Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #21
bumblebeemousegirl
Gifted

I_wish_mel has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Missing Thread?

some times stuff liek that happens to em in real life.. once I was looking for tape and I went in my room then I look at the floor and BAM I saw the tape....my sisi and mom just looked at it like "where did you come from" it makes me think I'm coo coo... glad to see things randomly come and go for other people too
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #22
Pom
Gift Guru

Pom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by WesleyKinz
...........Love it!! I've only got one, a very over active hard-headed independent boy!!!! I am getting worse at walking from one end of the house to the other and forgetting why I went there to begin with!!!!! I've decided to write lists to help me remember stuff, but I lose the lists.....so that does me no good!!

Glad to see I'm not the only nutty Mom!

Wesleykinc: I'm always doing that too. I make lists and lose them (twice in 24 hours that led up to my older daughter's b-day party) and if I can go 5 minutes without one or the other of my kids interrupting me, screaming or fighting with each other then I feel like I'm on a retreat! I used to feel like I had two brain cells to rub together but sometimes these days I feel that woman in the commercial that said "Daddy-waddy's home from worky-?urky". Does anyone remember that one?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM   #23
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

I think the whole moms are a little nuts problem is the kids' fault . Constant worrying, lack of sleep, interruptions, etc. Too bad we just can't kick back in the recliner and watch it all happen .
Disneymum is offline Female
Old 10-03-2007, 01:22 PM   #24
Lil Kinz
WKPanda is an unknown quantity at this point

I was the person who posted the original post that is now missing. Let me see if i can clear this up.

First: I was totally not asking for items to be donated, I want that to be crystal clear.

My purpose was to just give a warning to other parents.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the post; I think it was some data error that deleted it, because when I cam back, I got the message saying "According to our records, you have never posted here before..."

Here was the main point of the original thing I posted: We just moved to a new state, and my daughter was all excited to share her Webkins username with kids at the new elementary school and make some new friends. Her new "best friend" asked her for her password. DD was a bit too trusting and gave the password to the new "best friend." Several days later (we were gone for the weekend), DD logs onto her Webkinz account, and everything is gone. I mean EVERYTHING. She has an empty room and the pet. Not even food was left. I watched her stare at the screen in silence for a full minute, then saw this silent river of tears, as she realized what had happened. I was working at the desk beside her, so I came over to check out what was going on, and got the whole story. Tough, sad lesson.

We had a long talk, but I wish I had known enough to have had this talk with her earlier. So I thought other parents might want to have this talk with their kids before the kids find it out the hard way. Basically, we talked about how there are some things it is not o.k. for other people to ask of you, even your friends. Passwords, social security numbers, house keys, door security codes, things like that. Nobdy has any business asking you things like that, but if they do, you should just tell them, "I'm not allowed to give out passwords." Or try to get the conversation onto something else, and if they persist, then tell them you aren't allowed to give out information.

We also talked about how even though it is just stuff on a computer game, it is still stealing, and it is the same exact type of stealing that is illegal if it is done with a bank account or a credit card: somebody finds a way to get your password, then takes all your stuff.

So DD and I will play Webkinz games and slowly get some new stuff, and that will be fun, and she is just thankful the pet itself is still o.k., and I do NOT want anyone to even suggest replacing stuff with donations. The deep lesson here was one worth learning. I think the hardest part of all of it was that she thought she had made a new best friend already.

As a Mom, it's tough to watch, because you know the worst may be yet to come... sometimes kids will want to make sure nobody takes the new girl's side, so they rally others against her before she gets a chance to tell anyone what happened. I told DD not to bring it up at school; let it just die down and go away. If they ask you about Webkinz, just say you haven't had a chance to play it much lately, then move on to something else. I couldn't think of anything better to telll her.

I'm wide open to advice and suggestions, though. But really my main point was just to warn other parents to talk to your kids about passwords and arm them with a "something to say" in case anyone asks them to give out their password.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:24 PM   #25
Gift Guru

Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!Disneymum is not just visiting!

thanks for the warning, I am talking with my daughter now about keeping it safe . I won't even let her log on at school or other places.
Disneymum is offline Female
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 PM   #26
Erica
Gift Guru
SparkleHippo has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by WKPanda
I was the person who posted the original post that is now missing. Let me see if i can clear this up.

First: I was totally not asking for items to be donated, I want that to be crystal clear.

My purpose was to just give a warning to other parents.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the post; I think it was some data error that deleted it, because when I cam back, I got the message saying "According to our records, you have never posted here before..."

Here was the main point of the original thing I posted: We just moved to a new state, and my daughter was all excited to share her Webkins username with kids at the new elementary school and make some new friends. Her new "best friend" asked her for her password. DD was a bit too trusting and gave the password to the new "best friend." Several days later (we were gone for the weekend), DD logs onto her Webkinz account, and everything is gone. I mean EVERYTHING. She has an empty room and the pet. Not even food was left. I watched her stare at the screen in silence for a full minute, then saw this silent river of tears, as she realized what had happened. I was working at the desk beside her, so I came over to check out what was going on, and got the whole story. Tough, sad lesson.

We had a long talk, but I wish I had known enough to have had this talk with her earlier. So I thought other parents might want to have this talk with their kids before the kids find it out the hard way. Basically, we talked about how there are some things it is not o.k. for other people to ask of you, even your friends. Passwords, social security numbers, house keys, door security codes, things like that. Nobdy has any business asking you things like that, but if they do, you should just tell them, "I'm not allowed to give out passwords." Or try to get the conversation onto something else, and if they persist, then tell them you aren't allowed to give out information.

We also talked about how even though it is just stuff on a computer game, it is still stealing, and it is the same exact type of stealing that is illegal if it is done with a bank account or a credit card: somebody finds a way to get your password, then takes all your stuff.

So DD and I will play Webkinz games and slowly get some new stuff, and that will be fun, and she is just thankful the pet itself is still o.k., and I do NOT want anyone to even suggest replacing stuff with donations. The deep lesson here was one worth learning. I think the hardest part of all of it was that she thought she had made a new best friend already.

As a Mom, it's tough to watch, because you know the worst may be yet to come... sometimes kids will want to make sure nobody takes the new girl's side, so they rally others against her before she gets a chance to tell anyone what happened. I told DD not to bring it up at school; let it just die down and go away. If they ask you about Webkinz, just say you haven't had a chance to play it much lately, then move on to something else. I couldn't think of anything better to telll her.

I'm wide open to advice and suggestions, though. But really my main point was just to warn other parents to talk to your kids about passwords and arm them with a "something to say" in case anyone asks them to give out their password.
wow. thats horrible...
SparkleHippo is offline Female
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #27
WI Welcomes Everyone

Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness
Gingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomenessGingerly blows bubbles of awesomeness

Donation Level 3 

I can't locate that thread either...but then, my brain cells are long gone. lol
Gingerly is offline Female
Old 10-03-2007, 03:06 PM   #28
janesosquare
Gift Guru

missquarejane is just really nicemissquarejane is just really nice

wow. so sad. kids are so trusting of the world and it is really awful to have to learn such a lesson so painfully and so early. i really do feel for your child.

rep to you for reminding us to talk to our kids about this.

the original post was probably deleted because even if you weren't requesting gifts, others may have been offering them. there have recently been a rash of new posters/members telling us this sort of story and then requesting donations (not you or lissykinz but some other people) and that is probably why your thread got removed... just to be safe.

i recently heard about children stealing the codes from pets in stores. many of our stores now keep the kinz up on a high shelf, behind glass or right in front of the cash... that is really sad... what are kids learning these days?
missquarejane is offline Female
Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #29
macy06
Gifted

Lissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud ofLissykinz has much to be proud of

Was it my thread??///////////////////////
Lissykinz is offline Female
Old 10-03-2007, 03:12 PM   #30
Cheerbaby4
Gifted

Susie Q has a spectacular aura about

I wasn't accusing anyone on here of scheming to steal, but I really think it was deleted due to the fact that that was your first post. What people may not have known is that in the past several days there have been several spams on here of people with the same story, but asking for donations. I know which thread you are refering to because I think I might have also posted on it. I think it might have been done as a precautionary measure.
Closed