Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI Rules & Suggestions (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/)
-   -   Maybe expanding the avatar megabyte limit? (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-rules-suggestions-131/maybe-expanding-avatar-megabyte-limit-425944/)

11-15-2008 04:45 PM

Maybe expanding the avatar megabyte limit?

As many of you do, I love those blinkie bees. I like how they blink and say your username, plus they are cute! But I can't use many because they exceed the forum's megabyte limit, 48.8 MB. Other words, their animation limit. I want maybe just a little more room? How about 60.0 or 75.0? It's okay if you don't , I just get frustrated when I find the CUTEST blinkie and it exceeds the limit.

Stay Beautiful:smitten:

-Miss-Webkinz-11-15-2008 04:52 PM

Re: Maybe expanding the avatar megabyte limit?

Yeah, I agree.
I try to make a slideshow, and i have to keep making it smaller and smaller because there's too many slides...

smvmonkey11-15-2008 04:53 PM

I agree! Not too big, not too small. :)

a3doglife11-15-2008 05:08 PM

before you download it try to resize it or look for it on another site, they are hard to find .

ajoysmom11-15-2008 05:11 PM

im not sure but i think they have it at 48.8 so that it wont be to taxing on their server. i could be wrong tho ;)

BackFlip1511-16-2008 12:54 PM

I know, Ir eally want to have one of those blinkiebee avatars and i can't, it seems to work for everyone but me. xD

Expecially with SIGGIE PICS!! :)
Great thread!

i love summer11-16-2008 03:03 PM

Yeah, there are so many of those blinkies that I think are so cute, but many of them exceed the limit, so my selection is very limited! :(

sweetnspicy11-16-2008 03:06 PM

That would be nice,but Im boring,so my avvie stays the same for months,so I dont really look at avatars.

nonna7211-18-2008 09:09 PM

I can't figure out how to resize the cute avvies without have them not move or not be as clear a picture. I would be nice to have a larger avvie size allowed.

Justin11-18-2008 09:14 PM

Sorry, it's just something we don't want to do. Some websites have it set at only 20KB per avatar. Here's why.. Say you load a thread and each person has a flashy avatar. Let's say I increased the limit to 75KB... So, each person could theoretically have a 75KB avatar. With 10 posts on a page, the avatars alone would add up to 750KB. Then, add their signature images which are limited to 30KB each. That's another 300KB. That totals 1MB just for avatars and signatures alone! Then add the forum graphics and the text, etc, and you're looking at almost 1.5MB give or take! That slows down page loads for you and costs money for WI because of the bandwidth required!