Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

Default A little idea i had for WI that I personally think i would eliminate lots of fights! Mods/Admins please check this out! --> It's about Polls <--

I'm not sure if the current system (VBulletin) is able to do this but here is an idea that i think lots of people would like! Mods and Admins, please let us know if the system is not able to do this.
My idea - A section of WI where polls can be made BUT you are not able to post on them. here is my idea for the format. The mods/admins would make a sticky at the top of the section where you can apply for a poll. Like if you wanted to do a 'Do you like Twilight?' poll (a poll that often has lots of fighters in it for their cause) you would post on the page. A mod would then approve/disapprove your idea. (sort of like the GE application) You would have to have simple requirements, like a good WI record (not having been banned in the past 3-6 months), be at webkinz status or higher, and have at least 100 posts. Then if your poll was approved, you would PM a mod your poll title and the options for it. If the mod approved then IN THE SPECIAL SECTION they would post the poll, but it would just be a poll that no one could post on but people could vote. To keep it from being too clogged up, there could be a limit of say, 30 polls. The polls would be open for a week or two nd then close. Then the new polls for the next week(s) couldn't be the same theme as a poll that has been made in the past 2 months or something like that. I think that this would eliminate lots of fighting because no one could see what you had voted and pester you about it. And if anyone was found pestering someone about what they voted on the poll, punishments would occur.

So that is my idea. Rate the idea by rating this thread! Please post your opinions on this. I will accept anything members think about this! i want to know about this to see how many members would be interested in this idea in case it becomes a reality!

Also i understand if it would just be too much work for the mods/admins to keep up with this, i just have been thinking about this for a while!

*Oh, and the regular Polls section would still be there, but this would be like a sub-section*

Last edited by Emloveswebkins; 02-12-2009 at 10:28 PM..
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
montanarose9

Default Re: A little idea i had for WI that I personally think i would eliminate lots of fights! Mods/Admins please check this out!

That's a great idea! =D
Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
|_ () \/ 3
Gift Guru

lexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guidelexi18216 is a golden guide

Default Re: A little idea i had for WI that I personally think i would eliminate lots of fights! Mods/Admins please check this out!

Great idea! I think that would eliminate alot of fighting!
lexi18216 is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
»ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ«
Webkinz :)

CutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guideCutiePie_Kelsey is a golden guide

Wonderfullllll Idea!!!!!!!!!!!
CutiePie_Kelsey is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #5
Gifted

GymnasticsGirl has disabled reputation

That is a fantastic idea, that would alleviate most problems we have, most of our dissensions come from these polls! Rep!
GymnasticsGirl is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
WhiteTerrierFan

I love this idea! I think it would prevent many fights and would be kind of fun too. [rep]
Old 02-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

WOW...that IS a good idea...based on what I read, you are saying that the Pollster should apply before making the Poll...much like the Avvie Shops and Role Plays have to. This would allow the Moderators to 'approve' of the content before letting it move forward. Hmm...I think it IS a good idea, Em
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
Gifted

Emloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonderEmloveswebkins wows us all with wonder

I'm glad you all like the idea! I have seen several fights because of polls like 'do you like twlilight?' and lots of people have almost gotten banned because of it. also lots of people have said they almost wanted to leave WI because of it as well.
Emloveswebkins is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
Jesus 4 ever!
Webkinz :)

Kayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundKayrocks1 radiates beauty and kindness all around

OMGosh that is sutch a good idea i recentally posted a poll and it was do you like the jonas brothers and i meant to put kevin and every one is saying how do you think he would feel and i was a little hurt cause it was a mistake thanks for the GREAT idea!!!
Kayrocks1 is offline Female
Old 02-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
covered in milk
Banned
luckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to beholdluckypenny is a splendid one to behold

I disagree. I like the polls section and I love to find out what people think about a subject. I met one of my friends via a poll I posted. It would be a shame to remove the option to reply to a poll.

And a lot of people only go to the polls section to add posts to their count.
luckypenny is offline Female
Closed