Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!


Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
Lunawater
Webkinz :)
 
Lunawater's Avatar
Lunawater has a spectacular aura aboutLunawater has a spectacular aura about

Default To The Mods Of WI

A couple of times in the past few weeks, i have had a few posts deleted from the forums. I just went over the rules of the forum and none of the reasons are listed for the reasons that someone keeps deleting my stuff, last night i mentioned what had happened to my daughters adoption , i mentioned her age, not her address or her picture. Both my kids are young, i wont mention there ages here cause it might get deleted!! but, it states no where in the rules about this, nor does it say anything about links to youtube, i think its time to renew and update the rules of this forum. I signed in this morning looking to see what people had said to my thread and its gone!! Im 32 and am not sure about a few of the rules, imagine what the young kids on here think about the rules. My personal opinion about this is that the rules are a little strong, moderators are maybe going a little far? I know its for the protection of the children on WI , but if i say my child is * years old, how is that putting them in harms way? we have almost 1 000 000 youtube webkinz video views and i cant even post them here? Thats no fun!! I just think that there is a happy medium, i understand the reason for rules just make sure that everyone knows them, it would make your job a little easier!!

Just my opinion, please dont delete this

I hope you see where im coming from!

Last edited by fairlyoddmom; 02-27-2008 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Princesstiara doesn't make this personal...so lets not make this thread personal either.
Lunawater is offline
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2008, 09:11 AM   #2
rickysfun
Webkinz :)
rickyrmrmrm has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

will in that post you did not flowwo one of the rules you are not alowed post your adge or anone elese adge.


want to know why your post got deleted go to user pc home.
hope this helps
rickyrmrmrm is offline Male
Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 AM   #3
MzMoody33
Webkinz :)
 
Karen's Avatar
Karen has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond reputeKaren has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

When Alvin and the Chipmunks came out, my young son liked to go to youtube and check out some of the videos. Well he happened to stumble across some videos that are not appropriate at all. So that is why youtube is not allowed on WI.

As far as posting ages of children. We do not allow it because you could post his name in 1 post, his age in another, your state in another, some other key info, etc that people will pick up on and piece together. We are only going so far because we feel it's necessary for the safety of everyone here at WI.
Karen is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
rickysfun
Webkinz :)
rickyrmrmrm has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

sorry I a not a good at speling
rickyrmrmrm is offline Male
Old 02-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #5
Lunawater
Webkinz :)
 
Lunawater's Avatar
Lunawater has a spectacular aura aboutLunawater has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

My point basically is, i think the rules should be updated, for the users to know better and clearer and for the mods to have a easier time moderating.
Am i right ?
Lunawater is offline
Old 02-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
KAF, my little angel
Gift Guru
 
mommamia3's Avatar
mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!mommamia3 is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

Hello Lunawater,

I have to say, I had a post edited because I typed in my son's grade not thinking that the grade would break the age rule. BUT the age rule is posted, that if the person is under 18, they cannot post an age. I like that.

Please understand that this recently happend to a friend of mine and I can see why this rule is heavily enforced. Here is my story.

My friend was on a website. SHe posted her age and state that she lived in, nothing else. She thought she was talking to a teenager, but it turned out to be an adult. This adult, from questions that were asked, found her home phone number and started to harrass her. The questions were simple, like what do you do for a living, and what are your favorite stores, things that no one would think that you could find a person from.

BUT this other adult tracked her down, found out what she did for a living, found out that there are only two places in her vacinity that do that kind of work, narrowed her down even farther by the stores she shops at and the other questions that seemed innocent to her, an adult. ( I cannot remember them)

BUT if an adult can be tricked by another adult, imagine how a child could.

So by giving just and age, and some simple info, you can be tracked down if the other person is a preditor.

TO me this is scary and I appreciate the strick rules on no ages allowed.

maybe this story will help you understand them as well.
mommamia3 is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
Gift Guru
 
Lioness's Avatar
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!
Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!Lioness has rep to infinity and beyond!

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

View Post Originally Posted by mommamia3
Hello Lunawater,

I have to say, I had a post edited because I typed in my son's grade not thinking that the grade would break the age rule. BUT the age rule is posted, that if the person is under 18, they cannot post an age. I like that.

Please understand that this recently happend to a friend of mine and I can see why this rule is heavily enforced. Here is my story.

My friend was on a website. SHe posted her age and state that she lived in, nothing else. She thought she was talking to a teenager, but it turned out to be an adult. This adult, from questions that were asked, found her home phone number and started to harrass her. The questions were simple, like what do you do for a living, and what are your favorite stores, things that no one would think that you could find a person from.

BUT this other adult tracked her down, found out what she did for a living, found out that there are only two places in her vacinity that do that kind of work, narrowed her down even farther by the stores she shops at and the other questions that seemed innocent to her, an adult. ( I cannot remember them)

BUT if an adult can be tricked by another adult, imagine how a child could.

So by giving just and age, and some simple info, you can be tracked down if the other person is a preditor.

TO me this is scary and I appreciate the strick rules on no ages allowed.

maybe this story will help you understand them as well.
Truly an excellent post. We may sometimes disagree with certain rules but I don't think you can ever go too far when trying to protect children. In regard to this issue I would rather see the rules be too strong then the other way around.
Lioness is offline
Old 02-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #8
binkybohboh
Gifted
 
binkybohboh's Avatar
binkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socks

WI Subscriber
Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

View Post Originally Posted by Karen
When Alvin and the Chipmunks came out, my young son liked to go to youtube and check out some of the videos. Well he happened to stumble across some videos that are not appropriate at all. So that is why youtube is not allowed on WI.

As far as posting ages of children. We do not allow it because you could post his name in 1 post, his age in another, your state in another, some other key info, etc that people will pick up on and piece together. We are only going so far because we feel it's necessary for the safety of everyone here at WI.
My young daughters music teacher told her class he posted a video on youtube.She asked me if she could find him on the site,(I had no idea the content on youtube).. Well lets just say Im very grateful I was standing next to her.Youtube is not a site for kids.And THANK YOU for not allowing it on WI..
binkybohboh is offline Female
Old 02-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #9
CoolBenz, vetteguy98
Gift Guru
carguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

It's just for your safety.
carguy98 is offline
Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #10
smallville89
Gift Guru
 
danathorn's Avatar
danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!danathorn is not just visiting!

Default Re: To The Mods Of WI

View Post Originally Posted by Lioness
Truly an excellent post. We may sometimes disagree with certain rules but I don't think you can ever go too far when trying to protect children. In regard to this issue I would rather see the rules be too strong then the other way around.
I'm glad that you see and understand our points. Our goal here is to protect all of our members in order to keep WI a safe and hapy place for everyone to enjoy!
YouTube contains videos that are inappropriate for many of our members here. Many of our members are not allowed on the site via rules from their own parents.
Thank you for your continued support!

Last edited by danathorn; 02-27-2008 at 09:36 AM..
danathorn is offline Female
Closed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Kopi Enterprises, LLC
WebkinzInsider.Com is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Lil'Kinz, or Kinzville Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.
no new posts