Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Wink Making THIS mandatory- could help eliminate random rep...

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like when people go about giving out random rep...
I mean, I've gotten rep. on some threads that weren't even 1% helpful and still got rep... and it doesn't feel that good knowing that I didn't earn it...

So I was thinking that maybe instead of making leaving a comment optional, to make it mandatory...
It could convince people to actually give you rep. for a reason not just randomly hit that thumbs up button...

What do you guys think?...

Thanks for reading
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!cookiemonster96 is not just visiting!

Default Re: Making THIS mandatory- could help eliminate random rep...

I have gotten random reputation points and I agree. I have gotten MANY rep saying, Haha funny; or You are funny. I enjoy getting reps, but I think that people should give rep because they deserve it. Not just because they are being funny and such.
cookiemonster96 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #3
My Mommy Says I'm
Gifted

Amymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to allAmymt is a name known to all

I have never seen this but thanks for the reminder!
Amymt is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

I think this could be a good addition, but it can't make people write a message. They could just type in a random letter, like "a" for example, and just leave the rep. This is a nice idea with a great intention though!
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #5
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by Amymt
I have never seen this but thanks for the reminder!
This is what I'm talking about

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- dotdotduck added 1 Minutes and 18 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
I think this could be a good addition, but it can't make people write a message. They could just type in a random letter, like "a" for example, and just leave the rep. This is a nice idea with a great intention though!
I see... maybe making a 10-letter rule or something along those lines might help... but people could still type something random...

Last edited by dotdotduck; 03-03-2009 at 07:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #6

eeveeluver is the cats pajamas!eeveeluver is the cats pajamas!eeveeluver is the cats pajamas!eeveeluver is the cats pajamas!eeveeluver is the cats pajamas!eeveeluver is the cats pajamas!

i always give out rep points whenever someone replies one of my polls because it helps me with the topic (like which do u like better, etc.) so would that be considered random rep? i dont think so...
eeveeluver is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by eeveeluver
i always give out rep points whenever someone replies one of my polls because it helps me with the topic (like which do u like better, etc.) so would that be considered random rep? i dont think so...
No thats fine, I do that too

Random rep. is like going around the forum and giving out rep. to random people for no reason...
Old 03-03-2009, 07:22 PM   #8

flowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to beholdflowerfan12 is a splendid one to behold

i agree i got lots of rep points saying you are to funny or something like that i don't think i should deserve reps just 'cause i am funny
flowerfan12 is offline Female
Old 03-03-2009, 07:26 PM   #9
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by flowerfan12
i agree i got lots of rep points saying you are to funny or something like that i don't think i should deserve reps just 'cause i am funny
I agree

Thanks for posting!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:29 PM   #10
So this is love
Gift Guru

sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

I politely disagree. If I am having a bad day, and if I see a post that just makes me smile, I will usually give a rep to that person. I don't think that is random. I usually write, "Oh my that is so funny. Thanks for making me smile today."

Also, sometimes I really want to give a rep to someone who has been especially helpful to me. However, I have to "spread it around" before I can give them another rep (since I gave them a rep for something else previously). So I usually go through the "Look what I got" threads and give reps to the members who have few posts and who want to share the third webkinz they got or something. They aren't being helpful to me, but I still enjoy giving them reps that say something like "Thanks for sharing with us!" After a few of these, then I can go give rep to the person who was especially helpful to me.

I agree that it should be necessary to write at least 10 letters when leaving a rep. I dislike getting a blank rep.
sydney88 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
code orange