Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #71
I ♥ rainbows &
Webkinz :)

dancestar is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Making "My posts" section private... for privacy reasons.

Good point! I think we should definitely persue it. Try telling Justin or Wendy about your problem. Actually it is everyone's problem. I hope we can keep WI super safe for everyone out there! This is a good way to help!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #72
Tu madre.

sydney123212 is just really nicesydney123212 is just really nice

Yes I agree! Especially the people with 100 posts! Someone could look thru all their pages!
sydney123212 is offline Female
Old 09-30-2008, 05:49 PM   #73
Leave me alone.
Gifted

xsmartypants97o is a splendid one to beholdxsmartypants97o is a splendid one to beholdxsmartypants97o is a splendid one to beholdxsmartypants97o is a splendid one to behold

at first when i saw this, i didn't really think it mattered.
but once i read that post about the 'arizona girl', i immediately decided this was a great idea.
i am now going to start being a lot more careful about what i post.
thank you, and i hope wi really considers this option, as it would make this site a whole lot more safe than it already is.
(:
xsmartypants97o is offline Male
Old 09-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #74
svandy
Gift Guru

svandy will become famous soon enough

I see where you are going. But I am sure that no one is trying to stalk people here on Webkinz Insider... or I hope not.

Good point though.

---------- svandy added 2 Minutes and 32 Seconds later ----------

Oh my goodness. Bonsai made a very good point. I am going to watch my posts.

Last edited by svandy; 09-30-2008 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
svandy is offline Female
Old 09-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #75
That Girl

I think that is a great idea. The admin should look at this thread.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #76
I am tired of being

twin2b25628 is on a distinguished road

sorry for posting here!
twin2b25628 is offline Male
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #77
Major Phantom Phan!
Gift Guru

cmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant futurecmwqt has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
Hi everyone,

I was thinking about internet safety today, and this came to my mind.

On your profile statistics page, and many other places, and member can see a list of the last 500 posts you have made. They can easily breeze through them, and if your replies are on the shorter side, they can see everything you wrote without even loading a new page.

Now, the thought crossed my mind of how easy it would be if someone was following you to quickly look through all of those posts, and get tons of information about you so very easily.

While we should all never give away personal information, I know sometimes we slip, and sometimes a detail we see as harmless ends up saying a lot about you.

Without these lists, it would be virtually impossible to find the last 500 posts a person has made, when the total post count on this whole board is over 8 million posts.

I would really like to see the option of making it so only you can look through your posts page. Internet safety seems to be a priority on this site, which is one of the reasons I love it here.

Here is a quote that was posted on another thread about internet safety. This is kind of what inspired this idea. It shows you that even though you might not be giving what most people consider "personal information" can still be harmful

My thought is that if we made the My Posts as a private option, it would be hard to find these 5 or 6 pieces of information, that we think are innocent. It would be hard to do this if the option was marked as private, especially since a lot of people make hundreds of posts a week.

I also did some research by looking up usernames on google, because many of you were saying that you can find a lot of someone's posts on there. I really only found 3 or 4 single posts on each person I looked up.
That's really good thinking! We may not think that something is important (hair color, fav sport) but there are people out there that can use any of that to find you , scary! I think that we should all be a little more internet aware, and give out less information, I do like the idea of having the My Posts section private, that could reduce the risk of someone gathering information about you!
cmwqt is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 04:41 PM   #78
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Quote:
I see where you are going. But I am sure that no one is trying to stalk people here on Webkinz Insider... or I hope not.

Good point though.
I tend to think that too. I think most stalkers are on places more like myspace, but you can never be too careful.
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 10-04-2008, 08:41 AM   #79
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

anyone else want to comment?
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 10-04-2008, 08:46 AM   #80
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

I think it won't be a huge problem as long as no one posts ages, grades, school names, or states.
Closed