Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Member of the Week idea (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/member-week-idea-602390/)

div071602-17-2010 05:54 PM

Member of the Week idea

Hi! I was wondering, what about a member of the week feature? Here's how it would work: every week, a small number of random members would nominate someone who he/she thinks did something worth noticing. They would include a short description of what this member did, whether it be a fantastic idea for ganz or an amazing new thread. The member of the week could be shown on the front page or in other places to encourage someone to visit his/her. This could encourage people to post more often or visit other threads!

just an idea :)

Galfam02-17-2010 05:57 PM

Re: Member of the Week idea

This is a great idea, but remember that there are 145,000 members. And if it was completely random, it would select a lot of inactive members.

If there was a way to figure out all the "active" members and randomly select one, it could work.

Beetlike02-17-2010 05:57 PM

That's a good idea, but somehow I think it could lead to a bit too much competition. I'm not saying it would, but I'm the mild pessimist here. xD

Desty02-17-2010 05:58 PM

It's a really nice idea, but I think this has come up before and they said no to it. I think that the thought was that it might cause hurt feelings.

Beetlike02-17-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galfam (Post 18375617)
This is a great idea, but remember that there are 145,000 members. And if it was completely random, it would select a lot of inactive members.

If there was a way to figure out all the "active" members and randomly select one, it could work.

Oooh, good point. Possibly there could be a forum where you could post your "nomination"... I really have no clue, I'm terrible with these kinds of things.

canonymous02-17-2010 05:59 PM

It sounds like a great idea but I think it would cause a lot of hurt feelings and dissension.

div071602-17-2010 06:05 PM

I see what you mean now... it might make some people angry!

WI 50ish02-17-2010 06:13 PM

I LOVE this idea, because it shows your heart is in the right place! :smitten:
Unfortunately and However and all that other 'stuff' I see this as a phenomenal reward and kudos in a smaller setting such as a classroom or place of business. Maybe if you had a 10 members of the week per week, with EVERYONE "given" the chance, that way ALL members would have the opportunity, (at least those 18 and younger.)
Maybe if it could be tweaked without giving an extra task/assignment to the Mods and Admins?

THANK YOU so much for sharing your wonderful idea! REP to you!

monkeysgirl02-17-2010 06:18 PM

I love the idea
But there's like 1 million inactive members and half of that are little kinz

I really hope it comes true :)

lovemywebbies02-17-2010 06:18 PM

That's a very.........interesting idea LOL. But I do think that there would be lots of competition and most of our members are inactive/lil kinz