Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #21
Webkinz :)

AayilahAnimal90 knows the way
AayilahAnimal90 knows the wayAayilahAnimal90 knows the wayAayilahAnimal90 knows the way

Default Re: Lots of "Scam Ads" on WI....

I had to block out my city for this one.
Click the image to open in full size.

View Post Originally Posted by heartpup
One on sushi coupons!!!
I just saw that one too.

Last edited by AayilahAnimal90; 01-23-2012 at 10:35 PM..
AayilahAnimal90 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 11:17 PM   #22
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by AayilahAnimal90
I had to block out my city for this one.
Click the image to open in full size.
I've seen that one a couple times too.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 04:21 AM   #23
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Adblock plus is used & recommended by many WI users; that's what convinced me to try it.
(I had also researched it.)
I got it about a year ago & it really sped up page loading.
Hasn't affected WKN events.
It is available for several platforms.
Parents/adults can google/(other s.e.) it for outside reviews & info.

e-mail from a dating service will have been generated by some mailing list your mom is on.
Some sites sell their addresses - that's why things can suddenly start appearing.
You need to read site policies carefully to see how they treat information you give them.
I have multiple e-mail accounts - one for personal contacts, one for very trusted business sites,
and one for other sites. It is a great way to filter things & not have to lose your personal e-mail privacy.
And there are very few online sites I buy from - just a handful of well-established businesses who keep their customers "private" and I frequented before the internet "took off", or really highly recommended by friends.
I may not get the best deals, but I avoid problems, and also don't get that much anyway.

Not every annoying ad is malware or scam, some really are trying to get new legit business by being flashy,
but I would recommend NEVER visiting a site that way -
anything I may want to find out more about I run through search engines & check malware alert sites for
before I would consider manually visiting.

Support the NO SOPA movement - stay aware of upcoming legislation.
Member: Save the Twinkees! & other Hostess treats. Join in the Gamez section.

Last edited by Twizzlerz; 01-24-2012 at 04:33 AM..
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 AM   #24
Gift Guru

wendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with gracewendypie wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Twizzlerz
Adblock plus is used & recommended by many WI users; that's what convinced me to try it.
(I had also researched it.)
I got it about a year ago & it really sped up page loading.
Hasn't affected WKN events.
It is available for several platforms.
Parents/adults can google/(other s.e.) it for outside reviews & info.

e-mail from a dating service will have been generated by some mailing list your mom is on.
Some sites sell their addresses - that's why things can suddenly start appearing.
You need to read site policies carefully to see how they treat information you give them.
I have multiple e-mail accounts - one for personal contacts, one for very trusted business sites,
and one for other sites. It is a great way to filter things & not have to lose your personal e-mail privacy.
And there are very few online sites I buy from - just a handful of well-established businesses who keep their customers "private" and I frequented before the internet "took off", or really highly recommended by friends.
I may not get the best deals, but I avoid problems, and also don't get that much anyway.

Not every annoying ad is malware or scam, some really are trying to get new legit business by being flashy,
but I would recommend NEVER visiting a site that way -
anything I may want to find out more about I run through search engines & check malware alert sites for
before I would consider manually visiting.

Thank you for your post.

Do you, or anyone, personally from experience know if Adblock plus is safe and effective to use on a MAC using Firefox and Safari? And ,if so, would one just google it to find out where to get the download? Thank you.
wendypie is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #25
Theatre910

Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicnessTwizzlerz is epic beyond epicness
Twizzlerz is epic beyond epicness

Not personally, sorry.
I would try search function on WI & see if any posts mention macs.

There is said to be one for Mac OS X 10.5.8 & later.

I would also check for their site & see what it says there.

Good luck!

Last edited by Twizzlerz; 01-24-2012 at 07:34 AM..
Twizzlerz is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #26
Summer, come back!

kawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comradekawee is a saintly comrade
kawee is a saintly comrade

I only use Chrome for WI and that is where most of my computer problem come from so I have ad block on chrome. I have used it with FF with no issues too. Good luck, I've been so happy with it since I found out about it!
kawee is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
Wacky Biscuit♥
Gift Guru

MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness
MeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicnessMeWuvKitties is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by wendypie
Do you, or anyone, personally from experience know if Adblock plus is safe and effective to use on a MAC using Firefox and Safari? And ,if so, would one just google it to find out where to get the download? Thank you.
I, personally, don't know.
But, it seems safe.
If you go to Firefox Add-Ons directly through FF, you can see it there, so I assume if FF actually publishes it directly as an add-on for them, that it's been verified to be safe.
MeWuvKitties is offline Female
Old 01-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #28

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

Sorry to hear you all are having problems with some ads. I haven't personally seen any of these ads you have mentioned, but I will continue to keep my eyes out. If you continue to see these advertisements, please make sure your anti-virus is up to date & run a quick scan, just to be on the safe side.

If you see an ad that concerns you: please make note of the date & time (please include your time zone), the location of the ad (top banner, bottom, or on the side), and the name of the company (the website address is best). That is the best way for us to take a look at the ads.

You all probably know that we are signed up for family friendly advertisements, but sometimes the few lemons will sneak their way through. It's not our intention to have these ads show up, but we can only react and remove them after we have the proper information gathered.

Thanks.

ETA: because I did not make it clear earlier. Please send any ad concerns via PM to a staff member. Creating threads about inappropriate ads is just spreading the image that may make others uncomfortable

Last edited by MissGnomie; 01-24-2012 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: .
MissGnomie is offline Female
Closed