Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #81
Just another
Webkinz :)

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Member of the day!

View Post Originally Posted by cuffy
Nobody said that EVERY member would be chosen at some point. While every person would have an equal chance at being member of the day, it would be silly to expect that every person would be chosen for it. The special status would have to be something that is earned not chosen at random.
Out of the 100,000 members, i'm sure there are at least 25% of those that are accidental duplicate accounts, people who log on maybe once a month for a few minutes, people who signed up and forgot about it (I have a TON of accounts on other websites that I'm sure I've forgotten about) and people who have simply moved on to other things and no longer visit WI at all. So obviously those people wouldn't be chosen for Member of the day.

Kinda like people getting chosen to be Mods, Admins, or Forum Protectors, it's a status that is chosen based on helpfulness, not writing bad things or ever getting banned, and displaying all-around responsibility and good character. While everyone has the POTENTIAL of getting chosen based on their character, it would be crazy to expect that EVERYONE gets chosen.

I think it's an excellent idea that would encourage members to be more aware of what they write and treat others in the forums.

---------- cuffy added 22 Minutes and 29 Seconds later ----------

That's a good point. Plus one person's opinion of "The Best" would be different than someone else's version. On the other hand if you choose someone at random from ALL the members, you might be choosing someone who hasnt' posted since last summer, or someone who has been banned alot.
So I think something in the middle might work. Like say anyone who meets a certain criteria is eligible to be chosen, and out of those people someone at random is picked. And it could run sorta like who they do the daily chat thread. Like every day a different mod or admin picks a thread and creates it. Every day a different mod or admin picks a member for the next day's Member of the Day. It doesnt' really have to be that hard.
The criteria could be like:
Not being banned in the last 90 days
Today have posted at least 5 non-fluff threads
Made at least one post or thread that was helpful
Didn't have any of their posts or threads removed for innapropritate content in the last 7 days

And someone who posted or did something really, really extraordinary would maybe be automatically chosen, like say someone got a trophy in Goobers Lab and posted a step by step on how they got it, and then a bunch of members tried it and it worked. Or they posted a link to another website that tells you what rare items Arte is going to have every day over the next week. Or they make a suggetion on how WI can be improved and the idea is used. Over the top things like that would maybe have that person chosen instead of just being random.
Wow. I agree. Rep.

View Post Originally Posted by dazzlej
I think ur idea is really good.
Thank you.

Last edited by dandogkinie; 02-15-2009 at 03:45 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
dandogkinie is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #82
iloveyoubieber♥

Lil Angel has a reputation beyond reputeLil Angel has a reputation beyond reputeLil Angel has a reputation beyond reputeLil Angel has a reputation beyond reputeLil Angel has a reputation beyond reputeLil Angel has a reputation beyond repute

good idea!!!!! pm that to the admins
Lil Angel is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #83
Just another

dandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to beholddandogkinie is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by Caster75
I guess it could happen...I made a thread for the member of the day but it got locked
The thread that you made was not allowed but this was just an idea. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #84
yep, i know, i'm a

emclancy7 is a glorious beacon of lightemclancy7 is a glorious beacon of light

yeah!!! great idea!
emclancy7 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #85
Just another

View Post Originally Posted by Lil Angel
good idea!!!!! pm that to the admins
Thanks! I think I will just wait until an admin sees this... lol.

View Post Originally Posted by emclancy7
yeah!!! great idea!
Thank you!

Last edited by dandogkinie; 02-15-2009 at 03:52 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #86
k9mp
Madison5398 is an unknown quantity at this point

that is a really good idea. It would be fun
Madison5398 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 04:41 PM   #87
Just another

View Post Originally Posted by Madison5398
that is a really good idea. It would be fun
Thanks!!! I think it would be fun.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:20 PM   #88
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

Awesome idea!
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #89
Just another

View Post Originally Posted by ImTara55
Awesome idea!
Thank you!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:54 AM   #90
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Good Idea, but maybe member of the Week. Because then they'd be able to tally them up by Wednesday, and we could have a MOTM. Because of time. They couldn't look at the person with the most in one day.

GREAT IDEA!
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange