Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #21
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Making "My posts" section private... a big step toward more safety

I think that would be a good idea... but I think it should be optional... not a requirement for everybody.
Or limit the amount of recent posts people can see from 500 to like 100... but we can still see ALL of our own posts.
Livi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
Gift Guru

Geminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledgeGeminicat21 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I think it should be optional as well. I think it's good but it's a rule and people should not be posting info.
Geminicat21 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #23
Gifted

webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!webkinz101 is the cats pajamas!

I agree. I've seen a lot of members sharing personal info. It's also a good idea because some members may not flag the post so it may never be seen by a mod.

I also agree that it show be optional.

I also just thought of another reason to why this is a good idea, because some members aren't gifted so they can't edit their post. Which makes everything they post unchangeable till they become gifted or a mod fixes it for them.

Last edited by webkinz101; 09-20-2008 at 05:56 PM..
webkinz101 is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #24
I love Paramore&
Webkinz :)

webkinz_ has disabled reputation

I disagree.

I think it's good to see what post they made...

and also it's good to see what threads they've been at.

And if they entered a contest you can see if they cheated by ording it out of a shop...

I think it shouldn't be private.
webkinz_ is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #25
call me maggie

galpalm is a glorious beacon of lightgalpalm is a glorious beacon of light

totally people need to be safe
galpalm is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 08:37 PM   #26
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

I disagree. Sorry.

But, I look through peoples posts all the time. Not because I'm a snoop, but I have my reasons. I find extremly useful, I sometimes use it when I'm Roleplaying.

Besides, people should be following the rules. So if someone "slips" then you should just ask them to edit their post, tell a mod, or flag it if it is a serious problem.
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 09-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #27

Merriam is a jewel in the roughMerriam is a jewel in the rough

Hmm. Not a bad idea. Yeah, I agree. It's one thing if you say something tiny about yourself and other people read it (and for many of us, that's going to happen sometime or another), but another if the world can see ALL your posts at once, who knows what they might piece together about your life. I also agree that it should be an option, and I think mods and admins and founders should always be able to see your posts and threads, in case you might be breaking the rules and they need a quickish way of knowing for sure. On the whole, though, wise thought.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #28
love yourself

possiblerocks1 has a reputation beyond reputepossiblerocks1 has a reputation beyond reputepossiblerocks1 has a reputation beyond reputepossiblerocks1 has a reputation beyond reputepossiblerocks1 has a reputation beyond reputepossiblerocks1 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with you Lilypad-. I think that people should be able to see, like the last 10 posts that a person has made. I don't think that they should see everything that a person has posted. It really can be unsafe.
possiblerocks1 is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #29

albinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to allalbinomex is a name known to all

Exactly, but that's what the original thread brought up: sometimes some forget & we need to help them remember by flagging them. Especially for the younger visitors.
Much of the time younger ones are more carefree, & think it's not a big deal if that one piece of information slipped. Although if one piece of information slipped 500 times & others read those 500 posts it would not be impossible to assume others could piece together their information. Which shouldn't be a big deal unless that information could in some way lead a predator or other harnful situation to them.

Always better to be safe than sorry!

I love what daffy 1956 said, "We as a community need to be responsible for our own!" So very true!
Rep to you!

Have a GREAT Sunday!
albinomex is offline Female
Old 09-21-2008, 09:19 AM   #30
elitegymnast0707
Gifted

kkaitlinn94 has a spectacular aura about

thats a good idea.....i wouldnt like the idea of someone stalking me by finding all my posts. *gasp*
rep point 4 u!!
kkaitlinn94 is offline Female
Closed