Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
Meadowlark

Default Missing posts?

Hi,

Has anyone else had a problem with posts not showing up? I've had two posts disappear recently. ???
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM   #2
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

Default Re: Missing posts?

Hi, Meadowlark - I posted something last night that is nowhere to be found today. I'm not 110% sure I actually posted it - only 99.99% because it was late and I was tired after a very long day. But I sure have a vivid recollection of typing it and I recall exactly what I said, and it's not there this morning. I assume if it was deleted, it would show up in the log of "mod activity" that we can see in our profile, but it's not there. So, it's not just you! Maybe we're both going crazy and need to read the ingredients on that stuff we're stirring into our coffee LOL.

WebkinzGram
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Meadowlark

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzGram
Hi, Meadowlark - I posted something last night that is nowhere to be found today. I'm not 110% sure I actually posted it - only 99.99% because it was late and I was tired after a very long day. But I sure have a vivid recollection of typing it and I recall exactly what I said, and it's not there this morning. I assume if it was deleted, it would show up in the log of "mod activity" that we can see in our profile, but it's not there. So, it's not just you! Maybe we're both going crazy and need to read the ingredients on that stuff we're stirring into our coffee LOL.

WebkinzGram
I KNOW mine were posted because I always go back and take a look to make sure they're there after I post! The automerge is also driving me nuts because people I'm responding to on the gift exchange don't see my replies when they're attached to another thread.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

I feel your pain on that automerge thing too! I can understand the rationale behind it, but I don't like the visual effect it has of not making it obvious that a new post has actually been added. I find myself handling it by using a bolded font if I'm going to post a second post right behind one I just posted, just to bring attention to it. I'm not too wild about that method because it has the effect of sending a message, in my opinion, that "this post is really important, so notice me!" when it may not be any more important or significant than the preceding post, but I just want it to be noticed in case people had already whizzed through and read the original, preceding post and would possibly miss the second one, especially if you're responding to a specific person. I can see where it would wreak havoc in the gift exchange!

Maybe you could do a variation of that method, of using not only a bolded font but maybe a different color one as well, with an "UPDATE" flag on it a well - at least for GE posts, since it is so important that those messages are seen in a timely manner.

WebkinzGram
Old 10-04-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
--pls. ask--
Gift Guru

RedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roostRedBear rules the roost

what i do is type:

POST 1: blah blah blah

POST 2: blah blah blah

NEW POST: blah blah blah

DIFFERENT DAY/NEW POST: blah blah blah

NEW DAY/SAME POST but not: blah blah blah

YET ANOTHER NEW POST: blah blah blah

i dont know if it helps others but it helps me. (24-hrs is a REALLY REALLY long time for an automerge. 15-min was too short, certainly but i wonder if there's some kind of happy medium.)

and, yes, i had several posts go MIA from yesterday.

Last edited by RedBear; 10-04-2007 at 10:51 AM..
RedBear is offline Female
Old 10-04-2007, 10:58 AM   #6
Venezuelan girl

You are not crazy. It happens to me too. In past days I did think that I posted in somebody GE thread. Later, when I went to the User Cp and check up the superscribed post I didn't find the subscription. I had to do it all again. I don't know if I do a something wrong... but it never happen to me before.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
Gifted
JuJuAnnie is on a distinguished road

I have had it happen with a post and a PM.
Closed