Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #31
Gift Guru

mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!mom2hnemi is not just visiting!

Default Re: Missing Thread?

View Post Originally Posted by Disneymum
thanks for the warning, I am talking with my daughter now about keeping it safe . I won't even let her log on at school or other places.
hmm good point ladies~ Im going to tell my daughter no logging in at school too because they do have free time computers and I know she has logged on before.

View Post Originally Posted by WKPanda
I was the person who posted the original post that is now missing. Let me see if i can clear this up.

First: I was totally not asking for items to be donated, I want that to be crystal clear.

My purpose was to just give a warning to other parents.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the post; I think it was some data error that deleted it, because when I cam back, I got the message saying "According to our records, you have never posted here before..."

Here was the main point of the original thing I posted: We just moved to a new state, and my daughter was all excited to share her Webkins username with kids at the new elementary school and make some new friends. Her new "best friend" asked her for her password. DD was a bit too trusting and gave the password to the new "best friend." Several days later (we were gone for the weekend), DD logs onto her Webkinz account, and everything is gone. I mean EVERYTHING. She has an empty room and the pet. Not even food was left. I watched her stare at the screen in silence for a full minute, then saw this silent river of tears, as she realized what had happened. I was working at the desk beside her, so I came over to check out what was going on, and got the whole story. Tough, sad lesson.

We had a long talk, but I wish I had known enough to have had this talk with her earlier. So I thought other parents might want to have this talk with their kids before the kids find it out the hard way. Basically, we talked about how there are some things it is not o.k. for other people to ask of you, even your friends. Passwords, social security numbers, house keys, door security codes, things like that. Nobdy has any business asking you things like that, but if they do, you should just tell them, "I'm not allowed to give out passwords." Or try to get the conversation onto something else, and if they persist, then tell them you aren't allowed to give out information.

We also talked about how even though it is just stuff on a computer game, it is still stealing, and it is the same exact type of stealing that is illegal if it is done with a bank account or a credit card: somebody finds a way to get your password, then takes all your stuff.

So DD and I will play Webkinz games and slowly get some new stuff, and that will be fun, and she is just thankful the pet itself is still o.k., and I do NOT want anyone to even suggest replacing stuff with donations. The deep lesson here was one worth learning. I think the hardest part of all of it was that she thought she had made a new best friend already.

As a Mom, it's tough to watch, because you know the worst may be yet to come... sometimes kids will want to make sure nobody takes the new girl's side, so they rally others against her before she gets a chance to tell anyone what happened. I told DD not to bring it up at school; let it just die down and go away. If they ask you about Webkinz, just say you haven't had a chance to play it much lately, then move on to something else. I couldn't think of anything better to telll her.

I'm wide open to advice and suggestions, though. But really my main point was just to warn other parents to talk to your kids about passwords and arm them with a "something to say" in case anyone asks them to give out their password.
wkpanda~ you bring up several good points that I think some of us need to start considering..so thank you, Im so sorry this happened ..however thank you for sharing your message.

Last edited by mom2hnemi; 10-03-2007 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
mom2hnemi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #32
Gifted

Kittygirl72 is just really niceKittygirl72 is just really nice

It might have been deleated as others have said...check your user CP!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:05 AM   #33
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

Well, this is too weird - now you can add me to the list of people who wonder if they are losing their marbles. I can very clearly recall sitting down and typing - and posting - a response to this thread yesterday, and now I'm not seeing it. Of course, yesterday was a totally crazy day for me, so I'm not sure I can totally trust my memory, but I'm also 99.99% sure that I couldn't have said anything in the post that would have warranted deletion by a mod, nor do I see any indications in my CP stats to indicate they did. Does anyone recall seeing a post from me in this thread yesterday, or am I try one marble short of a bag this morning? [g]

WebkinzGram
Closed