Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
oo hoo! Nickelcat is
Gifted

Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds
Nickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no boundsNickelcat knows no bounds

Default Member Contest for Food: no follow through

I recently entered a "member contest for food" in which the member sponsoring the contest never got back to me on my entry and finally let the thread lapse for two weeks, so it eventually got closed. After seeing no response to my entry and then seeing the thread close, I PM'd the person who ran the contest to ask why (s)he never followd through on my entry. I got no reponse.

I looked at the rules in that section and found that since the contests are not sponsored by WI, they cannot be enforced.

I think that if someone is going to start a contest and promise a prize for a correct answer, that person is obligated to follow through on all entries and is obligated to award the promised prize! Am I wrong?

Nickelcat

:husky:
Serendipity
Nickelcat is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Member Contest for Food: no follow through

I agree with you completely! I'm sorry if you worked hard on an answer and didn't get a reply
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
ill miss you all!
Banned
andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!andrewhoya is the bees knees!

I hate when people do that.
andrewhoya is offline Male
Old 02-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
Call me Jade
Gift Trainee

warmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to beholdwarmblood12211 is a splendid one to behold

I know! It's so annoying, people should give you a prize if they've promised you one!!!
warmblood12211 is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Nickelcat
I recently entered a "member contest for food" in which the member sponsoring the contest never got back to me on my entry and finally let the thread lapse for two weeks, so it eventually got closed. After seeing no response to my entry and then seeing the thread close, I PM'd the person who ran the contest to ask why (s)he never followd through on my entry. I got no reponse.

I looked at the rules in that section and found that since the contests are not sponsored by WI, they cannot be enforced.

I think that if someone is going to start a contest and promise a prize for a correct answer, that person is obligated to follow through on all entries and is obligated to award the promised prize! Am I wrong?

Nickelcat

:husky:

Serendipity
Sorry that happened to you, but I was wondering if they actually had been approved to have a contest {all contests do have to be approved by this site}. Did you pm a moderator with the link and all so someone could check what was going on? This will at least let them know that this member either was having unapproved contests or else had an approved one that they didn't follow through on. From what I read in the rules about contests through the site {approved ones} they HAVE to show that they have the items and that they will send them within a certain length of time after the closing of the contest. I think I read where they also have to be gifted to run a contest of any sort but on that I'm not totally positive.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 07:10 PM   #6
ChihuahuaGrl16
Banned
ChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond reputeChihuahuaGrl16 has a reputation beyond repute

aww I'm sorry this has happened to you!!! It's happened to me too! I think maybe people should be approved if they can begin a contest based on number of posts and rep!
ChihuahuaGrl16 is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #7
KimCuddle55 is on a distinguished road

sorry that happend ihate it why don't you try again
KimCuddle55 is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

I'm sorry that this has happened .
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

I'm sorry that you did not get your prizes for the contest. I think this is why the only prizes allowed to be given away are food, because the food is fairly easy to get. If you want to enter contests where prizes must be given, then the galore section is for you. I always enter the food contest just for fun.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

Hmm...I think I read somewhere that if they don't give you your prize, they get banned from having contests...but don't quote me on that. I am not totally sure.
ImTara55 is offline Female
Closed