Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Manners and other general reminders

WI has some problems with manners I've noticed. Some suggestions:

-When somebody makes a thread about their 4th pet, don't be rude and say:

"UGH! You only have 3? I have 146...."
Be nice. Congradulate them.

-When somebody says "I like your new avvie!" Say thanks. It's polite. They gave you a nice compliment and return the favor by thanking them.

-When making a thread, or posting in general, if you are asking WI members if they have a panda, don't say
"Do YOU have a panda?"
That makes people feel like you are upin their face, screaming "YOU!" And poking them. It's rude.
Simply say:
"Do you have a panda?"
It's much more polite.

-Please, if somebody spams, or does something wrong, don't say

"SO AND SO! NO SPAMMING IS ALOUD! Gosh does it hurt to follow rules?"

That's not nice and makes the person feel worse. Simply just say:

"So and so, please don't spam."

and report the post.

-Don't use capitals all the time, it scares people.

-Please don't use
!!!!!!
It is too hard to read and frustrates people.

-(Courtasy of kajita[thanks]) Don't reply things in help section like:
"Hmm, I don't know."
It's frustrating for the people who need help.

-(Courtasy of Lyssa [thanks]) Don't use text talk. (ex: r u going 2 da game 2nite? LOL ROFL itz gonna rox)
One, it's spam
Two, it makes your posts 'fluff'
and Three, some people might not be able to read it. There are young members on here too.

- if someone says something you don't agree with, you don't need to reply rudely:
"You're SO SO SO WRONG!!" "That's NOT what happened!" "You don't know what you're talking about!"
Keep it civil! You can say something like: "I don't agree with you because..." "I don't think that's what happened." "Where did you hear that information?
If someone asks you to look at something they made, like a website, a drawing, a room, whatever, and you don't like it, don't be rude!
"Ummm...I hate that." "That's really dumb." "I don't like that at all!"
If you don't like it, you don't have to say anything. If you have to say something, try to be constructive, not negative: "Your website is a little difficult for me to navigate. Maybe you can change the layout." "You might want to move X in your room to make more space and open it up a bit."
And finally, if you are asking for help (in the somebody help section, with designing a room or a general question), don't post every two minutes asking someone to help! People do have lives outside of WI, and some people only have certain times they can use the computer. Try to relax and be patient. It's especially annoying when someone posts every 45 seconds saying "WHY WON'T ANYONE HELP ME". Hang in there, someone will answer you.
[thanks crasht]

Thanks all!

~Tex

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 09-15-2008 at 04:06 PM..
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: Manners and other general reminders

I like what you said about the

Do YOU have a panda." I've never really been fond of the times where that happens.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
bffrule
Webkinz :)

2cool4u107 is a glorious beacon of light2cool4u107 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks so much for the reminders i totaly agree
2cool4u107 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
I♥Harry Potter
Gifted

kajika will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by TexasGirl8
-Please don't use
!!!!!!

It is too hard to read and frustrates people.

~Tex
I completely agree with this. I cannot read anything written in these colors. I wish they would remove them as options.

In addition to the above hints, I would like to add - if you don't know how to help someone, please don't post I don't know. Just don't post at all if you have nothing to say. Thanks!
kajika is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Thanks for reading and commenting, I know it bothers me as well.

Click the image to open in full size.
These guys mean it when they say use manners!

LOL!

---------- TexasGirl8 added 0 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by kajika
I completely agree with this. I cannot read anything written in these colors. I wish they would remove them as options.

In addition to the above hints, I would like to add - if you don't know how to help someone, please don't post I don't know. Just don't post at all if you have nothing to say. Thanks!
Thanks I'll add that!

Last edited by TexasGirl8; 09-14-2008 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Thanks alot.Rep point.
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #7

brick princess will become famous soon enough

I agree. Plus I'm going to change my color so it is easier to read.
brick princess is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 06:31 PM   #8
Don't get knarky wit

Lyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clownLyssa45 is cool as a bunny clown

Oh I have something to add!!

Don't use text talk. (ex: r u going 2 da game 2nite? LOL ROFL itz gonna rox)
One, it's spam
Two, it makes your posts 'fluff'
and Three, some people might not be able to read it. There are young members on here too.

Thanks for the reminders they're helpful!! Rep to you.
Lyssa45 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
I ♥ my family

nonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledgenonna72 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Very good advise. Thanks for the reminders.
nonna72 is offline Female
Old 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Thanks for the reminders! Rep
lexi18216 is offline Female
Closed