybody likes JB or HM et cetera.. And I think this might have been suggested before.

-Josie.
Josie. is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
bazinga

Heyhihello is the cats pajamas!Heyhihello is the cats pajamas!Heyhihello is the cats pajamas!Heyhihello is the cats pajamas!Heyhihello is the cats pajamas!Heyhihello is the cats pajamas!

no way.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM   #15
I have over 70
Banned
Pookiekinz is on a distinguished road

I think it would be cute, but it would slow WI down. Plus there's no where to put music. With a forum this big, I don't think we can handle a music player. Sorry!
Pookiekinz is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 11:46 AM   #16

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

Wouldn't that just slow down your computer ? But other than that it seems like a preetty cool idea! (;
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 12:00 PM   #17
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Sorry, I don't like the idea. I usually start typing what I'm hearing after awhile. And I fall asleep when music is played. Sorry I also agree with everyone else, it will slow down WI and some people don't like those singers, and some might not even like music.

Last edited by sarocks7; 07-31-2010 at 12:03 PM..
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #18
Banned
softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!softballipod is not just visiting!

no I don't like it. some other older members wouldn't like listening to justin bieber or hannah montana. you can always go to itunes, rhapsody, put a CD into your computer and etc.
softballipod is offline Female
Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #19
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by tracyvanity
You can play your own music while on WI. Not everyone has the same musical taste so I really don't think this would be the best idea.
^^Yep. You can either:

Open up iTunes or Rhapsody or whatever program you use to listen to music, then listen to it
Go on Youtube, find the song you want, and listen to it. Open WI up in another tab.

I do the latter aaaaalllll the time. Works fine, doesn't slow down my computer, and I don't have to listen to "baby, baby, baby, oh, like baby baby baby noooo...".
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 07-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #20
Banned
jaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond reputejaspyr has a reputation beyond repute

It would be cool & unique to have a forum with music in the background, but I don't know if vBulletin supports this [vBulletin is the site that supports WI and gives it the basis for the forum]. It could lag WI a lot on some computers though. WI is a fairly fast site right now, which is what I like when I'm on a bad internet connection or on a bad computer. Another thing is this *might* involve copyright issues with the artists or the artists' band labels. If any songs were to be played it would have to be the POTM songs, most likely. Some parents may not like this for younger children. There are a lot of children on here where their parents don't want them listening to music- even Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers. Some songs are about dating too & dating is a banned subject on WI. So while it would be cool to have, it might have more negative points than positive. But this is a good idea- rep!
jaspyr is offline Female
Closed

Tags
alley ♥s yeww(:, emma!, kellywas1st!!!, small was here :]