Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #1
Kylieroo17
Webkinz :)

Kylieroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Limit the words on titles...please?

Alright, I've only been on WI for a week and I'm already going insane reading thread titles. Some people seem to want to put their whole first post in the title! Threads do not needs titles like "Come join my cutest pet contest! The pet I pick wins 6 PSFs and there's a super secret prize for the grand prize winner! There are only ten entries! Please enter! 3 more days left!" (this isn't an actual thread title, just a mishmash of some that I've seen). Too many words! There is no need for titles like this! All of that should go IN your post. What's wrong with a nice, simple title? Such as: "Kylieroo's cutest pet contest! Great prizes!" That's all I would want to see if I was looking for a thread. Then I'd click on it and read the post to find out the rules, prizes, due dates, and so on. I've seen threads like this in a lot of forums here, not just the contests, either. So please, for all our sakes, keep the titles short! Thank you!
Kylieroo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
Tecytoc2142

Default Re: Limit the words on titles...please?

i disagree i sometimes like to see the prizes a contest is offering before seeing the details and sometimes if you put more in your title your thread will stand out.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Boudica

Exclamation Re: Limit the words on titles...please?

The length of your 'example' thread title is, indeed, a bit extreme. I've only seen a couple of threads that crammed that much into the title (except in the GE) though. If I had to make a choice, I'd rather see an overly long thread title than one that says "OMG! Click here!"
Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
I'm H2O intolerant..
Tinkerbelle will become famous soon enough

Well I agree with Boudica. While it might be annoying, at least it explains the thread. I mean, seriously, it can get annyoing, but I still would rather see a long, informative thread title than a short boring one.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:13 AM   #5
Kylieroo17

Really? All the pet or chat sites I've ever been on limited punctuation, wrods, or something. And thank goodness! No, I don't think "Hurry and click here!" is an appropriate thread title, but neither are the really long ones. they make my head hurt. I just don't see any reason for them when you get an entire post to make as long as you want explaining the meaning of the thread. The title of the thread is supposed to be, well, the title!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:24 AM   #6
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

I agree with you. I don't like the "Click here now!" threads
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 02:51 AM   #7
elcome to Eggtown

PanaBanana is on a distinguished road

Kylieroo has got a point. I tend not to click on overly long titles. Short, simple and to the point is the way to go.
PanaBanana is offline Female
Old 06-28-2008, 03:44 AM   #8
Carleigh ♥

I think that the person shouldn't put the whole post basically in the title. But whatever is needed in the title. However long or short, whatever is needed.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:44 PM   #9
Kylieroo17

Exactly, Carleigh. I guess I just don't think *everything* is necessary to get people to come to a thread. And I've never clicked on a thread because it said "Click here!", either.
Old 06-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #10
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

I disagree. I really don't think so.... I mean, all they are trying to do is attract people to their thread. And also, at least you know what the thread is about, and some detail. Plus, how long can it take to read? 5 seconds? It really never has bothered me. Sorry to disagree.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Closed