Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
Gifted

webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!

Default Members Get Involved! ~Please Read!~

Today I thought of an idea. What if a staff member let a member make a DCT? Or maybe a staff member helped a member with a colum on the front page? I got this idea as "WI Helper Program". For a week you get people to sign-up. Now a staff member could randomly draw, have a contest, etc. I think that since staff makes the DCT, maybe other members could do it once in a while. Kinda like a Big Brother or Big sister program. Step in a staff member's shoes for a day! Sp um yeah xD hope you enjoyed my suggestion.

I also have a suggestion of changing your username once a month or getting usertitles. I know many people get me mixed up with other members or maybe some just might want a change. Just a suggestion.
webkinz is fun is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
uvs the weim
Webkinz :)

SOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonderSOSO910 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Members Get Involved! ~Please Read!~

That would be a cool idea, but there are so many members so the chances of that happing is very slim
SOSO910 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Gifted

webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!webkinz is fun is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by SOSO910
That would be a cool idea, but there are so many members so the chances of that happing is very slim
Yes but contests & etc.
webkinz is fun is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz is fun
Today I thought of an idea. What if a staff member let a member make a DCT? Or maybe a staff member helped a member with a colum on the front page? I got this idea as "WI Helper Program". For a week you get people to sign-up. Now a staff member could randomly draw, have a contest, etc. I think that since staff makes the DCT, maybe other members could do it once in a while. Kinda like a Big Brother or Big sister program. Step in a staff member's shoes for a day! Sp um yeah xD hope you enjoyed my suggestion.

I also have a suggestion of changing your username once a month or getting usertitles. I know many people get me mixed up with other members or maybe some just might want a change. Just a suggestion.

I think this would be a good idea, but there should be some restrictions. First of all, not all members know exactly how to do a DCT, and the topic should be appropriate. There would definitely be a lot of sign-ups and I'm not sure if there can be enough space for everyone. People might not think it's fair if they're not chosen for the day they want to do it. If someone's not able to create a DCT that day for whatever reason, there could be problems, if you know what I mean by that.

Also, you can get your username changed, but only once and it has to be a good reason

Last edited by Dogluver620; 02-26-2009 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: adding something
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

I made a thread very similar to this, suggesting a "chats" area, because of how difficult it is to chat on the DCT when it is crowded.

You can only have your username changed once.
luckypenny is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
no
Webkinz :)

badena2 defies all oddsbadena2 defies all odds
badena2 defies all odds

Thumbs down Re: Members Get Involved! ~Please Read!~

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz is fun

You never know what a member might say. Its better having a staff member make up the DCT. And, not everyone would get chosen. Then again, in contests that usually happens to. Let's let the staff stick to their jobs.
Great idea though.
badena2 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
montanarose9

That's would be a great idea! I kno another site that does that!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

But if you're a GG, you CAN make the GEDCT
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #9
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by honeyluv55
But if you're a GG, you CAN make the GEDCT
Yes, if you're a GG or above you can make a GE DCT Thank you for bringing that up!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
Just.Live.Life(as a)
Banned
puppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of lightpuppiesrock465 is a glorious beacon of light

That's a good idea, but as people have already stated, there are many flaws in the plan, including the fact that a ton of people would sign-up and may be really frustrated when they signed up for quite a while, and never got picked. Some people may even stop signing up, triggering their friend and such too, then the DCT would just go back to the old people, which isn't a bad thing, it's just not convinient.

♥puppiesrock465♥

---------- puppiesrock465 added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

Oh! But a solution for that is they could make a limit of people who can sign up, and limit the people with time spent on WI, # of posts, etc. But people may still get frustrated when they can never get on...oh well. Maybe, just maybe ....

♥puppiesrock465♥

Last edited by puppiesrock465; 02-26-2009 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
puppiesrock465 is offline Female
Closed