Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI Rules & Suggestions

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
gangnam style
Webkinz :)

tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible
tarsky781 challenges the impossibletarsky781 challenges the impossible

Default Less name shops?

Call me obsessive-compulsive, but has anyone else noticed that there are lots of name shops?
I was just in the I Need A Pet Name section, and I saw... maybe 4 threads that needed names, and the rest of the page was shops and shops and shops.
Does anyone else think we should cut back on the name shops?
tarsky781 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #2
How many zeros?

000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity
000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity000000005 has reached maximum rep capacity

Default Re: Less name shops?

Yes, I definitely think members need to lay back on the number of name shops. I think what is happening, is that a bunch of members see how successful some of the other shops were, and wanted to try their own. I don't like how some people create threads just because they want to be popular, and have a lot of rep.
000000005 is offline Male
Old 10-12-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I just work at a name shop haha I think having your own name shop is pretty hard, considering that I already have an avie siggie shop. Maybe if i get a name shop, I'll open up a partnership with a friend.
webkinzchick1 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

I agree,I mean,do we really need like,30 of them?
Great thread!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #5

Talini has a spectacular aura about

Maybe all the shops should be able to advertise in a new, separate section. I think some people find it fun to have a "shop" and then get more rep. I'm glad to see people having fun with it, but I don't like when it clogs things up for the rest of us.

I recently did a general post to get a name and got a private message to go to someone's shop. Not too crazy about that, either.

My two cents...
Talini is offline Female
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I think there's more than 30...
webkinzchick1 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

Yeah. I think there are too many shops. A lot of them are really good, but some just do it for Rep.
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
HomieWHONKâ„¢ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Well... Maybe there's a way to get them approved? I think right now all you have to do is post your shop. Admins or mods of that forum can review shops they think are acceptable and those that they think aren't can be reapproved.
Dogluver620 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2009, 09:35 AM   #9
God made u beautiful
Gifted

webbieluvr1924 is a forum hero
webbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum herowebbieluvr1924 is a forum hero

Yes, I do think there are a lot of shops but only a fraction of them do pretty well. I do have one myself with a few friends and I have to say we're doing good. We opened ours to have some fun together but it's really frustrating with all of the other shops around because it's really crowded and I bet some other people looking for pet names get frustrated looking for names too.

I like the approving idea. Maybe the mods could like shut a few down and keep active ones open.

A good thing about name shops, though, is that it cuts down on the amount of threads people start asking for one name.

Those are just my thoughts though. Nice thread!
webbieluvr1924 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #10
Gift Guru

AsH xO is a WI addict!
AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!AsH xO is a WI addict!

I think there are way too many shops for naming. I agree with Dogluver620 - there should be a way to get the shops approved! Only a small fraction of the naming shops are good, and the others just do it for rep.

Also, I don't think people should just make threads on asking for a name, they should just go to one of the shops open. I also agree with webbieluvr1924 - mods and admins should keep active shops open and shut down a few!
AsH xO is offline Female
Closed