Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
deb_holmes

Default Love the WI Cookbook but...

It would be great if you could select a recipe and see more info about it, such as:
- total nutritional points you'll get from consuming
- value of recipe food if sold to W shop
- cost of each ingredient if purchased from W shop
- value of ingredients if consumed alone, in terms of nutrition points
- possible sources of ingredients such as Daily Kinzcare gifts, garden, wheel of yum prize, etc

---------- deb_holmes added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

Would be great if it we could search for combos that are known to produce gunk

Last edited by deb_holmes; 03-10-2008 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

telogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of lighttelogiatrisha is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Love the WI Cookbook but...

I agree that would be a Wonderful Cookbook!!
But wouldn't it be a lot of work?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

That would be coo.We do actually have some of this info on the site. At the top, if you scroll under recipes, and select either stovetop, blender, or sandwhich maker. Then, when you find a recipes you want to view the details on, select "product details."
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 03-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

A lot of that information is already contained on the site. Like lilypad said, just click on the word "recipes" at the top of the page.

Here's one of the recipez you can see:

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #5
reach4astar

If a lot of the information is already on the site, would it be possible simply to readjust the content of the cookbook to include it? I can certainly see the advantages of only having to look in one place for any & all information about food & recipes...
Old 03-12-2008, 03:23 AM   #6
Gift Guru

CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!
CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!CYNalot has rep to infinity and beyond!

View Post Originally Posted by reach4astar
If a lot of the information is already on the site, would it be possible simply to readjust the content of the cookbook to include it? I can certainly see the advantages of only having to look in one place for any & all information about food & recipes...
I am not sure you are aware of the amount of volunteer time and effort it takes to compile and sort through all of the information available and create the user friendly data bases you see on this site.

Everything on this site will always be a work in progress as WW is continuously evolving as are we. Perhaps you would like to "simply" compile that information for us and we would be happy to add it to the cook book

Last edited by CYNalot; 03-12-2008 at 03:26 AM..
Old 03-12-2008, 05:12 AM   #7
ha'ts up? ;]
Gift Guru

smiley7000 is a jewel in the roughsmiley7000 is a jewel in the rough

I think it costs a lot of time and effort to put together a wonderful Cookbook like we already have here one WI.
smiley7000 is offline Female
Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by deb_holmes
It would be great if you could select a recipe and see more info about it, such as:
- total nutritional points you'll get from consuming
- value of recipe food if sold to W shop
- cost of each ingredient if purchased from W shop
- value of ingredients if consumed alone, in terms of nutrition points
- possible sources of ingredients such as Daily Kinzcare gifts, garden, wheel of yum prize, etc

---------- deb_holmes added 2 Minutes and 21 Seconds later ----------

Would be great if it we could search for combos that are known to produce gunk
View Post Originally Posted by reach4astar
If either of you would like to take on this project, please let us know. We would be happy to add your results to the existing WI Cookbook.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 03-12-2008, 02:57 PM   #9
reach4astar

View Post Originally Posted by cynalot
I am not sure you are aware of the amount of volunteer time and effort it takes to compile and sort through all of the information available and create the user friendly data bases you see on this site.
I'm very aware of how much time & effort it takes to maintain a website, especially if you're coding your own pages, and not using a WYUIWYG editor or template (but even when you use such tools, I am well aware of the time committment). My comment about "simply" was not intended to reflect either the time or effort that would have go into making such an adjustment, but rather was intended to be a comment about being able to skip a step of entering all the original data, since most, if not all all of the data presently exists on the site -- the cookbook itself would need some coding adjustment to "pull" all the information together in the manner that was suggested. In fact, my comment was really only intended to ask (though, not in question form) how complicated such an adjustment would be -- that's all.

I'd be happy to help if I had the time right now, but I do help with another (non-Webkinz site), as well as with many non-computer organizations. (But I will keep it on my list of things I want to do, and will try to make some time).

I'm sorry if you somehow took my comment personally or as some sort of criticism. It wasn't intended that way (nor even towards administrators or mods in general). A suggestion or request for information isn't necessary being critical. A simple response with information about the level of difficulty, without a lecture about how obviously I don't realize the effort that goes into the site, would have been more helpful and appropriate, and less condescending. I'm not one of the children on this site, and I'm growing a bit weary of moderating and responses that sound like a parent.

Last edited by reach4astar; 03-12-2008 at 03:00 PM..
Old 03-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #10
Baltimore Colts

thats a great idea but it takes 4 ever to get all the info we already have but u should try it then it may be added
Closed