Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
e Are Golden
Webkinz :)

div0716 is just really nicediv0716 is just really nice

Talking Member of the Week idea

Hi! I was wondering, what about a member of the week feature? Here's how it would work: every week, a small number of random members would nominate someone who he/she thinks did something worth noticing. They would include a short description of what this member did, whether it be a fantastic idea for ganz or an amazing new thread. The member of the week could be shown on the front page or in other places to encourage someone to visit his/her. This could encourage people to post more often or visit other threads!

just an idea
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Default Re: Member of the Week idea

This is a great idea, but remember that there are 145,000 members. And if it was completely random, it would select a lot of inactive members.

If there was a way to figure out all the "active" members and randomly select one, it could work.
Galfam is offline Male
Old 02-17-2010, 05:57 PM   #3

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

That's a good idea, but somehow I think it could lead to a bit too much competition. I'm not saying it would, but I'm the mild pessimist here. xD
Old 02-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

It's a really nice idea, but I think this has come up before and they said no to it. I think that the thought was that it might cause hurt feelings.
Desty is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #5

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by galfam
This is a great idea, but remember that there are 145,000 members. And if it was completely random, it would select a lot of inactive members.

If there was a way to figure out all the "active" members and randomly select one, it could work.
Oooh, good point. Possibly there could be a forum where you could post your "nomination"... I really have no clue, I'm terrible with these kinds of things.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

It sounds like a great idea but I think it would cause a lot of hurt feelings and dissension.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
e Are Golden

div0716 is just really nicediv0716 is just really nice

I see what you mean now... it might make some people angry!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #8
~ wackyfied ~

WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness
WI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicnessWI 50ish is epic beyond epicness

I LOVE this idea, because it shows your heart is in the right place!
Unfortunately and However and all that other 'stuff' I see this as a phenomenal reward and kudos in a smaller setting such as a classroom or place of business. Maybe if you had a 10 members of the week per week, with EVERYONE "given" the chance, that way ALL members would have the opportunity, (at least those 18 and younger.)
Maybe if it could be tweaked without giving an extra task/assignment to the Mods and Admins?

THANK YOU so much for sharing your wonderful idea! REP to you!

Last edited by WI 50ish; 02-17-2010 at 06:15 PM..
WI 50ish is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #9

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

I love the idea
But there's like 1 million inactive members and half of that are little kinz

I really hope it comes true
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 02-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
Gifted

lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible
lovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossiblelovemywebbies challenges the impossible

That's a very.........interesting idea LOL. But I do think that there would be lots of competition and most of our members are inactive/lil kinz
Closed