Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Talking Let's make our thread titles relevant to what our threads contain!

I am so tired of seeing thread titles absolutely irrelevant to the information that the thread actually contains. So can we please work hard to change this?

Here is something I have in my "making a thread guide" regarding thread titles.

Quote:
This is one of the most important parts of a thread because it is the FIRST thing a potential viewer will see. If you have a catchy title, chances are the thread will have more views because people want to read things that interest or intrigue them.
Quote:

Let's go through a few examples, shall we?

Thread Topic: You got a brand new Cotton Candy Bunny!

Now this is very exciting and since it is a very new webkinz, people would be very interested in hearing how you got it, where you got it, what you named it, and especially--they will want to see some pictures! First though, you are going to need a catchy thread title to "reel them in" and get them excited about your thread. Let's go through some potential thread titles.
  1. new webkinz
  2. i got a webkinz
  3. please come to my thread!!!! click!!!!!!
  4. I got a new Cotton Candy Bunny!
  5. Yum Yum...it's a brand new Cotton Candy Bunny! Pictures included!
Now of the above potential titles, there are two that might catch my attention. Can you guess what they are? If you guessed 4 or 5, then you would be correct. The first and second title are so plain and boring. They show no emotion and if you are not excited about your thread, how can you expect others to be? The third option does not even explain what the thread is. This is just being desperate for people to view your thread and frankly just turns people away.

The fourth option is pretty good but could be better. It explains what the thread contains but lacks that WOW factor. The fifth option has it all: the wow factor, an explanation of the thread, and an extra touch. It is a very interesting title and has a good chance to be clicked, viewed, and of course, posted upon.

Thread Topic: You have an idea for halloween on webkinz.

You took the time to think of this brilliant idea so you are going to need an equally brilliant title so people want to view what you have been thinking. Let's go through some potential thread titles.
  1. i have an idea
  2. new idea for halloween
  3. clickieeee pleasieeee!!!!
  4. I haeve a grat iDeaa for halowen in www.
  5. I have a SPOOKTACULAR idea for Halloween in Webkinz World!
Now of the above potential titles, I hope you now understand why the first three are not acceptable. The fourth is bad because it is not grammatically correct. It is very important that you spell things correctly and use correct grammar in your thread title. The fifth potential title is definitely something that would "reel" me in. It has all the key factors: the wow factor, an explanation of the thread, and an extra touch.

Here is a link to that thread, where you will find the quoted material:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/absolutely-superb-guide-t400130.html

Last edited by LilyRose; 10-07-2008 at 09:06 PM..
LilyRose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: Let's make our thread titles relevant to what our threads contain!

Wow,great job on pointing this out,rep point!
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
To the invisible (:
Webkinz :)

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

Yes. I noticed that many times before. And I think the " Help" Threads should contain a little more information instead of "--->♥♥♥♥ Help♥♥♥♥ <---", It should be Webkinz world loading help. Do you think. I am so happy you pointed it out, Because your the first I saw to point it out I would love to give you a rep point.
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Gifted

Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum
Lake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forumLake rocks the forum

I read your Thread Guide; You've done a great job with it I must say, thank you for pointing this out. It'd be a help for threads in the "Help" Section to have more info in the titles so members can relate to the problems someone is having.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
bee wacky!
Gifted

beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness
beekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicnessbeekay is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by i <3 webkinz!
I am so tired of seeing thread titles absolutely irrelevant to the information that the thread actually contains. So can we please work hard to change this? <snip>

Here is a link to that thread, where you will find the quoted material:
http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t400130.html

I most heartily agree!
Being relatively new on I am often looking for information about how things work here and on . Thread titles are very misleading. Also, when I've gone to some of these false leads, I have found something interesting. But, because of the irrelevant titles, I can't get back to it. I hope everyone sees this and tries to follow the tips here.

Many thanks to you, i <3 webkinz! You show leadership and caring.

beekay

My First and My Favorite

:el1: :clyde:
beekay is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

Nice idea! This will help a lot of people out. I have t admit, some of my thread title are a bit blah. Thanks for the reminder!
Ivie is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by beekay

I most heartily agree! Being relatively new on I am often looking for information about how things work here and on . Thread titles are very misleading. Also, when I've gone to some of these false leads, I have found something interesting. But, because of the irrelevant titles, I can't get back to it. I hope everyone sees this and tries to follow the tips here.

Many thanks to you, i <3 webkinz! You show leadership and caring.

beekay

My First and My Favorite

:el1: :clyde:
Hello! Here on WI, you have the option to "subscribe" to a thread. I recommend doing this especially for those threads that have random titles so you can just got your subscriptions to find it again. You can also set your WI account to automatically subsribe to every thread you post on from the user cp -----> edit options.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
mommysaysim
Gifted

BackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledgeBackFlip15 flows towards the sea of knowledge

Good point! Thank you for pointing this out! I'm gonna give you a reppy! xD
BackFlip15 is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
call me jenny(:♥

JonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundJonasBrothers<3 radiates beauty and kindness all around

i hate that too! thanks for the reminder. hopefully people will stop doing that!
JonasBrothers<3 is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
Gift Guru

Yes, yes, yes.
Closed