Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
Diabetes Awareness
Webkinz :)

akpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonderakpanfol11 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Mass VM Messaging? (:

I would love that idea! I really like the idea of sending like all of my Christmas/Easter/St. Pattyday. Stuff in one big glup but i think it might lead to Spam and such.
akpanfol11 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #22
ibboly wobbly timey

tomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clown

But, wouldn't there be spam either way? I think it's a good idea
tomboy1132 is offline Female
Old 11-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

This is a very good idea and may be very helpful. I know that a lot of us are rule-abiding citizens of WI, but there are still people who will use it as a way to send chain messages and spam.
gimmeabook is offline Female
Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #24

Priceless has disabled reputation

Click the image to open in full size.

Correct are those who pointed out the Spam infringement. Though your theories prove worthy and could possibly aim back at the predicament at hand, it's very unlikely. In the equation f(x) = 100x we make a table of values and lo and behold (please don't pay attention to the - numbers. They are fill-in's.) we see that over time our numbers go up. So, I made a corresponding graph attached -- and though it's simple math, I thought I would point out the small errors in this case.

Although it's a great idea -- think about it. Politicians and Lobbyists could come, free advertising for Av and Sig Shops, random "x" (said things) coming and VMing out "all" of WI; thus breaking code 14 "no commercial advertising" - it's an absolute must not.

So I do apologize that the majority of the party votes otherwise, but it's the way simple voting works (although I'd rather not get into the whole game).

Have a nice day, and I've attached two quotes that I thought presented thoughtful commentary.

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
The one issue with this is spam. Although usually spam is taken care of quickly by our staff members, if we did have an attack from trollers, this would make their job a lot faster and a lot easier. Though this would save a lot of time, I think it'd be best reserved for a specific level of member or maybe a WI2 subscription. If the trollers got a hold of it, there's would be mass chaos and a LOT of cleaning that the mods would need to do.

View Post Originally Posted by runlikethewind
As for the spam issue, I understand how that could be a liability toward this idea, but there are a lot of different risks WI takes in the hope that we follow the rules. Chain messaging COULD be amplified if my idea were executed, but that is just an ‘if’, and I don’t believe it should be a deal breaker concerning mass VM’s.
View Post Originally Posted by runlikethewind

It would be kind of like saying: The creation of Threads would make the threat of 'fluff' or 'spam' higher, and we shouldn't be able to create our own topics because of this. It all depends on the decision a WI member makes when abiding by the WI rules.

Last edited by Electrabuzz1; 11-08-2011 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: Removing red ink.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 11-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
ibboly wobbly timey

tomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clowntomboy1132 is cool as a bunny clown

Good point. But, there could be a special button for the staff and modes ONLY that could delete all of those messages. Like, it would have a thing showing it was a mass vm message, and then there could be a special "Delete all mass messages?" button
tomboy1132 is offline Female
Old 11-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #26

Priceless has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by tomboy1132
Good point. But, there could be a special button for the staff and modes ONLY that could delete all of those messages. Like, it would have a thing showing it was a mass vm message, and then there could be a special "Delete all mass messages?" button
Besides, I believe this option is not quite probable. --> https://www.vbulletin.com/order/
Priceless is offline Male
Old 11-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #27
Banned
jellydonut is an unparalleled talent
jellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talentjellydonut is an unparalleled talent

Maybe if we could only send it to 5 people at a time like pms, but both sides have good points. I'm not sure if its a good idea or not.
jellydonut is offline Female
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #28
Gift Guru

doggierule has disabled reputation

I like your idea! I think it would be very useful.
doggierule is offline Female
Old 11-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #29
juliabearfun21 will become famous soon enough

I agree! It would be much easier to send holiday cards out in mass rather than one at at time. Besides, there is going to be spam with or without the use of mass messaging. Great suggestion!

Last edited by juliabearfun21; 11-08-2011 at 06:01 PM..
juliabearfun21 is offline Female
Old 11-08-2011, 06:09 PM   #30
marshma

cheesedreams is a splendid one to beholdcheesedreams is a splendid one to beholdcheesedreams is a splendid one to beholdcheesedreams is a splendid one to behold

I support! The only concern is spam but I'm sure it'll work out...
cheesedreams is offline Female
Closed

Tags
i have a dream ♥, jellydonut!