Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Lock Button? (:

Hey there!
I had a little suggestion about the Members--Food section in the forum, and I completely understand if it's not possible to do this, but what if the owners of specific threads had the ability to lock the posts in which people post their entries, so that only mods and admins can change it and not the person who posted the entry? I mean, everyone has the ability to modify posts in the Members--Food section, yeah? Of course, most people are trustworthy but it could be precautionary.
Again, I totally understand if it's not possible--I honestly don't understand forum setup so if it's not possible just let me know.
gimmeabook is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
Colton Dixon is a
Webkinz :)

Snick&Tink1998 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Lock Button? (:

What if someone has spelling error that they need to correct? They'd have to comment a whole new comment. I think being able to modify your own comment is convenient.
Snick&Tink1998 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
crybaby
Gifted
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous
889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous889wlry has accomplished something fantabulous

I don't really agree..
I never ever saw a person change their entry half through the contest, and if they did, a mod or admin would prob ask them to change it back.
Anyways, they let you edit if you made a error, I'm a freak about that and want to change my posts as soon as I see that error
889wlry is offline Female
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #4
Gifted

gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
gimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlegimmeabook had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

View Post Originally Posted by Snick&Tink1998
What if someone has spelling error that they need to correct? They'd have to comment a whole new comment. I think being able to modify your own comment is convenient.
That is true, but if they can fix a spelling error they can change their entry as well. I'm not saying that they would, but it would just be precautionary.

View Post Originally Posted by 889wlry
I don't really agree..
I never ever saw a person change their entry half through the contest, and if they did, a mod or admin would prob ask them to change it back.
Anyways, they let you edit if you made a error, I'm a freak about that and want to change my posts as soon as I see that error
Yes, I always have to fix my errors right away too. A lot of people use Chrome though, and it underlines your mistakes, so in that case it would be easier to spot them.
I see what you're saying though. Like I said, it would only be precautionary.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Gifted

megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence
megan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellencemegan100160 is the epitome of excellence

I don't know... I would feel like my "posting rights" would be violated, so to speak. xD Maybe you could have your contestants PM you their entries?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #6
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by megan100160
I don't know... I would feel like my "posting rights" would be violated, so to speak. xD Maybe you could have your contestants PM you their entries?
Lol, that sounded a little strange.

Well, my contestants, I trust. It would be purely precautionary.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I don't know, it depends on the contest owner.

You can see if a person had edited a post recently; mods/admins can view the history to see if the entry has been changed (you can as well on your own posts)
I don't particularly mind if my contestants change their entry halfway. They have until the deadline, so if they feel they could do better and get another up before the deadline, it's fine with me. However, i know others don't like it that much. This does feel a bit like a violation, though. You can put in your contest rules to not change the entry halfway, I guess. That should work just as well.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Why would this feature be needed?
I am not too familiar with the contests in that section, so I am quite curious as to why you are suggesting this.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by Amygirl8
I don't know, it depends on the contest owner.

You can see if a person had edited a post recently; mods/admins can view the history to see if the entry has been changed (you can as well on your own posts)
I don't particularly mind if my contestants change their entry halfway. They have until the deadline, so if they feel they could do better and get another up before the deadline, it's fine with me. However, i know others don't like it that much. This does feel a bit like a violation, though. You can put in your contest rules to not change the entry halfway, I guess. That should work just as well.
Yah, I see what you're saying.
It's not entirely necessary, but I wouldn't want a contestant to turn something in and then change it. That's just my opinion, and I know none of my contestants would.

View Post Originally Posted by mickey26
Why would this feature be needed?
I am not too familiar with the contests in that section, so I am quite curious as to why you are suggesting this.
The only reason is it would make it impossible for anyone to change their entries. I know most people wouldn't, but it would be a precaution.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

View Post Originally Posted by gimmeabook
The only reason is it would make it impossible for anyone to change their entries. I know most people wouldn't, but it would be a precaution.
So in some contests, you aren't allowed to change your entry?

Well, if so, why don't ahead of time when your signing up, there should be a rule that states you will not change your entry after you post it. You must agree to that rule in order to participate in the contest.
mickey26 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
think outside the [box]